• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Manual Transmission Oil Use?

Hay guys....just wanted to get a poll to see which brand and model oil you guys use mostly in your NSX's.....

I am using Redline MTL........

How about you guys and feed backs on what you guys use?

Thanks!

Lots of discussion on this topic. Search is great.

Anyways, I use the Honda/Acura White Cap MTF. Seems to be the stuff of choice.

I just changed my tranny oil and used the Acura MTF.

I have tried the 2 Qt GM Syncromesh with 1 Qt GM Friction Modifer Mix. I couldn't really tell any difference so I went back to the OEM MTF.

I also tried a mix of 2 Qt Penz 10w-30 Synthetic with 1 Pint Lucus Oil Modifer and 1 Pint of Energy Release. That mix was BAD NEWS. It was too thick, especially when it was below 40 degrees F outside, and the syncros wanted to grind in 3rd, 4th and 5th unless you were really slow on the shift. It was also very stiff to shift.

I have not tried the Amsoil MTF. Maybe next time.

Brad

Last edited:
The "new" honda MTF is popular now but so is GM Friction modified. I tried FM when I used to get a grind going into 2nd at WOT. Drained, refilled with FM and it's been great ever since. I've been running it for almost 2 years and 20,000 miles or so now. Great stuff.

Ditto.

Same problem (but from third to fourth gear) and the same result.

Honda OEM White Cap. Since I got the car at 6,250 miles old it had a synchro grind when cold going into second, a common issue I am told with the stock original oil. I switched to the OEM white cap oil and the grind is just about nonexistant (except when extremely cold if not warmed up) and the shifting feels crisper, the car now has just over 11,000 miles and the tranny feels better than ever.

Tytus

Back