• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Meet January 23rd, 2010

I had fun soooo much fun and if anyone wants more of James' fries (when he goes to the boy's room next time), feel free! I love sharing other people's food!!! Speaking of... congrats on your cheerleading trophy James! It's cool! Even all the kids behind us wanted to touch it! On a more serious note, I hope that Anthony of Sacto made it to the wedding on time. It was great to meet you and all the other members from up there! The drive was great, a little disoriented at the beginning but finally caught up at Chevron. We need a better "start-off" plan next time. Hey, post more pics of the winning shot with Bill, the girls, and the trophy (you know who you are)!!! :biggrin:

I would like to thank the academy...

Seriously, I hope everyone understands the real purpose of this award. Mike and I have a running inside joke about he or I having the nicest NSX in the bay area. This was a complete surprise, though, and the trophy is by no means an indication of my car's status among the many nice cars in the club. We intend to award this distinction to others in the club at future meets and the trophy is intended to be motivation for you all to come to more meets. So come often (and come clean!:biggrin:) so you can be "judged" :tongue:.

This is very true. The running joke started before the Wekfest 2009 in Japantown. See link below: (posts 160 and 162)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115595&page=7

That being said...

I can't argue with Mike's selection of the inaugural winner of this distinguished award. I'm tellin' ya... every time I think my ego is just about as big as it can get someone screws up and makes it even bigger:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

werd.gif

I had fun soooo much fun and if anyone wants more of James' fries (when he goes to the boy's room next time), feel free! I love sharing other people's food!!! Speaking of... congrats on your cheerleading trophy James! It's cool! Even all the kids behind us wanted to touch it! On a more serious note, I hope that Anthony of Sacto made it to the wedding on time. It was great to meet you and all the other members from up there! The drive was great, a little disoriented at the beginning but finally caught up at Chevron. We need a better "start-off" plan next time. Hey, post more pics of the winning shot with Bill, the girls, and the trophy (you know who you are)!!! :biggrin:

Just got home. What a great day that kinda turned sour on me... I made it to the wedding barely on time after having to replace my 2 rear tires. Had a rock on Hwy 84 practically punture a hole .5x1 inch in size. It was quite the "experience" having to deal with this problem. Thanks to all that stopped with me and gave me a hand with my tire.

Just got home. What a great day that kinda turned sour on me... I made it to the wedding barely on time after having to replace my 2 rear tires. Had a rock on Hwy 84 practically punture a hole .5x1 inch in size. It was quite the "experience" having to deal with this problem. Thanks to all that stopped with me and gave me a hand with my tire.

Glad you made it to your engagement on time. We thought about going back to check on you but figured there wasn't much room to turn around once there, and that there probably wasn't much we could do anyway.

We *did* try to get the phone numbers of those around you but didn't have any luck doing so. Like I said, though, glad you came out okay.

We'll see ya at the next meet; maybe the joint meet that the chapter presidents are planning?

J

That was an awesome meet and it was great meeting more NSXrs from the Bay and Sac! Thanks for organizing this Mike!

Yolanda, get better soon!

-Dan

Too bad on the cruise someone ran over a rock and got a flat.

I heard that eons ago there was evidence partially buried of another NSX that had an accident there.

What was it? Part of a bumper?

Ya when we stopped to help out Sir Stunna Lot, there was a oem front lip from an na1 that was at the side of the road. looked like it's been there for awhile. thats not a good corner for nsx's lol

Sir Stunna Lot: guess my "fix a flat" didn't work out, good to see you made it out ok though

Ya when we stopped to help out Sir Stunna Lot, there was a oem front lip from an na1 that was at the side of the road. looked like it's been there for awhile. thats not a good corner for nsx's lol

Sir Stunna Lot: guess my "fix a flat" didn't work out, good to see you made it out ok though

When I saw the falling rocks sign and other caution signs I really didn't have a good feeling.

That was reinforced when there was mud and rocks on the road and on the turn my rear end started to slide a little.

yeah seeing that lip was creepy.

We had a great time at the meet. I'd like to thank Mike and the Bay Area Chapter for organizing the meet and picking a great location w/ good food.

[for the Sacramento guys - we have a place called Armadillo Willy's Flying Pig, which is the same as Armadillo Willy's]. Might need to have a monthly meeting there soon.

Armadillo Willy's Flying Pig
3620 North Freeway Blvd, Sacramento CA 95864

Thanks to chicagozer for posting the pics. That was cool seeing my NSX in the first pic w/ the rain drops on it.

It was a real treat getting to see old friends and meeting new ones. I'm looking forward to doing something like this again.

Yes, thank you Mike et al for organizing, and for thinking of the very nice group video for Yolanda. What a great turnout!

Chip

lol... Dang, its been 48 hours and not one pic of my NSX has been posted from last saturdays meet.
bawling.gif
bawling.gif
bawling.gif
No more love for the former "Nicest NSX in the Bay Area"... I guess I'vee been thrown out with yesterdays newspaper :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Re: Photos from NSX Meet January 23rd, 2010

Great meet, people and cars. A big "Thank You" goes out to Mike who organized this event... and to anyone else who helped. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was very nice seeing some old faces as well as new ones.

Image12.jpg

someone should put this on facebook and attempt to tag everyone in it! :tongue:

[for the Sacramento guys - we have a place called Armadillo Willy's Flying Pig, which is the same as Armadillo Willy's]. Might need to have a monthly meeting there soon.

Armadillo Willy's Flying Pig
3620 North Freeway Blvd, Sacramento CA 95864

Tried to go by there last night and they have closed up shop. Place was empty. Ended up going to Hooters instead.

Back