• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX/MR2(De) 2004 NSX

Hey! De, where did you pick up this baby...real nice!

Attachments

• d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:
What the hell, buddy? Didn't ask you to take any pictures of my top secret interior, did I? So now, you think that now, you know it all about NSXes from 1991-2004, huh?

Last edited:
NSX/MR2 said:
What the hell, buddy? Didn't ask you to take any pictures of my rop secret interior, did I? No you think that you know it all about NSXes from 1991-2004 huh?

Nice!

So the question that everyone wants to ask..
Is the 04 really faster than your previous lightweight NSX?

Just kidding..

The hardest part will be having to break in the car slowly, and probably spending the extra $$s once the mod fever hits again :)

Ken

Ohh yeah. It is faster due to its better gear ratio and suspension, and there is no more big drop of RPM from 1st to 2nd. Remember, this is the second time i have driven a redesigned NSX. The new drive-by-wire throttle response is more to my liking. David (Gomaidy) noticed the fast pick-up when he drove the 2004, too.

Damn, De!!!...I didn't realize the militarty paid so well:D

4 NSX's???:eek:

Nice looking '04:cool:

BTW, tell the dude across the street(in the pictures) to water his lawn!!!;) :p :D

NSX/MR2 said:
Ohh yeah. It is faster due to its better gear ratio and suspension, and there is no more big drop of RPM from 1st to 2nd. Remember, this is the second time i have driven a redesigned NSX. The new drive-by-wire throttle response is more to my liking. David (Gomaidy) noticed the fast pick-up when he drove the 2004, too.

Yep,

The 6 speed really helps to keep the engine in the powerband between the 1st to 2nd shift. It's almost like going with the shorter gears on the 5 speed.

There is one thing that I notice on my 97 that has drive-by-wire throttle, the revs stay high for a bit after an upshift, it's a bit anoying at times, people who go from the earlier models to the later models really notice this right away and find it very odd as well.

Hopefully they have corrected this strange behavior in the later models.

BTW: It would be interesting to know the exact dyno numbers of your car once the break-in period is over, I'm curious to know if there have been any discernible increases in the rwhp.

Have fun with your car :D.

Ken

91 X said:
Damn, De!!!...I didn't realize the militarty paid so well:D

4 NSX's???:eek:

Nice looking '04:cool:

BTW, tell the dude across the street(in the pictures) to water his lawn!!!;) :p :D

Watering his lawn would be a good thing. Unfortunately, i can't do any thing, because that is Arron's neighbor's.

2slow2speed said:
Yep,

The 6 speed really helps to keep the engine in the powerband between the 1st to 2nd shift. It's almost like going with the shorter gears on the 5 speed.

There is one thing that I notice on my 97 that has drive-by-wire throttle, the revs stay high for a bit after an upshift, it's a bit anoying at times, people who go from the earlier models to the later models really notice this right away and find it very odd as well.

BTW: It would be interesting to know the exact dyno numbers of your car once the break-in period is over, I'm curious to know if there have been any discernible increases in the rwhp.

Have fun with your car :D.

Ken

And the suspension was redesigned (thicken) again from the 02-04. It grips good and I can really feel the 17s all around.

Wow I was impressed by the 04 NSX,

I thought the older NSX shifter was smooth until I drove the 04, all the gears just slips into gear with very little force. The OEM clutch grabs without any cluncking and jerking that I am used to.
The perforated seats/interior feels plush. Suspension has a nice balance. ABS / Brakes feels solid, Engine/gear ratio has plenty of torque. There are various other things that has been improved in the 04, u guys should just drive one to feel the difference.

I guess the best year to buy any car is the final model year (04 NSX) before the HSC arrives.;)

gomaidy said:
Wow I was impressed by the 04 NSX,

I thought the older NSX shifter was smooth until I drove the 04, all the gears just slips into gear with very little force. The OEM clutch grabs without any cluncking and jerking that I am used to.
The perforated seats/interior feels plush. Suspension has a nice balance. ABS / Brakes feels solid, Engine/gear ratio has plenty of torque. There are various other things that has been improved in the 04, u guys should just drive one to feel the difference.

Are you saying feel the difference between a 91-96 vs the 04 or a 97+..

2slow2speed said:
Yep,

Ken

Yes, in the redesigned NSX, it is a little bit beter (stated somewehere in a manual or magazine.) I made this stament after owning or driving 10 different NSXes already, including 2 redesigned NSXes. Also, I read quite a bit on the techiqual stuffs.

Is it just my eyes....or are the gauges in your new NSX-T kind of blue in color??

Meeyatch1 said:
Is it just my eyes....or are the gauges in your new NSX-T kind of blue in color??

THey made them blue in 2002+.

I like it!

The interior got qui a few minor touch up. Lots of things, but minor. They are nice to go with the car. Kind of different and freash.

It still does it in the 2002, it is only bad if you shift at low RPMs, and has seemed to get better with more miles.
I suspect it is built in as part of emissions control, as the worst emissions are when a car is decellerating, I believe holding the decel speed higher reduces emissions, and that is why it is set to do that.

Back