• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx Muffler Cutaway and Modify - Pics Inside!

1. Test pipes are bad ass
2. They will make your car go faster (me and lmr are dead even and he puts out 25 more hp to the wheels than me on a s/c car)
3. It sounds bad ass. Test pipes are in general bad ass

Fffffffffanman, what if you just connect the two inlets directly to outlets like an x inside the muffler. That should be sick.

How are u and Les even when he makes 25more rwhp than u?

25 hp is nothing in the NSX.
A car with a strong engine is fast.
I would never FI an NSX again.
Unless you where 400 plus hp.
Trev

I cut out the red sections from the above picture in my muffler. Volume is about perfect for me, not too loud but adds some character. Was actually surprised by how quiet it still was for how much restriction was bypassed. Only problem now is I get an annoying rasp/resonance at a couple rpm, mainly at 2800-3000. Not sure if replacing my race pipes with the original cats would solve this?

Thanks to the OP of this thread I decided to do a little mod to my '01 exhaust.

Just cut open and modified it tonight, will install on the weekend.

It looks a bit different from the ones here.

I didn't open it all the way, just enough to remove the center perforated tube right before the exit pipes. But you can see the pipes have tiny velocity stacks on them which I'm sure helps flow a bit. It also looks the internal resonators are bigger.

I cleaned up the pipe I cut better after I took that picture heh it's just difficult to work around there with my bulky air grinder.

Last edited:
You should have cut the entire thing open. I just did that to my turbo magnaflow muffler. Cut around both sides then across entire muffler. Took shield off, gutted, then wrapped pipes in heat wrap. Then friends dad welded it back. Now it sounds like a boss lol

heh well if I wanted it loud I would just buy a loud after market exhaust :)
I actually want it to be fairly quiet, maybe just not sound so much like an Accord!

Unfortunately I already welded it back up, but I can maybe measure the scraps of the pipe I cut out. I'll check tonight.

The little velocity stacks are definitely a new addition on this muffler for one.

I think the external piping on the muffler is larger too. I'll measure.

YmRqz.jpg

Back