• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on Autoweek on Speedchannel

The Autoweek show on speedchannel did a feature on the NSX on this week's show. Sort of a farewell feel to it. I'm sure it will rerun, check speedchannel website for listings. The same episode featured some H2 mod story shortly before so you'll know if you hit the right one.

Added bonus for all you forums nazi groupies: there is a new Lexus commercial set in the fifties w/ the soup nazi guy pitching the idea for Vegas to a mobster type.

My TiVo caught it! It was a pretty good segment... although they still have some facts wrong. Everyone keeps saying the NSX was released in 1991. It was released in 1990 in the USA as a 91 model dang it! :p

Anyway, if you guys miss the re-run, I'll try to capture it into a movie file.

I just caught a replay...thanks for the heads up. The review was glowing.

I was a bit surprised with their certainty on the next generation NSX. Not that they gave particulars on the car...just the fact that there would be one.

The review was surprisly good. They hit on none of the negatives at all. This guy obviously loved NSX's. He even thought the price was justified!

Aug 10 05:30am
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 11 12:30pm
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 15 08:30am
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 15 09:30pm
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 17 05:30am
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 18 12:30pm
Hope this is the same one.

I did a search on NSX, and came up with this on the History Channel:

Voyages
Automobiles: Honda-NSX
60 mins.

The growth of Honda and how it helped change America's opinion of cars made in Japan.

Date Start Time Title
Friday, 13 10:00 AM Voyages: Automobiles: Honda-NSX
Friday, 13 3:00 PM Voyages: Automobiles: Honda-NSX
Saturday, 14 3:00 AM Voyages: Automobiles: Honda-NSX

SamBel said:

Voyages
60 mins.

The growth of Honda and how it helped change America's opinion of cars made in Japan.

Date Start Time Title
Friday, 13 10:00 AM Voyages: Automobiles: Honda-NSX
Friday, 13 3:00 PM Voyages: Automobiles: Honda-NSX
Saturday, 14 3:00 AM Voyages: Automobiles: Honda-NSX

You can get this on tape at Amazon.com. The whole video is on Honda, with a tiny segment at the end for the NSX.

I recorded the Autoweek NSX review as well. It was very well done. Kudos to auto week.

maybe my standard is too high

or maybe I just watched too much Best Motoring or those British sleepy fish videos... seems like this autoweek test driver is kind of lame...

He's not even turning the traction control off... and we just see the car past the same corner time after time... without even drifting it for show or even going fast...

ffffanman said:
Aug 10 05:30am
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 11 12:30pm
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 15 08:30am
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 15 09:30pm
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 17 05:30am
AutoWeek, SPEED Aug 18 12:30pm
Hope this is the same one.

Thanks!!

Re: maybe my standard is too high

NSXDreamer2 said:
He's not even turning the traction control off... and we just see the car past the same corner time after time... without even drifting it for show or even going fast...

He turned it off once towards the end.

Re: maybe my standard is too high

NSXDreamer2 said:
or maybe I just watched too much Best Motoring or those British sleepy fish videos... seems like this autoweek test driver is kind of lame...

oh, no doubt the review was very lame. It was basically like reading with some movement. Nothing fantastic to watch. No excitement. Even his engine clip was lame as the mic was too far from the engine. If they had at least tracked it, it would have been more fun. Autoweek does not drive their cars near as hard as Top Gear though.

I think I should start my own review show like Top Gear and use my local track to do all the testing. Now that would be cool :)

SamBel said:

Voyages

That's a good show. Not that much NSX content, but if you're a Honda fan like I am, you'll find it well worth watching.

On the other hand, I don't see that show on HC schedule for this Fri 0813.

Netviper says:
>>>The review was surprisly good. They hit on none of the negatives at all.

I've got a stack of auto magazines in the closet about knee-high with tests of the NSX. This show sounds consistent with most all of those to me (although I've not watched it yet).

Richard
'93 Blk/Blk

rrwildman said:
Netviper says:
>>>The review was surprisly good. They hit on none of the negatives at all.

I've got a stack of auto magazines in the closet about knee-high with tests of the NSX. This show sounds consistent with most all of those to me (although I've not watched it yet).
Yes. The reviews in the press, even the recent ones, have been consistently positive and full of praise.

Back