• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Only Track Day @ Buttonwillow

REGISTERED 1. RYU - Purple, 1 day, #1
REGISTERED 2. Coz - Red/Green, 2 day, #26
REGISTERED 3. Greg-TT - Green/Red, 1 day, #3
4. illWillem - Red, #1 111
REGISTERED 5. Ryneen - Red/Green
REGISTERED 6. Thanhnsx - Blue (Low-Intermediate), 1 day, <a href="http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=83" target="_blank">#8 3
REGISTERED 7. 9doors (Nick) - Green, 2 days, #421
8. Dhalsim - Black, 1 day, #91
REGISTERED 9. Liftnot - Red/Green, 1 day, #21
REGISTERED 10. Phryxis - Black (High Intermediate) #8
REGISTERED 11. jsl757 - Black
REGISTERED 12. moderu - Purple, 1 day, #1 8
REGISTERED 13. Gundan323 - Black (HI), Sat, #93
14. BlackRacerX - Purple
15. g3driver - Green, #1 4
16. Chang99 - Black, #99
17. 91 X
REGISTERED 18. akira3d - Blue (Low-Intermediate), 1 day,#3 0
19. MrHugo - (Low-Intermediate)
20. J-Rnsxt - Black
21. Ramon - Purple
REGISTERED 22. DASHNBY - Blue (LI), 1 day, #3 7
23. SYCOSHO - Black, 1 Day, #1
REGISTERED 24. Si - Green, 1 day, #5
25. Ogs Rex - Purple
REGISTERED 26. LMR - Blue, 1 Day, #1 11
REGISTERED 27. Gansan - Black (HI), 1 Day, #3 1
28. Valhalla - Blue, 1 Day [#17
/QUOTE]

REGISTERED 1. RYU - Purple, 1 day, #1
REGISTERED 2. Coz - Red/Green, 2 day, #26
REGISTERED 3. Greg-TT - Green/Red, 1 day, #3
4. illWillem - Red, #1 111
REGISTERED 5. Ryneen - Red/Green
REGISTERED 6. Thanhnsx - Blue (Low-Intermediate), 1 day, #8 3
REGISTERED 7. 9doors (Nick) - Green, 2 days, #421
8. Dhalsim - Black, 1 day, #91
REGISTERED 9. Liftnot - Red/Green, 1 day, #21
REGISTERED 10. Phryxis - Black (High Intermediate) #8
REGISTERED 11. jsl757 - Black
REGISTERED 12. moderu - Purple, 1 day, #1 8
REGISTERED 13. Gundan323 - Black (HI), Sat, #93
14. BlackRacerX - Purple
15. g3driver - Green, #1 4
16. Chang99 - Black, #99
17. 91 X
REGISTERED 18. akira3d - Blue (Low-Intermediate), 1 day,#3 0
19. MrHugo - (Low-Intermediate)
20. J-Rnsxt - Black
21. Ramon - Purple
REGISTERED 22. DASHNBY - Blue (LI), 1 day, #3 7
23. SYCOSHO - Black, 1 Day, #1
REGISTERED 24. Si - Green, 1 day, #5
25. Ogs Rex - Purple
REGISTERED 26. LMR - Blue, 1 Day, #1 11
REGISTERED 27. Gansan - Black (HI), 1 Day, #3 1
REGISTERED 28. Hapa88 - Purple, 1 Day (Saturday), #88
29. Kuni - Green, 1 day, #XX
REGISTERED 30. Valhalla - Blue, 1 Day, #17

- - - Updated - - -

Garage

* Me
* Kuni
* Ryan
* Willem
* Colin
* Kenny
* Open $45
* Open $45

Last edited:
What's the situation with instructing? Regan, could you call/text/pm me about what you're looking to have me do? I am unsure how this all will work out, should I register like a normal attendee or what's the deal.

Let me know so I can plan accordingly

I will be assisting Regan in arranging the garage rentals, please contact me if you are interested in renting a garage. It's worth it!

No garage for me...I have the trailer. From your guys experience, do you usually see trailers in the paddock somewhere near the garages or should I be looking to rent an "rv" space?

Colin, I signed up for a garage when registering. Should I cancel and rent a garage from you?

No it should be fine. I am going to contact Speedventures about it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the information I got from Aaron regarding garages:

Actually only 1 garage has been booked so far (by Greg Kim). To book a garage, I just need people to select them when they sign up, or a registered driver to tell me they want to add one to their current registration. They sell out very quickly, so let me know!

So if you want a garage, please get a garage buddy and coordinate with them.

Garage

* Regan
* Kuni
* Ryan
* Willem
* Colin
* Kenny
* Greg - PAID
* Tim
* Open $45
* Open $45

Last edited:
Just realize this is OCT 18th!! FXXXXKKKin' kidding me. My sisters wedding.

Yeah, my wife just got a wedding invitation to her best friend's sister's wedding in Temecula for the same day..........this might get ugly............

some questions..

1. is this a rain or shine event?

2. Does your insurance cover these type of events??? Is it "instructional"?

3. Do they have rental helmets?

I've done autocross but never a track event...so I'm a noob, but looking to lay down fastest lap time by days end:tongue:

Last edited:
1 Yes rain or shine

2 Unless its explicitly excluded they typically are; however more and more lately this is not the case. Check for yourself, If you call an agent and you may get a rubber stamped 'no' even if that's not actually the case. Usually timing is involved then its almost always a not covered, but if its a driving class it will be.

3 Most groups do, not sure about SV im inclined to say they'll rent you one if you need it. If not go to pep boys and get a chepo HJC motorcycle one for 50 bucks. Or get a nice auto one since you should have one to autocross anyways. :]

Last edited:
In this case, better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission Roger ;-)

Yeah, my wife just got a wedding invitation to her best friend's sister's wedding in Temecula for the same day..........this might get ugly............

Trying to register but they wont let me reg for purp group hmmm...

Running Blue group means that I wont be able to run with you guys correct?

Trying to register but they wont let me reg for purp group hmmm...

Running Blue group means that I wont be able to run with you guys correct?
I'll take note that you are not a beginner. You didn't want to run in the beginner group, right?

There will only be 1 NSX Run group comprised of Advanced and Intermediate drivers. Beginners will run with other cars in the designated Beginner group.

- - - Updated - - -

some questions..

1. is this a rain or shine event?

2. Does your insurance cover these type of events??? Is it "instructional"?

3. Do they have rental helmets?

I've done autocross but never a track event...so I'm a noob, but looking to lay down fastest lap time by days end:tongue:
Adding to Willem's response...

You can rent helmets when you register. Price is $30.

I'll take note that you are not a beginner. You didn't want to run in the beginner group, right?

There will only be 1 NSX Run group comprised of Advanced and Intermediate drivers. Beginners will run with other cars in the designated Beginner group.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding to Willem's response...

You can rent helmets when you register. Price is $30.

Oh, I thought this was nsx only event? So first timers have to run with other cars??? That kinda sucks....

Oh, I thought this was nsx only event? So first timers have to run with other cars??? That kinda sucks....
Can't have your cake and eat it too :)

There are severals reason why we're running it this way. Much of which have been mentioned on this thread. The cost would have been astronomical for one thing...

No worries if you decide this event is not for you. We are pretty close to an optimal headcount anyway. Though, having been to track events and being a part of the NSX community for several years (like yourself).. these opportunities are far and few between.

Last edited:

Honestly I don't think it should be a deterrent. Being in the beginner group will allow the beginners to safely be introduced to what a track event is like, while being supervised by instructors. There's such a wide variety of skill levels in this group that having dedicated groups would be difficult to fill each group, which would mean the event would be extremely expensive because of the overall low volume of cars we'd be running. Besides, a part of the fun is just being at the track with your friends and hanging out between sessions.

Honestly I don't think it should be a deterrent. Being in the beginner group will allow the beginners to safely be introduced to what a track event is like, while being supervised by instructors. There's such a wide variety of skill levels in this group that having dedicated groups would be difficult to fill each group, which would mean the event would be extremely expensive because of the overall low volume of cars we'd be running. Besides, a part of the fun is just being at the track with your friends and hanging out between sessions.

Yeah, I just worry about people racing their civics and daily beaters not really worried about wrecking them trying to impress the NSX:redface: thought it was going to be NsX only like the title read... So it looks like Sunday might be a better day for beginner group since look like less cars out there....still want to go.

Well said. It's a challenge to appropriately categorize everyone's skill level. Its hard enough getting all the stars to align and put on a track event safely and affordably. I'm really looking forward to it.
Yeah, I just worry about people racing their civics and daily beaters not really worried about wrecking them trying to impress the NSX:redface: thought it was going to be NsX only like the title read... So it looks like Sunday might be a better day for beginner group since look like less cars out there....still want to go.
That concern will always be there anytime you don't have the track to yourself. SV runs a very good beginners group. Its well organized unlike others I've seen

While I can't promise this... After your first couple of sessions we can always lobby to put you into the NSX group if you're more comfortable. Not my call on that but I've seen people get moved around often.

Well said. It's a challenge to appropriately categorize everyone's skill level. Its hard enough getting all the stars to align and put on a track event safely and affordably. I'm really looking forward to it.

That concern will always be there anytime you don't have the track to yourself. SV runs a very good beginners group. Its well organized unlike others I've seen

While I can't promise this... After your first couple of sessions we can always lobby to put you into the NSX group if you're more comfortable. Not my call on that but I've seen people get moved around often.

Cool... Thanks I'm going to pm you my contact number cuz I have some other questions you sound like you can answer for me..

Thats not going to happen. The beginner group will have an instructor assigned to them and will not be allowed on track without one. The beginner group is to learn how to drive on track, it's a long way from racing on track.

Just so I know before I sign up, this "NSX only" track event is Saturday only (according to the first post) and Sunday is kind of a free for all if we decide to stay?

I just registered. 22 is my number. I'm prepared to have everyone pass me

Last edited:
Back