• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX or Ferrari fiasco...

JAM

Contributing Member
I just wanted to share a quick story from my travels tonight since I think it is kinda funny. My girlfriend and I went out for ice-cream and were driving home in the NSX on a main stretch of highway at about 110 this eve with no traffic in sight and a quiet Valentine. As I rounded a slight bend I could see flashing lights ahead in the other lane and an officer was walking up to a stopped Jeep so I slowed way down... (50 zone) but still had some speed when passing him. He looked directly at me and started jogging back to his car, and as I went by I got a little ways down the road and got back on it. I made the exit toward my house and flew the mile or so home. After having the car safe in the garage that is unattached from the house we walked up to go in and heard a cop scream by the house with lights on ... we went in thinking all safe. About 3-4 minutes later the dreaded knock at the door. My g/f answered and he asked if we owned a "black Ferrari," she said no. He asked if there was a "black Ferrari" in the garage, she said no ... he persisted with the "Ferrari" and commented about the Red Lamborghini Jalpa in the driveway. She said "that is a Red Lamborghini, not a black Ferrari." He ended up leaving after a few more minutes and drove up and down the street with his spotlight shining in peoples driveways.

~Downer is I will have to lay low because I am afraid I will get stopped and questioned if I am seen out in the area anytime soon.
~Up side is it is sometimes very nice to have the NSX confused with a Ferrari !;)

The biggest downside is: regardless if you were doing something really outrageous or not as you passed him, you have now attracted the attention of a very obsessive cop without a lot to do. I take it this isn't LAPD. Legally you're free and clear but if this guy figures it out, you could be in for a lot of harrassment. I know a lot of obsessive cops. I'd play it safe for a long while.

that's almost as bad as when I had my NSX and got stopped for no reason and the cop still gave me a ticket for some lame excuse that I passed a stop sing at 30 mph when that street that stop sing is in has a DIP that would have broken my car in 2 if I did pas it at that speed. Well when he walked up to the car he was asking me what kind of car was is when he clearly looked at the license plat and it says ACURA on top or it.. then he want back to the car and came back out and ask me what kind of Acura is it as he looked at the NSX logo in the door.. I was Like its a ACURA NSX .. were are the cops when you need them like when they stole my NSX..

Brian2by2 said:
Well, thats not nearly as bad as the time I got a parking ticket at my local college campus that read:

Plate #: XXX-XXX
Make: Acura
Model: Corvet (spelt like that!)

That boggled my mind...

none-the-less the ticket didn't hold because the officer messed up the ticket...

Wow, your tag says 'XXX-XXX'. That is pretty cool.
J/k, I know what you are talking about.;)

92NSX said:
That is a funny little story.
BTW, I didn't know that made the Jalpa that late into the 80's. Those are very rare indeed. :D

Yep...They are very rare. I think they made 410 (as correctly stated below) in total. Here's a pristine example of a 1986 Jalpa.

LamboNSX-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Doc, errr Rob, you're very bad at posting pictures~! lol

Hey, I was up in WPB today at Breakers West in a Tournament...didn't have the X but I saw a red one...thought maybe it was you?? It was around 2:30pm off Okeechobee (i think??)

Anyways, I'm gonna head up there sometime this week hopefully, so I'll drop you a line a day in advance!

Oh ya, S2k meet tomorrow night...its always a good time :) take a trip down and meet up with me and armando!

I know, I'm pathetic! 50% of the time I get the picture thing right. :mad:

Maybe I'll head down on Tues night and hang out. I'll see what my Wednesday schedule looks like, but if I'm busy I'll have to pass.

Still haven't taken the X back out since my run in with "the law" the other night ... but that's OK because the weather in our area has been bad anyhow. FYI, the production #'s for the Jalpa were 410 in total, I bought mine only because it was a great deal on a nice looking Italian car, and I had always liked the looks of the Silhouette and the Jalpa was an evolution of that design. The car is slow, and leaks oil no matter how many times I replace seals ... now that I think about it all it really does for me now that I have the NSX is makes that car look all the better...;)

Oh, when the weather breaks I will get some pics of that too... if I can just remember how to post them!

Back