• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX or GT3 or C6 Z06

Okay I sold my nsx about 3 years ago and bought a evo. I know I know but it's a fun car but modding is getting old. I am 30 now and want something a little nicer inside. I was looking at a 2002 or Newer NSX, A new C6Z06 or a GT3 P car. I would like to be able to drive the car all the time but if I have to get a auto or something it's no prob. I will be doing track days with the car and I do not want to put 10-20k in mods into the car like I have done my past 3-4 cars. Also if you can think of anything else that may work post it. I am looking to do this in about 6 months to a year once I find something I really do like. P.s. I am single and have 0 kids.

1) GT3
2) NSX 2002+
3) Evo MR
4) M3
5) Z06

I was thinking GT3 as well. I was looking at the turbo but it's kinda a pig and I dont want the mess that goes along with the turbo's. Thanks guys

wait for the next M3. That would be very nice. From your list, I'd take the Z06. Has the performance, looks, mpg and everything without feeling guilty driving it.:biggrin: :biggrin:

If you are tracking the car frequently and you want to actually drive it all the time I would lean away from the Porsche or the Z06.

The NSX is going to hold up better than any of those cars on the track over the long term.

That's of course if reliability is an issue which you did address...if it's not then buy a Z06 and you'll have a beast.

Sounds like you have some options...have fun! :biggrin:

G

Last edited:
I love the NSX too but the 20k for the blower and the rest of the crap it needs is a turnoff for sure. I think the GT3 maybe the car for me, just throw a set of wheels on it and you are ready for the track. I am going to drive both in the next few week the Z06 and GT3 then I will got from there.

The new GT3 is sweet, but I am guessing out of the pricerange.

WHy buy a 2002 NSX when the 97 is basically the same ride. Buy that for 45K and add the autorotor CTSC and call it a day. Of course, we have yet to see how it will perform on the track.

The Z06 is a bad ass car also. I have yet to try one, but I want to!

The only car I could see myself as happy in as I am in my NSX is a GT3.

Id love to try a C6Z06, but it is a stretch owning one.

The new M3 is probably going to be more piggish; not that it wont be fast, but you can make a heavy car fast just by putting in an engine. Making it feel light is something entirely different.

I went with my NSX with a bunch of mods to get GT3ish performance, in a less expensive option (same year). But I adore those GT3.

If I could do it again, the only thing that would keep me away from the GT3 is that theyre expensive as hell to mod.

IMO i would need to drive the new GT3 and live with it to compare it to my NSX, before i would think about trading for it. But dam-it.......it looks sick>

porschegt307_01.jpg

porschegt307_03.jpg

porschegt307_021600.jpg

porschegt307_inter.jpg

Oh, yeah i almost for-got this was about thread was about the zo6 as well.
I like American mussel. IMO the new zo6 is a really nice car. But IMO chevy has come a long way, and are almost caught up in the car world but
they are still behind the GT3.

GT3 no question. Out of the box a track car. A few people that got the C6 z06 sold then shortly after. Great power but the insides like any GM

Id pick the GT3, as long as it was sitting next to my NSX:biggrin:

I'd be willing to bet a 97+ NSX, even supercharged, will be as durable or moreso than any other car in your list. The GT3 is nothing short of engineering beauty, but it is very expensive to maintain and things like tires, oil changes, brake work, etc., adds up quickly. You will also have major depreciation to take into consideration.

I'm not sure how many people realistically consider a near top of the line porsche and a corvette for the same tasks.

Is this going to be your DD and is this your only car? If it is then a 911 carrera S would be a pretty good choice. It has plenty of track capabilities and has PCM. Its only a bit slower than the 996 GT3. The C6 Z06 has VSC, therefore it would be relatively safe as a DD.

How many track events do you plan to do. The more track events you are planning the more I would say GT3.

If track perferformance is more important than street, then Z06. It will beat all those other cars and still get you home. I'm facing the same decission in 2009. I just don't have the GT-3 on the list. It will come down to the 2002 NSX and Z06.

Back