• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX owners who have or do own Aston Martins

My wife really wants a DB7 (or DB9 if we can ever afford it). Anyone in here ever own either? What are your thoughts? I'm mostly interested in reliability, cost of repairs etc? Thanks!

An Aston Martin would be more reliable and easier to service.

And when you go to trade it in, you'll also experience better resale value with the Aston. :tongue:

An Aston Martin will never be as expensive to own as a Jewish wife. :wink:

that's already my problem to begin with. shiksas are cheap to maintain, not my kosher gal though.

Wow.

Lot of helpful replies.:rolleyes:

I too wonder about the reliability of the Aston Martin...

But have my doubts...And the distance I would have to travel in order to get service, deters me.

i wouldn't mind having the db8. i surmise that its' reliability would be satisfactory since it shares the powertrain with the new jag, i believe.

Wow.

Lot of helpful replies.:rolleyes:

I too wonder about the reliability of the Aston Martin...

But have my doubts...And the distance I would have to travel in order to get service, deters me.

yeah, I'm a little surprised that with as many lambo and ferrari owners here that no one has been able to chime in with much about astons.

Shaken, and not really stirred...

If maint'/service costs are a notable concern, a late-model Aston Martin isn't the vehicle for you.

Anyways w/ that said, go w/ an '08+ V8 Vantage & call it a day. Yes, '06-'07 are more inexpensive as well as initial nosebleed depreciation more-or-less done w/, but they have some quirks/gremlins which have been sorted out w/ the '08+. The '08+ is also notably improved in other aspects. Prices & selection should be rather attractive for these, w/ many 2 & 3 year leases ending as of late.

Remember, even if a pre-owned DB9 is ~$80k'ish now or pre-owned DB7 is ~$40k'ish now, the former is still a formerly ~$160k+ car warranting the attention (maint'/service) of such a price strata; likewise for the latter, a formerly ~$120k+ car demanding the due diligence of such a price-point. And neither has any semblance of appreciable reliability/dependability (relatively speaking, but of-course).

And this breaks my heart, as the DB9 has been one of my "IT" cars for many, many years. But, common-sense & conventional wisdom both point to the V8 Vantage (for most individuals of respectable means/expectations) - and the '08+ V8 Vantage even more-so.

So, my best advice would be look into a well-sorted '08+ V8 Vantage, perhaps one w/ an extended warranty, obviously along w/ near bottomed-out depreciation (based on '06-'07 models, you can actually accurately predict how much & for how long it'll drop in value before it levels off!).

G'luck, these are all uber-gorgeous rides! :cool:
i wouldn't mind having the db8. i surmise that its' reliability would be satisfactory since it shares the powertrain with the new jag, i believe.
You mean the latest/current Aston Martin V8 Vantage? If so, that makes two of us!

The '06-'07 4.3L was loosely based on the Jaguar AJ-V8 architecture, but it has dry-sump lube' & unique cylinder block and heads, crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, camshafts, inlet and exhaust manifolds, lubrication system, and engine management. Also, it's hand-assembled (in Germany, alongside the delish' V12's). The '08+ models got a 4.7L which is quite robust, to say the leasts. . .

Last edited:
thats the one, db8 v8 vantage. i saw one in person the other day and it left a VERY positive impression on me- nice and tidy, great interior. when i wear out the nsx (it will be a while) i'll seriously consider one.

I have Aston calipers on my car if that counts?

I don't think I would buy one unless I had a lot of extra money laying around. The depreciate amazingly fast and require large amounts of expensive maintenance.

Back