• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX parked next to a ________ thread for size comparos

I like the way the GTR looks and it's performance is really amazing (world class). The deal breaker for me is no manual transmission. I know that the dual clutch autos are faster shifting and "better" but part of the driving experience for me is rowing through the gears myself. 20-30 years from now there will be very few mechanics that even know how to work on a clutch.

I like the way the GTR looks and it's performance is really amazing (world class). The deal breaker for me is no manual transmission. I know that the dual clutch autos are faster shifting and "better" but part of the driving experience for me is rowing through the gears myself. 20-30 years from now there will be very few mechanics that even know how to work on a clutch.

I agree. This is why Porsche still sell well. I wish the manufacturers of paddles shift transmissions, make it difficult to drive instead of like a video game. Why don't manufacturers come out with paddle shifters that can actually screw up the transmission if you fail to upshift and downshift properly.

I agree. This is why Porsche still sell well. I wish the manufacturers of paddles shift transmissions, make it difficult to drive instead of like a video game. Why don't manufacturers come out with paddle shifters that can actually screw up the transmission if you fail to upshift and downshift properly.

Lol wtf?

I just think Flapping paddles in general need to go away Lol. I see the appeal. We're in an era of where it's all about convenience.. The more the better... Hence the PDK style transmissions. Man even dating is made easier now. No need to work a broad at the bar.. Just sign up for Tinder and let the app set you up lolol

Last edited:
@PUREVIL - I take it you like black , haha.

Wow the NSX looks so small in comparison!

My personal favorites are the GTR NSX comparisons. The GTR looks so gigantic next to an NSX.

I also like the photos of the white NSX with the Asian guy standing next to the car while inside the car is a woman sleeping under a blanket. Seems just like my wife.

Are you talking about my car, my wife rarely attends car meets with me anymore since she is in her residency program but yea she prefers to sleep over standing around looking at cars that's for sure! :)

GTR is a nice car but did you guys see the 2016 facelifted rendering photos? Now that is how the GTR should look for a modern sports car. (note I did not say super car...haha ~ big heated debate on the R8 forum over this topic right now)

I don't care how fast a car is but if I can't row the gears it will most likely not sit in my garage. Only exception would be the F458, Ferrari can get away with it but not a Nissan sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

i think its the way our cars are proportioned and how our cars always gets compared to exotics which are really really wide cars.

Even a RX7 looks wider than ours, and that car is tiny!!! Our cars are really flat sided and the shoulds are not broad from the front so it looks narrower than it really is. There are no fender flares on our cars at all. Here are some real world numbers in width for cars that may look much "wider" than a nsx but is not.

NSX width = 71.3 inches

S2000 width = 68.9 inches

RX 7 FD width = 68.9 inches

EVO 7-9 width = 69.7 inches

STi width = 68.5 inches

E46 M3 width = 70.1 inches

E92 M2 width = 71.2 inches

Supra TT width = 71.3 inches ( everyone calls this car fat looking )

so as you can see, our cars are pretty wide compared to our peers. its only when you start going into lambos and ferraris that we start to get dwarfed but those cars are as wide as trucks

lambo murcielago lp640 width 81 inches :eek:

lambo gallardo width 74.8 inches

for reference sakes

First Gen chevy envoy width 71.4 inches ( as wide as our NSX )

2nd gen MR2 turbo width 66.9 inches ( wow much narrower than i thought, we have over 5 inches on this car )

First I can't believe this thread is 4 years old and I saw that picture of my wife sleeping in the first page, OMG! haha

Since we are now in 2014, does anyone have the width specs for:

C7 Corvette

2014 v10 R8 or R8 plus

Just picked up the latter ride so curious how it will stack up in the looks department :)

1555377_10152231868911518_530018039_n.jpg

Another picture of a (my)NSX parked next to Godzilla.

Since we are now in 2014, does anyone have the width specs for:

C7 Corvette

2014 v10 R8 or R8 plus

Just picked up the latter ride so curious how it will stack up in the looks department :)

So you picked up a plus, did you get stick or paddle? I spoke to a gentlemen a C&C last week who went from a spyder to a plus and loves it.

C7 Corvette = 73.9"
C7 Z06 = 77.4"
R8 v10 = 75"
R8 V8 = 76"

I have been thinking a bit about this topic recently and I believe the height to width ratio is the key. That ratio gives a car a striking sporty look versus a normal sedan. For example the Supra is the same width as the NSX but it is 3.5" taller which makes the proportions less dramatic.

Viper Gen1-4 = 75.7"
Viper Gen 5 = 76.4"
Murci = 80.5"
Veyron = 78.7"

Looks like someone couldn't wait to take the car out this year Lol. Looking good brah

Haha kinda sorta. The shop had an opening in their schedule, so I pulled her out of storage to get some TLC. This way I don't have to have any down time this summer!

Haha kinda sorta. The shop had an opening in their schedule, so I pulled her out of storage to get some TLC. This way I don't have to have any down time this summer!

Way I would do it.

1977049_10202442512276491_883065125_n.jpg

Yet another impatient owner Lol. This winter has all of us in the north east yearning for better weather

Yes sir! It was 60 degrees here yesterday! Heat wave!

Last edited:
So 44 pages after I started this thread, I think I have some cool pictures to share. Parking the R8 and NSX next to each other, the width dimensions REALLY REALLY show now. My dad (who is not a car person) just casually mentioned wow, that Audi has a fat butt!

When you look at the front views, it's noticeable but the look is like a ballerina to a bull however when look at the rear of the R8, it just destroys the NSX in terms of the "toughness" factor. I think only the GTR has an aggressive rear to compare to the R8 though the lines on the R8 are much more refined and speak exotic while the GTR speaks Supra level IMO.

Will have some pics shortly but this is something I realized that in person the width is much more dramatic than any specifications or numbers!

R8 v10 = 75"

NSX = 71.3"

So we are talking a mere difference of 3.7" but in person it feels more like 5-7" !!!

Last edited:
Back