• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R NA2 Wheels vs Rays ZE40 with Big Brake Kit & OEM brake caliper

I purchased a 1994 Brooklands Green NSX about 6 months ago and want to replace the non OEM wheels that came with it. I know it has a big brake kit but it still has the OEM brake caliper so I wanted to know if either NA2 NSX-R wheels or Rays ZE 40's would fit with or without spacers. This type of question has probably been asked many times. Thanks for your help

I purchased a 1994 Brooklands Green NSX about 6 months ago and want to replace the non OEM wheels that came with it. I know it has a big brake kit but it still has the OEM brake caliper so I wanted to know if either NA2 NSX-R wheels or Rays ZE 40's would fit with or without spacers. This type of question has probably been asked many times. Thanks for your help
Do you know what Big Brake Kit you have and what the diameter of the rotors are? This is kind of important.

2002+/NSX-R will need spacers. ZE40's will depend on the offset you get.

The 2002+/NSX-R wheels will not need spacers if you have the Racing Brake +1 (NA2 sizes or 298mm front/300mm rear) or +2 (324mm F/330mm R) larger rotor kit, using the OEM Calipers. That's why it's important for us to know which BBK you're talking about.
Secondly, the ZE40s will depend more on the "Face" design you pick, rather than the offset. Face 0, Face 1, Face 2, and Face 3 give you the best clearance for larger calipers. The lower the Face number, the greater the clearance.
ZE40-17.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I don't know which BBK it is since it was done in 1999 with a bunch of work by Comptech. I will have my mechanic take a look and see what size he thinks it is.

If you're running oem calipers.. you wont have to worry about caliper clearance. The size of your rotor would help to determine the wheel diameter. I run 17/18 ze40s on my car with Brembo GT 4pot BBK (probably sticks out a little further than the stoptech kit) on a 328mm rotor and I can assure you that the minimum size you'll need to run to clear this set up in the front is 17x8+38 (this goes for most of the Volk Wheels) - my set up is 17x9 +40 and 18x10.5 +24 and i have no clearance issues at all.

Back