• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R style / vented hood dimensions?

This is a pretty odd request, but does anyone have an aftermarket hood laying around and can possibly take the dimensions for me?

I want to purchase a hood from Japan, but the shipper wants to see if its possible to send it through EMS.

Went out to my garage today and took these specs from my stock hood:

41" x 57" x 4" - sounds about right?

Not sure how deep the vented NSX-R style hoods are? If someone can take some measurements for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks first :smile:

Or if someone can measure their Taitec vented hoods, that would also help greatly. Just need to know how deep it goes.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a Downforce hood and it is about 6.5" at the deepest point. About the same dimensions as the Taitec NSX-R hood. You can not use a spare tire with this hood.

Hope this helps.

I have a Downforce hood and it is about 6.5" at the deepest point. About the same dimensions as the Taitec NSX-R hood. You can not use a spare tire with this hood.

Hope this helps.

Chris,

That helps a lot. Now, I can have a better estimate on my shipping costs. Thanks.

Back