• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX rear view mirror upgrade

While I wait for parts on my other project I figure I’ll do a quick write up on this rear view mirror with lane assist warning.

The image is pretty good and it’s not logging.
916b25938fbd22b3557793aa68d4aa2a.plist
75849542d06f23ccbd907d6187d5429a.plist
60e2b402d863fefb98ab11450f8af893.plist
2e39e086750523643cdefdfb44034aab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Very nice! I like the way that you were able to re-use the OEM windshield mount. Very clever, indeed. Are you able to lower the sun visors without knocking the mirror cockeyed? I did a similar mod in my Prelude and it's been great for over 10 years now but when someone new gets in the car, they almost always yank the visor down and hit the mirror. As Popeye says "Women - ya cant's lives with 'em and you cants live without em'. :smile:

Nice! I need something like that for my NSX.

Very nice! I like the way that you were able to re-use the OEM windshield mount. Very clever, indeed. Are you able to lower the sun visors without knocking the mirror cockeyed? I did a similar mod in my Prelude and it's been great for over 10 years now but when someone new gets in the car, they almost always yank the visor down and hit the mirror. As Popeye says "Women - ya cant's lives with 'em and you cants live without em'. :smile:

It clears both left and right sun visors but not the middle. I try to keep the mirror as high as possible to still see over the rear wing.

Nice work! Any more info on your rear camera?

I wanted to keep the rear camera as high as possible and was going to install it on the rear hatch glass but running a cable to hatch was a pain, optionally I could drill a hole up top but it was easier to keep it inside. If I have spare time I might still move it to rear hatch glass.

be84ae1ac6b3425505ba918bd1a937a6.jpg

Here is a link to the rear view mirror that I got. VVCAR 12"
There are better units that run full android OS but I'm little skeptical what one does actually get in the box. After 2 rear view mirrors that I got were almost bait and switch I just settle on this one. Some companies will display all flashy features but when you get it in the box is not as advertised.

Last edited:
I'm about to start embarking on the same thing but hoping to use off the shelf mouting parts rather than CNC-ing my own. Would you be able to tell me how you got the OEM mirror off the ball?

Appreciate the reply, thank you! Silly question but it looks like I need to pry off the mirror from the case with a screwdriver to get to this, is that correct?

Back