• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Refresh Program proof.? NSX on BaT has a customer stating the car went through the entire refresh, including engine rebuild. Proof anywhere

NSX on BaT has a customer stating the car went through the entire refresh, including engine rebuild. He does not have any paperwork. Seems like the kind of thing Honda would also keep paperwork on. Google not finding it any ideas appreciated.

There are several stages of Refresh programs at Honda...in general they are:
- Interior refresh
- Exterior refresh (re painting)
- Mechanical refresh (suspension and brakes etc)
- Engine refresh (drivetrain)
- Complete refresh will cover all of the above
These programs were not cheap, based on the pricing that was provided back in 2010, I'm sure they must have increased a lot since then.
I did see the refresh plaque on the NSX that is on BAT, however, there need to be some type of documentation what refresh program the NSX was undertaken.

Bram

- Interior refresh
These programs were not cheap, based on the pricing that was provided back in 2010, I'm sure they must have increased a lot since then.
I did see the refresh plaque on the NSX that is on BAT, however, there need to be some type of documentation what refresh program the NSX was undertaken.

Bram
Prices in 2020:
Quote:
"According to a preliminary chart shown in the presentation, a brake system refresh with new calipers, rotors, master cylinder, booster, and hoses will cost a $4,500 to $5,400. A complete engine overhaul down to the block will cost anywhere from $22,900 to $23,600. And having the entire exterior disassembled into a body-in-white and repainted will run $36,000 to $38,000. For more, see the presentation video ..."

That
Prices in 2020:
Quote:
"According to a preliminary chart shown in the presentation, a brake system refresh with new calipers, rotors, master cylinder, booster, and hoses will cost a $4,500 to $5,400. A complete engine overhaul down to the block will cost anywhere from $22,900 to $23,600. And having the entire exterior disassembled into a body-in-white and repainted will run $36,000 to $38,000. For more, see the presentation video ..."
Thank you, i see the badge on the car and this huge price difference is why I thought, perhaps, Honda, would register what they did exactly, perhaps by the badge number? Thank you both for the info.

- Interior refresh

Bram
Like this?

Attachments

• 1713582986363.jpg
    1713582986363.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 75
As stated If I payed 20+k for a factory refresh I would have receipts/pics/scratch-n-sniffs ect..

As stated If I payed 20+k for a factory refresh I would have receipts/pics/scratch-n-sniffs ect..
and if true, I'm sure that Honda/Acura would have the records available to the original purchaser of such a refresh

All refresh plan NSXs have history at the refresh plants. From my understanding, they do not provide you the paperwork when you pick up the car.

Just send them an inquiry with that plate # and they will provide you the information necessary. They have the records there.

They all get the tag Marc showed. It's riveted in place. No tag, no refresh.

Last edited:
Can someone share the BaT link for this vehicle? Curious how good the car looks after the refresh and if they shared a photo of the badge. Thanks.

Can someone share the BaT link for this vehicle? Curious how good the car looks after the refresh and if they shared a photo of the badge. Thanks.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-nsx-13/ sorry, it is under Honda.

Ohhhh 2003 refresh....never mind....I had an asimo refresh back then too...:p

It's got the tag. It's legit.

Edit- it went through the refresh in 2003. That was 21 years ago, so not sure how much it is worth today...
haha...I have to remind myself that early 2000 was a long time ago.

Good question on the worth. Some official refresh is better than none, but I wish they stated what "refresh package" the original owner picked. (I didn't read the comments, only the BaT description). From the article, it looks like it can be as simple as an engine deep clean all the way to engine rebuilt or full strip for new paint. Therefore, I think the value would depend on what exactly was refreshed; then take in consideration its age.

Anyways, it's a neat example and I'm curious how well it sells.

It's a refresh from 2003.... 21 years ago... Why is everyone questioning about the refresh plan?

It has the plaque. Go ask the NSX refresh plant for the records.

It's 21 years ago (2003 June). It needs service again anyway... About time for another refresh and you'll get a new plaque.

This car was most likely bought second hand then imported into Hawaii by military-hence why the current owner probably doesn't have records. (Didn't read the description). Nothing is out of the ordinary.

I'm one of those pressing for details on the BaT auction not because I think a refresh done in 2003 is that important but to stop the current owner from claiming that it is. They started out with big claims but have now come to acknowledge that it it might just have been an expensive car wash.
I heard of one person that did the refresh plan on their 02R waited 3 years for pretty much what would have been a standard maintenance job. Car looks great though.

Attachments

• IMG-20240104-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240104-WA0001.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 27
I also pressed the seller for paperwork but unfortunately the car comes with absolutely nothing which is a real shame. Having said that, a bit of time, research and money and it would be very possible to obtain the refresh docs from Honda Japan, most of the JDM books/owners manuals, CarVX and Japanese History (there are services available in Japan which do this for you).

Back