• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx rental

This reminds me of back in 1997 when I was in college and worked part time at an Acura dealership. I came in to work and saw an 8 month old NSX-T on the lift and a bunch of techs staring in amazement at a pile of dust and small bits of metal. I asked, 'So, what is that stuff,' and they said, 'The remains of an NSX clutch'. Evidently the kid took his Dad's virtually new NSX-T to prom and thought he was Johnny Bada$$ and engaged in a highway race with another guy and downshifted at 120 mph from 6th gear to 2nd gear, and blew the clutch to pieces. Luckily he didn't blow the motor.

I remember letting my girlfriend at the time's cousin take my '91 NSX to prom and the idiot spun a bearing in my engine and cost me over $12,000 to fix. So even a $1,000 per night rental is not worth the damage they can cause.

This reminds me of back in 1997 when I was in college and worked part time at an Acura dealership. I came in to work and saw an 8 month old NSX-T on the lift and a bunch of techs staring in amazement at a pile of dust and small bits of metal. I asked, 'So, what is that stuff,' and they said, 'The remains of an NSX clutch'. Evidently the kid took his Dad's virtually new NSX-T to prom and thought he was Johnny Bada$$ and engaged in a highway race with another guy and downshifted at 120 mph from 6th gear to 2nd gear, and blew the clutch to pieces. Luckily he didn't blow the motor.

I remember letting my girlfriend at the time's cousin take my '91 NSX to prom and the idiot spun a bearing in my engine and cost me over $12,000 to fix. So even a $1,000 per night rental is not worth the damage they can cause.

:frown::frown:

It's completely understandable for just about everyone to say no. But like I said before the worst answer I could get is a no. On the plus side I do like to hear and read the stories you NSX owners have. It's like getting a history lesson.

Even if you could get your Dad to rent an NSX and then secretly let you take it, the last time I rented one, it was like $300+ per day. (my insurance company rented me an NSX for a week when my 308 Ferrari was in the shop back in 2002...).

Post a pic of your prom date, then you may get a better response. A least some NSX owner may offer to give her a "ride" to the prom. You may still need to find a ride.:frown:

LOL^^^^

literally LMAO

Post a pic of your prom date, then you may get a better response. A least some NSX owner may offer to give her a "ride" to the prom. You may still need to find a ride.:frown:

That's just wrong on so many different levels.....but I guess it would be a good way to figure out exactly who not to chat with around here.

chris_hansen.gif

Back