• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx Replacement Designers Are Stuck

Some of you guys have to write directly to honda and includes photoshop pictures / help to them, because here is good pictures & photoshop pic. about what should look a like future nsx :smile: .
If they are missing as it seems, help Acura/Honda to provode to us new NSX :smile:

:wink:

-pegi-

Hey! A Finnish NSXer! I have lots of love for Finland.

And while the NSX designers are...um.....stuck....the guys at Ferrari seem to be coming up with fresh new concepts like this:
2008-Ferrari-F250_Concept.jpg

Seriously....come on guys!

This is beautiful.

BTW the mclaren has copied NSX in their latest car.

Unless you have the British Civic Type R hatchback which sucks from what I hear.

We get the euro type-R (FN2) which is the britisch Type-R with a few options extra (build in the UK)
Its not as bad as people say it is, its just not as much fun as my old EP3 for pure driving pleasure (previous euro/JDM type-R).
Options are great, to many, but i didnt buy it for the options alone.

Anyway, lets not get OT. ;)

Check out this angle!@!@!@!@

WTF?! Honda is stuck? Are you KIDDING ME?!@

2008-Ferrari-F250-Concept-Design-by-Idries-Omar-Front-1280x960.jpg

WTF HONDA!!! :eek: Word is Ferrari is going to put a V6 in this? AHAHA...this is like a really bad joke/nightmare.

Interesting thought:

What if Honda/Acura focused their efforts on creating some new, interesting vehicles in the normal market, before worrying about a halo car? I mean seriously, when the NSX came out, Honda & Acura had all the momentum in the world. Prelude. Integra. Accord (cool then). CRX. Legend.

I honestly think any kind of halo car, whether we (as 1% of the population) like it or not, will fail miserably since the rest of the Honda lineup is so boring. Why bother? I think a halo car strategy only works when the real cars are remotely interesting to the enthusiasts that even know about that halo car.

I wonder how that Ferrari would sound with a high revving V6 using whatever V degree they use in their engines.

Check out this angle!@!@!@!@

2008-Ferrari-F250-Concept-Design-by-Idries-Omar-Front-1280x960.jpg

Yeah, I was afraid to post that pic for fear everyone here would really go ballistic!:biggrin: Regardless, what a beautiful car from any angle!

That Ferrari nose almost looks like a wider S2k, well the nose anyways.

Last edited:
I've stopped caring (as much as before) regarding the "NSX replacement" or "Next Gen NSX". Unless it is priced under $50k, I can't afford it.

I've become content with the hope that, in a few years down the line, I will be able to purchase a nice black 02+ NSX. Sure the GTR, and whatever $30k fast four-door box that will be out then, will drive circles around the NSX, still. There are plenty of cars that will drive circles around my faithful '91. It doesn't make me smile any less when I open the garage door and see a black beauty sitting there waiting for me. erm....and waiting for a good detailing that I just can't find the time for *sigh*:rolleyes:

I couldn't afford one, but I care. hell I am still working on my first NSX.

Interesting thought:

What if Honda/Acura focused their efforts on creating some new, interesting vehicles in the normal market, before worrying about a halo car? I mean seriously, when the NSX came out, Honda & Acura had all the momentum in the world. Prelude. Integra. Accord (cool then). CRX. Legend.

I honestly think any kind of halo car, whether we (as 1% of the population) like it or not, will fail miserably since the rest of the Honda lineup is so boring. Why bother? I think a halo car strategy only works when the real cars are remotely interesting to the enthusiasts that even know about that halo car.

do you have honda confused with toyota? :wink:
i don't think the lineup is so bad..... almost every car you listed on there is still produced by honda, and looks better than ever (cept the accord :wink: )

Acura designers stuck on new look for NSX

.... “All of the designers are working together on the NSX, but they can’t agree on the styling,” Dick Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Designers know the final styling is critical if the NSX is expected to compete with the aforementioned rivals but arriving at something substantial is proving to be extremely difficult for the California-based design time, Colliver explained.....

Dick Colliver's statement highlights the problem. Apparently he is blind to it. Styling on a sports car or supercar is not to be done by a team of designers. The design is to be lead by one key designer who leads the entire design team. Pick the wrong key designer and the game is over. You cannot take the same design by committee approach you take with an Accord.

With the designers arguing it out, at the end you will get a compromised design and another mediocre public response.

Frustrating seeing Honda go thru another struggle like this. The original NSX design is great no doubt, but the inability to produce an inspiring and worthy successor is due to the lack of proper design talent and poor management leadership. We have already seen the designs the Califorina studio produced, and management is still having them design the NSX successor. Here a reminder of what the studio showcased a year ago.

acura_advanced_450_01.jpg

acura_advanced_450_02.jpg

Dick Colliver's statement highlights the problem. Apparently he is blind to it. Styling on a sports car or supercar is not to be done by a team of designers. The design is to be lead by one key designer who leads the entire design team. Pick the wrong key designer and the game is over. You cannot take the same design by committee approach you take with an Accord.

With the designers arguing it out, at the end you will get a compromised design and another mediocre public response.

Frustrating seeing Honda go thru another struggle like this. The original NSX design is great no doubt, but the inability to produce an inspiring and worthy successor is due to the lack of proper design talent and poor management leadership. We have already seen the designs the Califorina studio produced, and management is still having them design the NSX successor. Here a reminder of what the studio showcased a year ago.

acura_advanced_450_01.jpg

acura_advanced_450_02.jpg

that is not what they presented as the nsx successor. that is the Acura Advanced Sedan Concept.
this is what they presented (Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept):
2007_Acura-Advanced-Sports-Car-Concept_2.jpg

Acura_Advanced_Sports_Car_Concept_1_side.jpg

acura-advanced-sports-car-concept-gray.jpg

Acura_-_Advanced_Sports_Car_Concept_3.jpg

it looks big and bulky, but you'd have to see it in real life to make a good judgment. (just like you'd have to see the ass end of the HSC in person to really appreciate it... .and just like the nsx looks wayy better in person.)

I think the overall shape of it is pretty nice. they just need to work on the front and rear features. it seems rather generic.

btw, the roof comes up to about where my belly button is (similar to the current nsx). it's hard to get proportions from the pictures.

And while the NSX designers are...um.....stuck....the guys at Ferrari seem to be coming up with fresh new concepts like this:
2008-Ferrari-F250_Concept.jpg

Seriously....come on guys!

now thats beautiful design (beside the grill) a piece of art.

Anyone else see a resemblance with the AASCC and this;

Aston_Martin_DB-ONE_Concept_angle.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

That ferrari concept is pure sex!

that is not what they presented as the nsx successor. that is the Acura Advanced Sedan Concept.

Yup, I was just pointing out the fact that the Acura Advanced sedan concept (Batmobile) was designed by folks in the Califorina studio. The Batmobile concept was shown in LA auto show and then came the ASCC one month later in Detroit.

Actually looking at the picture back to back between the Batmobile and the ASCC, it looks like they both share the same platform and also have similar design features. Wouldn't be surprised if the design was lead by the same person. If Honda stays on this FR path, expect the next generation RL to share platform with the "NSX successor".

They can't agree on a design because they messed by choosing it to be a FR layout. It's not a NSX anymore. I don't see why they wanna go cheap with a FR even though it won't be cheap. The long hond look is not appealing. Leave it for the S2000. Honda's direction seem to be like a S2000 on steroids.

Yup, I was just pointing out the fact that the Acura Advanced sedan concept (Batmobile) was designed by folks in the Califorina studio. The Batmobile concept was shown in LA auto show and then came the ASCC one month later in Detroit.

Actually looking at the picture back to back between the Batmobile and the ASCC, it looks like they both share the same platform and also have similar design features. Wouldn't be surprised if the design was lead by the same person. If Honda stays on this FR path, expect the next generation RL to share platform with the "NSX successor".

oops, sorry; misunderstood :redface:
yeah, i'm not a huge fan of the sedan concept (the front absolutely murders that car).

Back