• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX/S2000 karting at Pats Acres - July 2nd, Sunday

Save July 2nd on your calendar! The NSX/S2000 karting endurance race has been confirmed!

2 years ago, the S2000 group got 40 people together and made a group trip just south of Portland to run an endurance race at Pats Acres. The race was a lot of fun and a lot of people wanted it to be an annual event. This time I wanted to include the NSX group from Seattle and Portland because a number of you have expressed an interest in doing something like this.

(Previous Pats Acres Thread: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188473&hl=\+pats+\+acres )

Current S2000 Pats Acres Thread: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=369712&st=0&#entry7227593

AerialMed.jpg

Details - July 2nd, Sunday - Pats Acres www.patsacres.com
Endurance Race from 11:00am - 1:00pm, all-you-can-eat lunch BBQ provided afterwards for $10 per person at Pats Acres.

Cost: $75 dollars per person for a team of 4. (cheaper than 2 years ago and you don't have to purchase a license!)
For those who want to practice the track before the race you can show up early and run a pre-session for $20.

Payment -
Now I will need to collect payment in advance so you can send a $75 check to me. (If you trust me :LOL: ) And I will confirm you on the attendance list. You can email me at [email protected], or call 425-235-2360 for an address or more information.

We are going to cap attendance at 40 participants. For now, I am going to allocate 20 spots for the S2000 club and 20 for the NSX club. I'll rearrange things depending on how much response I get from both clubs.

1) Ferrand (NSXDreamer2) - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
2) Gary (POLAR) - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
3) La'Akea S. - Kart 2
4) Ryan H. - Kart 2
5) Ken (L5-S1NSX)
6) Jackson (freelance201) - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
7) Mike Ruete
8) Jerry (Global Events Group) - Kart 1
9) Lon (Global Events Group) - Kart 1
10) Steve W
11) Joe Blatner
12)
13) Titaniumdave - REGISTERED
14) Dan (96GoldNSX) - Kart 3
15) John (Zahntech)
16) Paul Klas - REGISTERED

KART 1: Global Events Group
Jerry, Lon

KART 2: Team Siverts
Ananda, La'akea, Ryan H., Skunkwerk

KART 3: Team NSX
NSXDreamer2, Polar, Freelance, 96GoldNSX

KART 4: Team Ramrod
spapdx, 05duece, mucter, kpxguy

KART 5:

KART 6:

KART 7:

KART 8:

KART 9:

KART 10:

KART 11:

KART 12:

Last edited:
I am posting this information early because I need to get a deposit sent in before their deadline passes, and I want to give people advanced notice to plan for the July 4th week.

I will post more information on how we are going to formulate teams.

Last edited:
The last time we formed teams we selected team members one-by-one via team captains. This kind of evened the playing field so we didn't have one team of karting all-stars and it made sure everyone interacted with each other instead of groups just hanging out with just each other.

The only problem is that it took a more time to organize the teams and I want to streamline this process.

However, I am listening to ideas to maximize the fun factor and open to hearing any suggestions! I am in a conversation with someone about this right now and will post information ASAP.

in terms of leveling the play field, should I suggest we do some indoor karting in 2-3 different locations and sort of have a baseline idea of who's real fast and who's not as fast. I was very suprised that the S2k group were so fast last time we met at Sykart, given almost everybody had not driven in the new track layout. (I believed some S2k members are even SCCA class winners or something.)

Luckily we have titaniumdave representing the nsx gang.

What kind of kart are they? Is that going to be a big different than indoor karting??

Ferrand,

I may need your help spreading the word for this event. Do you have Florin's email address?

Not a bad idea for team building, though. Do you think this could be a way to select captians? Though, it may be kind of hard getting people together to identify the top qualifiers.

Count on Steve W from Seattle and Joe Blatner from Portland to attend.

Thanks!

To make this event a little more interesting and speed up the team selection process so we can just arrive and drive at Pats Acres, we are going to allow people organize teams in advance.

4 people to a team or less.

You don't have to organize a team, though. If you want you can organize a team from a pool at Pats Acres.

But we are going to have to limit the number of teams that are allowed to organize due to the limited number of karts. That means organizing a team is a first come first serve basis. Pleas let me know if you are organizing a team and your team name, plus the members you are including.

Lastly, please have your Pats Acres deposit to me by the end of April. Email me at [email protected] for an address.

Thanks!

Count me in, how many folks from Portland do you want to have? I can come up with 4 more I think...

What a great idea! Can we bring our own karts?

Dave

I'm asking Dave to be on our nsx team, as he was my instructor at PIR last year. :)

Yes!!!! bring your own kart, I always wanted to know how it felt on a real kart... If I wasn't mistaking, they have sessions for rental guys and then some for guys tracking their own kart...

NSXDreamer2 said:
I'm asking Dave to be on our nsx team, as he was my instructor at PIR last year. :)

Yes!!!! bring your own kart, I always wanted to know how it felt on a real kart... If I wasn't mistaking, they have sessions for rental guys and then some for guys tracking their own kart...

Pats will allow you to run your own kart during the open sessions. For the enduro race we'll be using their rental karts.

You'll probably want to contact Pats to see if they have any special considerations with bringing your own kart.

96GoldNSX said:
I am in, I would like to be in Team NSX with Ferrand and the crew....if they don't mind.
Dan

Since we haven't get the confirmation from Dave, you are welcome to join our team (FYI: none of us been on the real kart on the real track, even though we "seems" fast on those child play indoor course):tongue: Hence we ask Dave to be in our team.....

But if you want to join us, sure.

Just a reminder:

I would like to have all the payment collected for a downpayment. Please email me if you need an address to send a cheque.

[email protected]

If we can get this in before the end of April, we can get started with some more planning. In addition, this will streamline the check-in at Pats Acres considerably!

Thanks!

Hi

This is just a reminder for those who can send in payment by the end of this month! I am trying to collect $1000 for a deposit and I still do not have enough cheques to cover this amount.

After that we will have some more time to collect the other payments before the event.

:redface: Hey, did you get my PM about not being able to make this event? I'm totally bummed... I only have a small window of time for vacation this summer and I have to go back east and visit my family - which just ended up being this weekend. I sure hope to go next time!

Yes I did get your PM... and I tried responding but I got a busy server message each time I tried sending you a reply. Sorry you can't make it, but I understand how family takes priority.

I am actually going to be living in Oregon next year, so it will be a bit easier for me to organize another one of these. Hope you can make it next time.

Back