• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX/S2000 Meet and Comptech Tour

Would anyone be interested in doing a NSX/S2000 meet/Comptech tour? Nothing for sure yet. I'm just trying to gauge the interest.

Thanks

An annual pilgrimage is always welcomed .... we had one last year in August after a few years of hiatus .... However combining two car models with popular following will overwhelm the "personalized" tour .......

Last time Comptech put the word out to more than one model, they had 300 lined up to show .....
eek.gif

Make it NSX specific with some prior purchases for show and tell tech day ....... that's how last a year a few lucky ones got the Comptech sway bars installed ........
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So do I hear a group purchase for the headers ........ you get free shipping and perhaps a free install ......... LOLL!

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 15 October 2002).]

Sounds great. Can't say for sure if I can buy anything, but the tour sounds like fun. Even if there is no tour, a cruise would be fun for sure.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Ok...talked to Comptech yesterday regarding a tour of the facility and to order my cat bypass pipes(mmmuuuuuhahahahaha). The contact person for these types of events is out of town. I'll call next week and try to get a hold of him.

Hrant:
Can you suggest a good place to go to for lunch? Too bad you can't make AutoZotica this time around.

Jay

Hrant:
Can you suggest a good place to go to for lunch? Too bad you can't make AutoZotica this time around.

Jay[/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, keep luring Bob with such purchases and you never know, he may drop his guard and toss in a group purchase discount too .....
wink.gif

Several options regarding lunch depending on the hour.

1. We can have catered boxed lunches at Comptech .........

2. Take a nice short scenic drive to one of the possible hangouts around Eldorado/Shingle Springs in which the scenarios can be wide open based on how much time we have .......... or have lunch in Folsom before the tour? We have a few NSXers who live in that neighborhood so they can give good pointers.

As for AutoZotica, I have too many events going on and the drive is in the opposite direction so I would have to wake up at 3:00 am to make it ...... we actually have a local group called the Dawn Patrol who do this sort of thing
eek.gif
..... I like the scenic drives and this time the number of cars will make it more enjoyable, but I like my beauty sleep hours better ....
biggrin.gif

So Hrant asks me if I can recommend a place for lunch seeing as how I work next door to Comptech (at least next door to their manufacturing shop, I have to drive a 1/2 mile to their main facility, life's rough that way). I digress, back to the topic of FOOD. The most convenient would probably be a catered/delivered lunch. There is a deli in this business park that makes sandwiches & wraps (you know, sandwich like insides wrapped inside a flour tortilla like it's supposed to be a burrito or something). A new shopping center has just gone in by the freeway that has a Togo's. And then there are lots of restaurants in Folsom (which is just before you get to El Dorado Hills). Closest restaurants to the freeway are a Stuart Anderson's, Mimi's, & a Macaroni Grill. Further in town is way too many to list. Let me know, what your thoughts are (who ever may be trying to organize this), and I can help plan/organize/make reservations for lunch. Just let me know a date.

Fritz

I have an idea about lunch.....how about Boomtown? The drive would be fun and the food would be cheap. Just an idea. Oh, by the way, I am up to purchasing a set of headers!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Litesokneecough (edited 22 October 2002).]

Litesokneecough, Boomtown??? Surely you don't mean the place near Reno in NV. that's kinda outta the way...

Maybe you are referring to Sam's Town that was just demolished in Cameron Park.

NSX4FUN - Nope, I mean Boomtown - Nevada! Yeah, a long drive, and for me it would be almost a 4 hour drive! All the better. I can't drive my NSX enough. The NSX is a drug, and I'm hooked!

Update! Option2, get the event going! Bad weather is coming. Time is short and I'm itching to go. Also, I have header $$ burning a hole in my pocket if the price is right. In any case, I need a fix (drive). Getting the shakes.....
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Litesokneecough (edited 23 October 2002).]

I thought this topic was about a Comptech tour. A 4 hour detour for lunch doesn't quite fit the plan of visiting Comptec for a tour, maybe watch some accessories get installed on one or two NSX's, etc. I expect the idea would be to spend 2 to 4 hours at Comptech.

I just talked to Bob at Comptech and he told me we could do a tour of Comptech some time in December. Comptech is booked up through November with NSXPO and the opening of a new Acura dealer in Arizona.

So please, if you are still interested in a tour of the Comptech facility, please respond here or by email. I don't know when in December, but probably the week or so.

If we don't get the number of responses they are looking for, Bob said that if we don't mind, he could arrange for the CLS club to join. By the way, the Comptech facility is not open on the weekend but they would be willing to give the tour on a Saturday. Also, parts would be available for sale. I'm interested in a set of headers and if the price is right, I'll buy them on the spot. Hope to see you there.

------------------

Greg,
Thanks for following up.
smile.gif
I called a few times without any luck. I believe there are about 21 S2K owners that were interested.

Originally posted by Litesokneecough:
I just talked to Bob at Comptech and he told me we could do a tour of Comptech some time in December. ...............

I don't know when in December, but probably the week or so.

FWIW, in terms of calendaring events, and sicne the Sacto contingency will be there en force, the Sacto Chapter has scheduled a detailing day at Jake Tomlinson & Co in Auburn on December 8. This is limited to NSXCA members and to the first 14 or so. You bring your own stuff ....

Based on my understanding, Tomlinson has been designated by Acura as the choice body/paint shop for Acura warranty work.

And our club's Christmas party is sometime between the 13th and 17th ...... and you know we want all the goodies and shines before then ...... unless someone is planning a gift under the Christmas tree .......
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Hrant:

FWIW, in terms of calendaring events, and sicne the Sacto contingency will be there en force, the Sacto Chapter has scheduled a detailing day at Jake Tomlinson & Co in Auburn on December 8. This is limited to NSXCA members and to the first 14 or so. You bring your own stuff ....

Based on my understanding, Tomlinson has been designated by Acura as the choice body/paint shop for Acura warranty work.

And our club's Christmas party is sometime between the 13th and 17th ...... and you know we want all the goodies and shines before then ...... unless someone is planning a gift under the Christmas tree .......
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds like December is not a good time to do this event. Maybe we should hold off on this till Spring? At least the weather will be better.

Back