• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX/S2000 Meet and Comptech Tour

Yeah, when Comptech starts building engines for Indy, the place becomes like Fort Knox. Now that McClaren owns them, I'm sure it will be the same or worse. (I presume the McClaren deal went thru).

Fritz

I got a call from Bob at Comptech today. He wanted me to know Comptech is pretty much free for the rest of the year so anytime we would like to go for the tour, just say the word.

Also, I have some pics of the recent Castle Air Museum tour here:http://www.imagestation.com/members/Powmaster

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Ok,

I'll take the initiative to organize the event. Any volunteer from surrounding area to organize the lunch portion? Also, I could use some ideas on drive/route options.

How bout December 13? If the Sac area having their christmas party at the same time, maybe we can join them after the trip too.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:

How bout December 13? If the Sac area having their christmas party at the same time, maybe we can join them after the trip too.

Please make the tour on a SATURDAY, when the working class can make it! Bob at Comptech told me they have no problems with being open on a Saturday.

------------------

OK guys, we have too many chiefs and no head chief if you follow my drift ................

Optione2 started the initiative, we recruited nsx4fun to get the boxed lunches or find a restaurant, Litesokneecough recently upped the ante noting he got a call from Bob, and Andrie proposed the 13th .... and now we are back to square one ......
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps the 14th might be a good day as most of the Sacramentans will still be under the influence after the Christmas party .....
tongue.gif

I propose Option2 to close the deal, unless he wants to pass and let Litesokneecough to follow through on Bob's phone call, and if that doesn't work how about Andrie seals the deal - I know he has the ins with Comptech
wink.gif
.... and if Andrie is too busy, we have a very successful Realtor amongs us [00-T black/black] who loves Comptech goodies and parts, how about recruiting him for the final kill .......
biggrin.gif

With all this horsepower we should be able to schedule a tech event no ......
wink.gif

Option2 -

Let me know if you want to make the arrangments. If you're busy, just leave me a note here and I'll call Bob.

I was going to buy an exhaust system first, but if we do the Comptech thing soon, and they offer headers at a "Nice" price, I'll buy them at Comptech on the spot. Bob told me they will have "Goodies" for sale during the tour
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Hrant:

Perhaps the 14th might be a good day as most of the Sacramentans will still be under the influence after the Christmas party .....
tongue.gif

Saturday the 14th works for me. But I thot the party finally ended up to be on Sunday the 15th.

Originally posted by Hrant:
tongue.gif

I would love to participate in this but that weekend is out for me - any other day guys? 7th too soon? 21st?

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
I would love to participate in this but that weekend is out for me - any other day guys? 7th too soon? 21st?

I'm doing Bondurant's advanced racing school in Phoenix during the weekend of the 21st, hence I vote the 7th or the weekend after Christmas, i.e., 28/29. Besides, most of us in the Silicon Valley are on forced FTO/vaction around this period!

Greg,

That would be great if you could take over. I've been way too busy with work to be able to organize the event. Thanks alot!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

I'd be happy to organize the event. I think this Saturday is just too soon to get everybody aware of the event and maybe Comptech will need more time. I work on the 14th so I'll call Bob at Comptech and see if the 21st is okay.

I know we can't meet everyone's schedule but the 21st is still over 2 weeks away. Hopefully everyone who wishes to go will be able to make plans. I'll post the results of our conversation here tomorrow night.

Headers sitting underneath the Christmas Tree would sure be a nice present from Santa.

------------------

I called Comptech today at 3:15pm and Bob was on another line so I left him voice mail. He didn't call back but I'm sure will call tomorrow. If not, I'll call him again.

------------------

Called Comptech again today. Talked to Paul (?) who told me Comptech was gearing down for the holidays and would be busy through December. So, sometime in January we'll do the tour thing. He apologized for the delay but just too many things going on. He'll (Bob) call me to setup an exact date for the tour after the new year.

------------------

I haven't been checking this very often recently. When a definitive date is set, someone please make sure Hrant sends me an email at my work address. That will make sure I know ASAP to work on the lunch plans.
Because it sounds like this will be a weekend event as opposed to a weekday, I think a reservation at a restaurant might be more attractive than catered sandwiches (as I don't think the local Tin Roof Deli is open on weekends).

Fritz

Litesokneecough, think it's time to ping Comptech again? NW club meeting is the 4th, so 1/11, 1/18 and 1/25 seem like good candidates for a CT event. I'd prefer one of the latter two dates.

1/25 has 2 events going on. NCRC track event at Sears Point & an Autozotica thing is scheduled that day as well. Not that you can't have a Comptech tour that day, but attendance might be slim.

For me personally, 1/18 is definitely out of the question as my son's First Birthday is the 18th, and I will be occupied with him and all the relatives.

For me, that leaves 1/11 as the best date, but don't make your plans based on what is good for me as my schedule is such I can't guarantee I won't be working that weekend.

Fritz

To all -

I call Comptech to schedule a tour Monday; however, I'm going to Florida for a quasi emergency and won't be back until at least the 20th of January. So there is a chance I won't make the tour unless it's at a later date. If I'm back before the tour happens, I'll probably still go.

I'll post the tour date/time here Monday evening. I know the date won't make everyone happy as we all have different things going on. "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time" come into play here.

------------------

I'd like to apologize to everyone for not doing what I said I'd do. End of Year things at work kept me pretty busy and I didn't get a chance to call Bob at Comptech.

Andrie Hartanto offered to take over for me. I hope to be back from Florida before the tour. I'd still like to show off the Headers and Taitec lightweight exhaust now on my NSX. Anyway, sorry to let everyone down.

------------------

Guys,

Comptech is been slow in giving me a date. However, they promise me to give me a date by the end of the week. I'll keep you guys updated.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.tracknutz.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tracknutz.com
</A>
Join us Feb 16 at Buttonwillow!

Back