• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Service Recommendations for Inland Empire

NSX Service Recommendations for Inland Empire Sought

Any day now my 1995 NSX with 39K miles will be arriving from PA. In reviewing CarFax, I will be the third or fourth owner. I bought from a dealer (actually completed deal through Ebay), with the help of some NSXPrimers in the Northeast region who provided feedback about the car. There are no service records. The car appears to be largely stock, though lowered with catback Comptech exhaust. My intention is to treat the car as though it has not been serviced and get all fluids changed immediately and possibly timing belt, if the car still has the original timing belt cover.
Question is, where best to go for service?
I live in the town of Redlands, CA, which is about 60 miles east of LA, about halfway between LA and Palm Springs. The closest Acura dealer is in Riverside, CA (about 15 miles). I have spoken with service department and they seem friendly and responsive, and not unreasonably priced (timing belt quote was $200 more than AutoWave), but I am interested in the experiences of others who have relied on them.
My other choices are Metro Acura in Montclair, CA or possibly the Acura dealer in Palm Springs.
I have searched forum for both "Riverside Acura" and "Metro Acura" but really didn't find much current or detailed information.
I have spoken with AutoWave, and was very impressed with them and would like to use them, but I find their hours restrictive. Meaning their only open Monday through Friday, and getting to Huntington Beach from Redlands, on a weekday can easily turn into a 1.5 to 2 hour drive, just to get there, plus I need someone to follow me to get me home.
I have reviewed the recommendation at http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/dealers_and_service/Reviews.htm but don't find anything geographically desirable.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Stay far away from Metro Acura...I had my car there twice and they blew it both thimes, really bad. I've been to Riverside Acura and recieved very good service, with a smile. I also have taken my car to Mark Johnson's at "area 51" Look this up in Dali Racing's web site. :) He's a couple of guys that come in on the weekends and seem quite good, and are more reasonable priced than a dealer. Hope this helps.

Back