• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Service recommendations? (Seattle)

I have done business with Acura of Lynnwood in the past as far as buying parts from. They have always been very helpful and kind in their prices. I hope the service dept would be the same as I have never heard anyone in the Seattle group say anything negative about them.......

I agree with Gene. Acura of Lynnwood did my timing belt and water pump recently and "Jon" there is a great tech. He actually re-ordered a gasket overnight because he thought it looked a little crimped. That's the kind of attension to detail that I'm looking for...and quite a bit different than Bellevue Acura (where I got my car back after almost 2 weeks...filthy, with a new scratch, and tar all over the rear trunk lid). Hope this helps!

Although i have a few friends in the sales department at Acura of Seattle in Southcenter, and have sold a few cars for them......

I would never take my car there for service.....

Just do a search in the forums for a 250+ joyride to canada while it was in for service, and 2 scratched Advan rims that i had specially imported when they weren't available in Nsx combo in the US, back 95 or 96ish? And it wasnt a service tech, it was the service manager.

Sorry, still venting. LOL
-Ray

I agree with Ray

I don't recommend Acura of Seattle (Southcenter) also.

I recently brought a NSX from the original owner who brought the car there. I was looking for records for the vehicle. I gave them the VIN number of the car and they could not locate the car in the system. I asked if the records who purge and they said "no". So...

I went back home and got the original purchase order and one service receipt from them. So it continues...

I gave them the purchase order, then they told me it was probably never service there. So... I gave them the receipt of the service. Then....

They said they purge their records after five years. So....

THE CONCLUSION: What a bunch of idiots!

mainstreet autoworks

A guy named Tony that ownes this fine shop,has 2 nsx's and deals with only Honda and Acura. His prices are cheaper then dealerships and he's lic,by Honda and Acura,with awards for many things form Honda of USA.He runs his shop very well and loves NSX's. Ive taken my 97 NSX T there many times for tune ups and oil changes,and ive seen a handfull of other NSX'S there aswell and happen to talk with some of the owners .They say hes the best person in the (NORTHWEST) for stock or modified......that would be the best place to take any NSX. Dealerships always try to get more money out of ya,and they don't work on them as much as Tony does.His shop is olcated in Monroe, Washington and phone number #360-794-7480. :) :)

I have always had excellent workmanship, and great customer service at really good prices with Hong's Auto Service in Seattle. I can't say enough good things about Denny, as he is just one of the most sincere & honest persons I know. It's not just the reasonable rate there, but also knowing that you are not paying for whatever services/parts you don't need, or know nothing about. Denny always takes his time to explain everything that he is doing to your cars and go over all the options you have.

Here is his contact information:
Denny
Hong's Auto Service
3518 Rainier Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98144
206-723-8300

I highly recommend giving him a try if you are looking for top-notch work on your Honda's, Acura's, and NSX's. He's factory trained and certified. In fact, all of my buddies and I take our NSX's and Acura's there for services. Denny takes very VERY good care of all cars!

Steve
[email protected]

Last edited:
Hong's Auto Service - Denny

I agree with Steve,

Denny from Hong's auto is great. Honest, trustworthy, and knowledgeable.

As a matter of fact, Steve was there when Denny helped me with my NSX tranny problem back in 2003.

(Intec in Kent, f_cked up my 6spds swap. I already spent all of my savings for the 6spds tranny and labor; Intec refused to fix their mistake and dare to ask for $ 1,000 - 1,500 MORE in labor).

Knowing that i was in financial crisis, Danny spent time and effort to drop the transmisison, open it apart, carefully check on every little parts, locate the problem source, order the part, wait for the backorder part, which result in 3 weeks wait on his lift, finally put them together, tested, and I had no problem since. He only charged $ 350 in labor, that was when i had my finacial crisis.. (maybe he did me a huge favor, knowing that i shit out of luck in $$)

There was this bearing that was damaged, and it only comes with entire OEM clutch set.. which is $ 2,000 !!! Instead of having me to sell blood for that additional $ 2,000... Denny went thru machine shops (many of them) to locate a same size bearing to substitue- 45 dollar... that is $ 1,955 in saving alone!!

Typically, everyone else charges more than $ 1,500 in labor for straight up clutch change... Denny only asked for $ 350 for all the trouble he'd gone thru. that is just unbelieveable..

To this day, I still can not thank Denny enough. He is the only honda/acura shop that i trust.

Denny
Hong's Auto Service
3518 Rainier Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98144
206-723-8300

All my friends had great things to say.. and Highly recommend him!!

Jason.

Last edited:
Re: Hong's Auto Service - Denny

As Jason's advised, I had done business with Denny, and yes, he's a honest and warm person. I don't know what gives, but there's very few shop I would leave my car there instead of insisting staying in the shop and watch.

Acura of Lynnwood is incredible! They have always helped me and gone the extra mile.. and oddly enough... every time they quote me a price on a part.. I have got there and it has been cheaper? And their quoted price was already good! I really do think they treat the NSX people good. I also had my tranny serviced there and everything went well.

My friend knows Tony in Monroe and he has nothing but great stuff to say about him. Tony has actually walked me through on the phone a few trouble shooting procedures. I think I am going to take my NSX to him to get the valves adjusted soon.

Kevin

hi everyone,

I am sorry to here how everyone feels about seattle. :frown: I work there. Anyway I would definitly recommend Rick. He is a master tech and been here for 15 years. He is the only tech who works on NSX's. He works on mine. Anyway if you live and want to come to Seattle. See him he does very good work. Just my 2 cents.

Back