• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX spotted

Black NA2 spotted on 59th street bridge this morning in NYC. anyone here?

That would have actually been me in my '02. After having my car sit in a garage for nearly a year, I decided to take the car to Acura of Manhattan for maintenance in preparation for the summer.

I don't think I will be going there again. :frown:

It is pretty weird how quickly people on this site can spot a "non familiar" nsx. It was the first time it had been on the road since arriving in NYC. Since I felt called out, I decided to stop lurking anonymously and finally become a member. :biggrin:

Caustic- This place has a ridiculous wealth of information.

was the dealer bad or just the roads to the dealer.

i never used AOM but have used Rallye (for my RL not the NSX) and had positive experiences there.

That would have actually been me in my '02. After having my car sit in a garage for nearly a year, I decided to take the car to Acura of Manhattan for maintenance in preparation for the summer.

It is pretty weird how quickly people on this site can spot a "non familiar" nsx. It was the first time it had been on the road since arriving in NYC. Since I felt called out, I decided to stop lurking anonymously and finally become a member. :biggrin:

good for you coming out of the shadows:smile: Prime is an amazing resource and a great way to keep up with doings in the club ,nsxca,although this is not an official club site it is a great conduit.

With all this information here what made you take it to that dealer ? Anyway dont be a stranger and hope that the car is OK

My NSX has never been to Manhattan. Going through Brooklyn after nsxstock was bad enough. :frown:

I forsee mine going to manhattan atleast once. but it would be around 3-4am and for some photo opportunities.

other than that queens will probably be the limit for NYC unless going to a show or something

Not me this time. My NSX was in Manhattan once... Last November (Rich, remember the Bear Mountain advice you gave me?). And if I bring it back, it would be in the fall again. Too many pot-holes in the spring! :eek:

My NSX has never been to Manhattan. Going through Brooklyn after nsxstock was bad enough. :frown:

My first two NSX's *lived* in Brooklyn! Holla!!! LOL

I have to say Im very glad my current one only knows Pennsylvania. It would have been criminal to move it from LA to Brooklyn... hahaha

was the dealer bad or just the roads to the dealer.

i never used AOM but have used Rallye (for my RL not the NSX) and had positive experiences there.

LOL, the roads to the dealer were horrible. Manhattan is now off limits unless extremely necessary.

But AoM was pretty bad. The service was terrible. I'll check out Rallye in the future.

With all this information here what made you take it to that dealer ? Anyway dont be a stranger and hope that the car is OK

There is a lot of information here, but I did not see any info on shops local to NYC, mostly just Pennsylvania. So I figured I'd just got to an Acura dealer to be safe until I source out a shop that will take care of my car. My car is fully serviced now but it was a mistake to go to AoM, not a big one, but a mistake nonetheless.

On that note... can anyone recommend a place to service my NSX in the NYC/Long Island (near Queens) area? :biggrin:

Looking for:
tire/wheel changes
coilover install and alignment
bodywork and painting

LOL, the roads to the dealer were horrible. Manhattan is now off limits unless extremely necessary.

But AoM was pretty bad. The service was terrible. I'll check out Rallye in the future.

There is a lot of information here, but I did not see any info on shops local to NYC, mostly just Pennsylvania. So I figured I'd just got to an Acura dealer to be safe until I source out a shop that will take care of my car. My car is fully serviced now but it was a mistake to go to AoM, not a big one, but a mistake nonetheless.

On that note... can anyone recommend a place to service my NSX in the NYC/Long Island (near Queens) area? :biggrin:

Looking for:
tire/wheel changes
coilover install and alignment
bodywork and painting

For Body work and painting if your really anal Joe Lomoriello of
http://www.vincesautobodyworks.com

Tire/wheel changes I would refer to the list on TireRack of approved facilities
I have had good experiences with the dealer they listed by me.

Anything else mechanical Larry Bastanza is the man to see. I can also recommend a mechanic in Flushing but my experience with him is not as good as Larry B or Davis Acura

You will find that the above are tried and tested and approved by many here

Larry B in the NY,CT,NJ,MA area is the only one to see. He knows and loves our cars, owns one and is President of the NSXCA, what more of an endorsement could you want!!!

For Body work and painting if your really anal Joe Lomoriello of
http://www.vincesautobodyworks.com

Tire/wheel changes I would refer to the list on TireRack of approved facilities
I have had good experiences with the dealer they listed by me.

Anything else mechanical Larry Bastanza is the man to see. I can also recommend a mechanic in Flushing but my experience with him is not as good as Larry B or Davis Acura

You will find that the above are tried and tested and approved by many here

Larry and vince are the best of course... A good alternate is always imp too though. I hear Davis come up a lot. Which location did you use?

Thanks everyone, exactly the information I've been looking for. Now to decide on what to start modding the car with. More than likely, wheels first. I can't wait to start yet another thread on offsets! :tongue:

Caustic-

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I know every pothole in Brooklyn and take my car for a walk all the time. No issues. :biggrin:

Larry and vince are the best of course... A good alternate is always imp too though. I hear Davis come up a lot. Which location did you use?

I use Larry B for most of my work now and although I never had to get serious body work if I needed to take it to someone who I could trust with my car and not have to worry about the job it would be Joe L

I use Larry B for most of my work now and although I never had to get serious body work if I needed to take it to someone who I could trust with my car and not have to worry about the job it would be Joe L

Yeah, totally agree... Just curious if you had first hand experience with Davis b/c I think they're pretty close to me so would be very convenient for small stuff or times when I can't make a trip up to upper NY work.

Back