• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx-t pricing?

hi, my name is jay and i am new to this site. i am looking to buy a nsx by the end of this year. i am only 17 and turning 18 next month. i been looking for a 94+ black nsx with t-top. i am selling all 3 of my cars to get the nsx, so i need to know if this car is worth it.
what i am currently driving:
04 mustang, daily driving to school and work.
91 mit. GTO, only for street race.
98 3000gt, my friday night car :)

if i am looking for a 94+ nsx-t, with really good condition and low mileage, like under 70k, how much am i looking for to spend, and what's the insurance cost for these car?

If you want an NSX-T, I would get a '97+ and not a '95 or '96. If you're selling three cars for this one NSX, you really have to consider the consequences of daily driving an NSX. The NSX attracts a lot of attention (both good and bad). Will you feel comfortable leaving the car unattended when you're at school or work? The NSX is very reliable, but if something goes wrong, it can be very expensive to fix. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I definitely would feel uncomfortable daily driving the NSX. Anyway, welcome to the site!

Targa only avail on 95+ NSX's. Not to sound rude, but have you done your homework on this car?

Curious though, are those 3 cars yours, or purchased by mom & dad?:rolleyes:

rickysals said:
gosh i hate spoiled kids!!!

sorry, my parents does not give me a penny. every cent i own is mine. i work for some lady at her restuarant since i was 12, and i paid off all my cars with cash. so please don't said i am a spoiled kids. my parents are rich, but there are chinese(if you know what that mean), they never buy you anything.

i am keeping the 04 mustang to go to work and school, my nsx is going to be friday and sat. car.

Instead of asking us how much insurance is going to cost, don't you think it would be a better idea to call your insurance agent/company. I can pretty much gaurantee that it won;t be cheap, unless you get a high deductible and pass on the collision/theft part and buy liability. Disclaimer: I'm not an insurance agent, nor do I recommend driving a car without the proper coverage.

I always find peoples choices interesting...

95-96 NSX-T has the worst power/weight ratio and therefore the slowest NSX ever produced.

Consequently, the NSX-T became the best seller in the US...

It's like the Porsche Carrera 4 was also the heaviest and slowest Porsche in the 911 line up yet it sold the most models!

As the famed detective Harry Hoo would say...

"Amazing"

Insurance might not be as bad as you might think... My premium on the NSX was 80 bucks more over a 6 month period than on my 2003 Mazdaspeed... i just turned 20.

topgearnsx said:
sorry, my parents does not give me a penny. every cent i own is mine. i work for some lady at her restuarant since i was 12, and i paid off all my cars with cash. so please don't said i am a spoiled kids. my parents are rich, but there are chinese(if you know what that mean), they never buy you anything.

i am keeping the 04 mustang to go to work and school, my nsx is going to be friday and sat. car.

haha, i found this thismorning...

i had a few too many Grey Goose last nite. Excuse the comment :cool:

Gee, no one wants to answer Jay's question? Other than DocL, who gave the best answer regarding insurance cost. (In addition to checking with your own insurance company, which is the best idea, you can also check on websites like Insweb.com and Insure.com to get an idea.)

topgearnsx said:
if i am looking for a 94+ nsx-t, with really good condition and low mileage, like under 70k, how much am i looking for to spend, and what's the insurance cost for these car?
Have you looked at the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions)? You can access it by clicking on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

You'll find pricing information in the Pricing section in the area called "Buy, Sell, Ship, Store".

For a '95-96 NSX-T in really good condition and under 70K miles, expect to pay high thirties, maybe mid thirties if you really shop around. For a '97-05, expect to pay mid forties and up. (People are quick to recommend the '97-05, which is certainly a better car due to the higher horsepower and six-speed transmission, but are just as quick to ignore the higher price. It's really your choice whether or not to pay a lot more money for the '97-05.)

topgearnsx said:

In your original post, you stated that you were going to sell all three of your cars for the NSX :rolleyes:.

AU_NSX said:
95-96 NSX-T has the worst power/weight ratio and therefore the slowest NSX ever produced.

Yeah, well us '95/96 owners love our cars too. :)

Anyway, looks to me like there were about 5500 total 91-94 cars. If ~9000 was the total number imported that would mean there are more coupes than T's.

As far as pricing yes the 97+ are better cars but they are $10,000 more on average than a 95 or 96. I'm happy with my slow 95. The 10,000 went into headers, exhaust, HID's, BBK, with $6000 left over.. I'm not suffering too bad with my slow 95. Mine was 38.5k a couple years ago with 61k, TB already done.

AU_NSX said:
I always find peoples choices interesting...

It's like the Porsche Carrera 4 was also the heaviest and slowest Porsche in the 911 line up yet it sold the most models!

As the famed detective Harry Hoo would say...

"Amazing"

i don't know, to me with the t-top makes the whole car look different. i don't really care if that's the slowest model, since i can do upgrade later on when i save more money.

i am thinking not to buy insurance for my car, or at least not right after i buy it, since i am only going to drive it once or twice a week.

topgearnsx said:
i don't know, to me with the t-top makes the whole car look different. i don't really care if that's the slowest model, since i can do upgrade later on when i save more money.

interpretation: I only care to have the NSX for posing. Who cares about performance?

topgearnsx said:
i am thinking not to buy insurance for my car, or at least not right after i buy it, since i am only going to drive it once or twice a week.
interpretation: I can't really afford an NSX, so maybe I'll be a poseur.

Last edited:
topgearnsx said:

Isn't that illegal?

topgearnsx said:

That's pretty smart! So we can all assume that you'll be riding the short bus to school.

As one of my top-10ers Alicia "2005 NSX-T in " Silverstone would say "Way Harsh!" Lay off the little fella! (Although if he hits me without insurance, his folks will be delivering my kung pao for many years :wink: )

Dude - go buy your NSX, whatever year you can afford with insurance, and take the quarterback's girlfriend to prom in it. :biggrin:

bodypainter said:
Yeah, well us '95/96 owners love our cars too. :)
Of course you do... The NSX are all beautiful cars! And I have to compliment you on your example... I think you captured the essence of what the NSX is about in this photo Jim...

P1010019c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I somehow don't think you were the slightest bit concerned that your car is a few 10ths slower than a coupe when you took that photo! :wink:

Don't worry about me... I'm shallow, materialistic and obsessed with weight... :biggrin: :biggrin:

AU_NSX said:

That's absolutely gorgeous! I love that color combination.

To the original poster, if you cannot afford to buy insurance and drive the car at the same time, look at a cheaper car. It follows that if you cannot even afford insurance, you will not be able to afford the upkeep on the car. Plus, if you get into an accident in the NSX, without insurance and without any money you will be up the proverbial shit creek without a paddle.

Back