• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-T roof switch no longer available but found replacement part.

30 miles from The Dragon. On the TN side of cours
If you own an NSX-T, you know there is a switch inside the engine cover on the driver's side that controls the light on the dash when you store the roof. Mine fell apart on me a few days ago so I called Acura to order a new one. They told me it is discontinued. Started searching around and discovered that the door jamb switch from a Honda Civic is the exact same part except that it includes a rubber cover that is not needed for our cars. So, if you ever need to replace your switch, now you have a part that is readily available.

Honda Civic part # 35400-SL4-013
NSX-T part # 35400-SL0-013

IMG_2593.jpg

Thank you so much! Great info to know.

Rich

Thank you Indiana Jones!

Good work on the cross reference. As the vehicles age, it would be nice if a cross reference / substitution list could be started up in the Wiki.

The original hatch switch is still available from Amayama for about $5 USD; but, the minimum shipping is around $16 so you would want to bundle it in an order of other parts. Sometimes I think discontinued means that the turn over is below some threshold so they no longer keep it in inventory. I don't know why Honda North America does not indicate that it is still available; but, only by special order.

Good work on the cross reference. As the vehicles age, it would be nice if a cross reference / substitution list could be started up in the Wiki.

I was thinking the same thing. I started making a spreadsheet to track this type of info.
I am not website savvy. I heard Prime Wiki is locked. Too bad because a page to host this would be great for the community.

The original hatch switch is still available from Amayama for about $5 USD; but, the minimum shipping is around $16 so you would want to bundle it in an order of other parts. Sometimes I think discontinued means that the turn over is below some threshold so they no longer keep it in inventory. I don't know why Honda North America does not indicate that it is still available; but, only by special order.

YESSSSSS! Exactly :rolleyes::confused:

Share please :smile::smile::smile:

haha, it is not that impressive because I literally just started. So it currently only had this one item. As I learn more, I will continue to build it.

Let me think of a format and start a thread where others can add their contributions.

Back