• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement rubber boot for oil pressure switch

Back in September I changed out my coolant hoses. When I did the oil cooler hoses I noticed the rubber boot over the oil pressure switch was kind of crunchy. In fact it partially cracked as I was moving stuff around. I cleaned it up and taped it up with some silicone self amalgamating tape; but, it really needs replacement if I am going to have any chance of wining the NSX Concours d' Elegance. I checked and the rubber boot is not part of the oil pressure switch. My guess is that it might be part of the wiring harness. If that is correct I am definitely not purchasing an engine harness just to get a new OEM boot.

There do appear to be some boots that might work. Unfortunately, non are available locally so it is order, test to fit, order another one if it doesn't work out, repeat. I was wondering whether anybody has a line on a 'this boot fits perfectly and is available for the same price as a venti latte from Starbucks'?

The oil pressure switch boot off a Honda Shadow VT7XX motorcycle looks like it can work.

Last edited:
That looks like a possibility. I may have to cruise by the local Honda MC dealership to see what a new one costs and whether I can get eyeballs on the piece to see if the size looks correct.

I have a 95% confidence it’ll fit, the Shadow sensor appears to be wi a couple mm dia of the NSX’s. Ive ordered a used one myself to keep in reserve. Rubber parts are the things that will just go away over time.

When you get it, post the details on the wire termination at the switch. The NSX oil pressure switch uses a screw lug terminal. The Shadow switch looks like the wire is sealed where it enters the boot which means it will have to be spliced in rather than feed the existing wire into the boot. If the shadow does not use a ring terminal at the switch that could make fitting the boot more complicated.

When you get it, post the details on the wire termination at the switch. The NSX oil pressure switch uses a screw lug terminal. The Shadow switch looks like the wire is sealed where it enters the boot which means it will have to be spliced in rather than feed the existing wire into the boot. If the shadow does not use a ring terminal at the switch that could make fitting the boot more complicated.
Uses a ring for lug screw just like the NSX. Of course you will have to cut the wire and replace or reterminate the ring. Looks like a perfect fit.

It looks like you can purchase just the wire harness with boot / no pressure switch. The part number is 32101-MCL-000. I can find it on line sold new for about $10 - 15 US$. I just need to find a vendor that will ship to Canada (most will not) and for a reasonable price. Speed Supplies listed it for a nudge over $10; but, wanted $71.25 to ship it. I may have to check out the local dealer if I can't find a more reasonable delivered cost.

Back