• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Tech Needed!

Hi everyone:

Can anyone recommend a top-notch NSX tech in South Texas, preferably Austin or San Antonio? I want to have a few things checked on and a few upgrades done, and I don't have faith in the Acura dealer in SA anymore for NSX work.

Thanks!

Todd

Hi Todd,

While he has not worked on my NSX, Tyrone Baker of Tybrid Performance has been recommended by other NSXers. He's probably the most qualified NSX guy in Austin.

Tybrid Performance
1806 Hydro Drive
Austin, TX 78728
512-670-3655
http://www.tybrid.com/

Todd, there's also AutoLogic in Houston owned by Brad. He has a modded NSX and so does/did 2 of his co-workers. He always has a NSX there getting work done and almost everyone I know with a NSX goes there. :)
You might be able to find some comments if you do a search.
Best Regards,
- Z

Re: dallas tech

jaredNdallas said:
I just purchased mine and the motor just seems to need a tune up anyone in dallas know of a good tech?
Goodson Acura - sponsored two NSteXpos, 2002 NSXPO, DAL Motorsports NSX; offers big parts discounts to NSXCA members; service advisor Susan Tableman is an active NSX Prime member; they have 2 NSX techs (I think).

Do a search for "Goodson" in this forum if you're not convinced yet. :)

Thanks everyone - I just talked to Tyrone (he is nice, missnsx!) I'm going to go see him tomorrow about a few things, and I'll report back with my impressions.

Z - I've heard very good things about Autologic, but that drive is a little too long for me to have things looked at. Thanks for the heads-up, though!

Todd

Saw Tyrone yesterday - great guy!! He confirmed exactly what I suspected - the dealer adjusted the valves on the very loose side, thus giving me the constant valve ticking that was sapping my enjoyment of the car. He was ready to go in and adjust the valves correctly whenever I could schedule it.

However - I went back to the dealer when I got back in town, (who I have already paid for the service), and made my dissatisfaction very clear. As a result, the shop foreman is readjusting my valves today for no cost. If I'm still unhappy with their work, I won't be back for anything, and I'll have Tyrone take over - but it's difficult to coordinate rides from a different city. After this is solved, I would definitely use Tyrone for future services. I just hate paying for something more than once, but I will absolutely do if the dealer still comes up lacking.

BTW, Tyrone had a silver wide body NSX in the shop getting some major work done - does that belong to anyone here?

Thanks!

Todd

Glad to hear you got it worked out...having to pay for something to be done right twice sucks, but the time and having to mess with it is worse.

I think the widebody used to belong to David here in austin, had all sort of work and a custom turbo...over 500HP. I think he sold it to another guy here in austin.

Back