• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Time Attack Event November 3-4

NSX TUNER TIME ATTACK! 2007 Time to mark your calenders! (or not if you are a poser)

nsx-time-attack-splash%20(Small).png

Dali Racing is putting on an ALL NSX WEEKEND event this fall at FIREBIRD RACEWAY with the help of COZ MOTORSPORTS in PHX and the NSX-CA.

Where: to be held on the Firebird "West Test Track" - 1.1 Mile Road Course, incorporating 11 tight turns and a 3/8 mile straight-away. The elevated pit area overlooking the track is 8 feet higher than the surrounding terrain, the course itself has no signage which provides a generic background for film companies and continuous observation of test cars.

What: The basic format is an NSX only open track/ride and drive weekend with a "Time Attack" session held on the 2nd day.

Who: So far we have to following entries for the Time Attack portion of the weekend:

Dali Racing (BOOSTZILLA)
GruppeM (Alex's RED ROCKET)
Turbo Labs (J&M Black Beauty)
TEAM NSX (Mark Allan's RTR kit)
Autowave (COZ Motorsports NSX with an Autowave prepared CT blower)
Factor X (maybe - they are booked for SEMA, I'm beating on them to put together a 2nd car)
Applied Motorsports (some secret homebrewed 600HP SC kit)
Driving Ambition (one SC, maybe 2 more turbo cars)

more tuners as we hear back from them...:biggrin:

---

All the the other NSX Tuner guys that we could think of were invited to come out to showcase their stuff -- this could be kinda fun.

Everyone that has an NSX is also welcome to come out and run in the other track event run groups and watch the Time Attack event, spend some time bsing with the participating vendors, hanging out etc.

The track event participant list will be limited to 42 TOTAL cars to give everyone out there enough elbow room to have some fun.. but the number of non on track participants is not, so plan to come out and support your favorite! (please no betting - we are not in LV :biggrin: )

Sessions will be 30 minutes long, giving you several HOURS of track time per day, with entries divided into in three run groups;

beginner (15 cars) with passing allowed on the main straight only.
advanced (15 cars) with passing allowed on all three straights.
Time Attack (12 cars max) with unlimited passing.

All the usual safety precautions will be taken, flag crew, on site ambulance, fire crew etc.

There is pretty much unlimited space for spectators in the paddock as I remember from the last time I was there..

Every registrant - whether in the on track or spectator groups will get a goodie bag stuffed with an event t-shirt and other goodies provided by our sponsors (to be determined as we squeeze them)

Coffee and carbohydrates will be provided for breakfast both days, and box lunches will be provided both days so you do not have an excuse to miss the drivers meeting or be late for your afternoon run group sessions.

Every tuner-vendor car in the Time Attack portion of the weekend will be a listed on the website as a sponsor, and on the event t-shirts provided by the NSX-CA. LMK if you want to be added to that list.

Event hotel info and registration info etc will be posted up soon, the NSX TIME ATTACK event website will be updated every Weds.

:cool:

Anyways - just keeping myself amused in my old age.... might be nice if someone makes this a "sticky" post.

Last edited:
Were gonna try our best MJ! We would love nothing more than to go out there and run against other FI NSXs. October and November are our hell months so its gonna be a longshot. We wish you the best of luck getting some of the other FI options out there to show up. We tried a few years back and everyone ended up backing out at the last minute:confused:

... We wish you the best of luck getting some of the other FI options out there to show up. We tried a few years back and everyone ended up backing out at the last minute:confused:

Their loss.

I can lend you a car if you need another one.
:biggrin:

A few people asked what classes we were running - we're keeping it simple:

4 classes:

Unlimited FI
Forced Induction, anything goes except a hired driver. The owner of the car must drive the car.

Unlimited NA
Naturally Aspirated, anything goes except a hired driver. The owner of the car must drive the car.

Street FI
Forced Induction, all original peripheral equipment must still be in the car. ie stereo, A/C, carpets etc and the car must be registered and "legal". Any other "normal street car mods" allowed. (headers, exhaust, suspension, wheels etc) Actual street tires must be used - no BS legal for 1 lap tires will be allowed. The owner of the car must drive the car.

Street NA
Naturally Aspirated, all original peripheral equipment must still be in the car. ie stereo, A/C, carpets etc and the car must be registered and "legal". Any other "normal street car mods" allowed. (headers, exhaust, suspension, wheels etc) Actual street tires must be used - no BS legal for 1 lap tires will be allowed. The owner of the car must drive the car.

You can bring along as many cars as you want too to fly your flag, but the "fender to fender" practice group is limited to 12 cars......

A few people asked what classes we were running - we're keeping it simple:

Unlimited FI
Forced Induction, anything goes except a hired driver. The owner of the car must drive the car.
Unlimited NA
Naturally Aspirated, anything goes except a hired driver. The owner of the car must drive the car.
:confused:

the registration / signup page is up - More info will be posted as it comes together..

Oh cool format Mark, wish I could show for UNA. 1523 miles one way down I5 is aways for me thou. But, this is good lead time. I'll see if I can find a truck or if any of the NW guys would like to put something together.

Anybody signing up from Arizona ?

Mark,

Stuntman is an NSX owner but he is also a pro-driver so I am not sure how that works. That's why he was asking if he is invited. Maybe there should be different classes of drivers also. Since most people aren't pros like Billy I think it would be better if there was a weight penalty for him or he's going to have to run against other Pro's. Sorry Billy (stuntman) :biggrin:....thats what you get for being a pro. :tongue:

Mark,

Stuntman is an NSX owner but he is also a pro-driver so I am not sure how that works. That's why he was asking if he is invited. Maybe there should be different classes of drivers also. Since most people aren't pros like Billy I think it would be better if there was a weight penalty for him or he's going to have to run against other Pro's. Sorry Billy (stuntman) :biggrin:....thats what you get for being a pro. :tongue:

I would enjoy having Billy at the track. It would be nice to watch him drive and see his time. But if you need a weight penalty, I am 155 lbs. Anyone would feel good come in second behind Billy. Keep it fun.

My check is in the mail, for real this time.

Lance

I was jesting.....I was just paying the guy a compliment. But I still do think it would unfair if a pro was competing against amateurs. But hey its all in good fun and he can be the guy setting the pace to match or beat. :smile:

I was jesting.....I was just paying the guy a compliment. But I still do think it would unfair if a pro was competing against amateurs. But hey its all in good fun and he can be the guy setting the pace to match or beat. :smile:

Not to worry Eddie - I doubt his car will end up running in the "street legal" class like yours might be if you make it out there. Even if it is "stock" right now, I heard that some guys we know might stuff a turbo in it, and if it arrives with sicks on it will be in the unlimited class anyway.....:wink:

....and remember that there is always someone faster, or richer or more beautiful than the rest of us peons. (or as in Billy's case, he has all three covered) :biggrin:

Time to beef up your new ride Billy!
Time to beef it up?

....and remember that there is always someone faster, or richer or more beautiful than the rest of us peons. (or as in Billy's case, he has all three covered) :biggrin:
1-probably
2-depends on who's opinion
3-not by a long shot

Not to worry guys, if I make it out it'll be for fun, ride with some of you (ask Lance -NSXalot), possibly do some demo laps but not to 'compete' against you guys for bragging rights. Hope to see you there!

Back