• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX to be a Transformer in Transformers 2?

Just saw this on a website:

"He has seen several new transformers including a red Acura NSX, a grey and black Audi RS6, and an old looking Chinese ice cream truck with a domed top and ice cream scoop on the roof that he said will split into two twin Autobots. One of the guys who I was standing on the bridge with had seen an ice cream truck like this driving around the set doing what looked like practice runs. "

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/seibertroncom-exclusive-tf2-filming-info/13243/

I'm a little sceptical because the Audi RS6, was actual an R8, but the NSX seems out of no where. That will be cool if true!

That would deffently be cool but i doubt it will happen, the nsx is already 3 years out of production, it just wouldn't make sense to put it in a movie.

Almost all the vehicles for Transformers were heavily funded by GM except for the Saleen Mustang...

I don't know where the foreign cars fit in the sequence... although very cool if it happens :)

There's aready been an NSX Transformer movie...it kicks Corvette and Lambo butt.:biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pISu-k5emyo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pISu-k5emyo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'd like to see it on the big screen too.:wink:

^^

Best movie ever.

Yea, I don't see this happening since most of the cars will probably be from companies that will be paying to have their cars shown. I can see Honda maybe paying to have a... ummm..... well.... never mind. Honda doesn't really have any cool cars anymore to put in a transformers movie.

Wow, back in 91 Honda could have had the NSX, Prelude, CRX Si, and Legend Coupe in the movie and they all would have been bad ass. What happened to Honda :(

It could either be the concept NSX there...or it could be one of the humans vehicle of choice... therefore you just see snipets of it..and it's not actually a transformer.

Honda has fallen off the map lately. What the hell?

Whichever car companies pays to be in a movie is what cars you will see. I was a bit disappointed in the Transformers movie caving into product placement, but that's the way of things these days. I thought the Transformers should have kept their original forms from the toys, or at least updated versions of those models.

I heard somewhere that Honda has a policy against product placement, hence you rarely see Honda cars in movies/TV.

If any of you saw the first film you might have noticed that 99% of the cars featured in the film were made by GM. The only other vehicle i can recall that wasnt a GM was the cop car Mustang that was a bad guy and was debadged.

You guys are dreaming if you think that ANYTHING that didnt put money in the producers pocket would make it into a big budget turd of a film like Transformers 2 will undoubtedly be.

Thats at least one thing i have to give to the Fast and Furous movies is that they at least make an effort to display vehicles that might be seen or used by street racers unlike most films which only use vehicles that paid to be in the film.

I dont recall Honda EVER putting any of their cars in movies.

In fact, the only NSX that i can think of that was clearly a noticable vehicle in any film was the Wolfs silver NSX in Pulp Fiction. They may have paid to have that one featured since the Wolf made such a big deal about what he would do if the car was returned in any other condition than the one it was currently in.

Can anyone else think of any big budget movies that clearly feature the NSX? (i'm not talking about one in the background of a scene)

Whichever car companies pays to be in a movie is what cars you will see. I was a bit disappointed in the Transformers movie caving into product placement, but that's the way of things these days. I thought the Transformers should have kept their original forms from the toys, or at least updated versions of those models.

I heard somewhere that Honda has a policy against product placement, hence you rarely see Honda cars in movies/TV.

GM did not "Pay" any fees to Paramount or the producers to have their vehicles in Transformers. Instead, GM co-sponsored the production and advertising time featuring their cars and the movie and supplied the cars.

This is exactly the same deal that Audi made (and LG) with Paramount for use of those products in Ironman.

GM did not "Pay" any fees to Paramount or the producers to have their vehicles in Transformers. Instead, GM co-sponsored the production and advertising time featuring their cars and the movie and supplied the cars.

This is exactly the same deal that Audi made (and LG) with Paramount for use of those products in Ironman.

However you look at it or rationalize it, GM paid for product placement, even if it wasn't paid directly to the studio or producers. There's a few other prominent product placements in the movie that I thought were blatantly obvious.

However you look at it or rationalize it, GM paid for product placement, even if it wasn't paid directly to the studio or producers. There's a few other prominent product placements in the movie that I thought were blatantly obvious.

The claim was that money was paid to the studio or producers. That is incorrect. GM and Paramount split the costs of the production and advertising.

What you are talking about is called "product integration", which is not quite the same thing as product placement.

Looks like it's the concept Corvette C7... just google Corvette C7... I would bet money that's what it is!

CorvetteC7.jpg

The claim was that money was paid to the studio or producers. That is incorrect. GM and Paramount split the costs of the production and advertising.

What you are talking about is called "product integration", which is not quite the same thing as product placement.

You are splitting hairs with semantics. GM is still giving money to the production company in exchange for placement--or as you so call it: integration--of their products.

It is the same thing. Paying 1,000,000 to the company to use their products is the same thing as paying 1,000,000 for their advertising/production costs to "integrate" their product.

You are splitting hairs with semantics. GM is still giving money to the production company in exchange for placement--or as you so call it: integration--of their products.

It is the same thing. Paying 1,000,000 to the company to use their products is the same thing as paying 1,000,000 for their advertising/production costs to "integrate" their product.

I will also be willing to bet that the producers shopped around before taking the GM deal so matter how you want to say it .... THEY PAID TO BE IN THE MOVIE!

I was watching back to the future the other night with my daughter and it is sickening how much Pepsi is in that movie especially since allot of it takes place in the 50's and supposedly people were at malt shops ordering a Pepsi in the 1950's? :rolleyes:

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Chevy Volt in Transformers 2 if they havent already decided to put it in Transformers 3 instead.:tongue:

Back