• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Type R Mid-Engine Air scoop

Where can I buy at NSX Type R Mid Engine Cooling Air Scoop as pictured in this photo? Is this something that can be easily fitted to a 1991 Acura NSX? Trying for a type R look to my 2002 face lifted Formula Red NSX

Attachments

• NSX Air scoop.jpg
    NSX Air scoop.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 553
you need to get the LEXAN GLASS HATCH with the cut out...... then get your engine supped up with ITB's since this scoop channels air directly into the engine

then get the scoop.

PLEASE don't get a stick-on plastic scoop like the civic, accord, lexus, bmw, and rednecks

never never cheat an NSX she will bite you back and it will hurt

Shawn, you are the best :D

The NSX type R didn't come with it, this is the NSX type R GT air scoop and getting a real one through Honda will probably be very difficult. I have seen guys with replicated ones so I'm sure someone will chime in sooner than later ;)

I believe there were 5 NSX-R-GT's built that used this scoop.
They were made to homologate the NSX for the racing series and there have been many threads on these rare cars.

Wow
Over $3900 USD for the parts to create a replica look.
Lot of money to spend on a mod for a stock engined NSX.

That hefty price tag is for their whole lean window/frame/and scoop setup, but if you just buy the scoop and the hatch from SOS it would probably be half that if not more.

Back