• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx - type r wing

What different types of type R wings do people use?

I'm saw on dali's page that a OEM wing was like $5000? I'm sure not everyone is using that. Is there a knock off that fits like OEM b/c that price is kinda expensive.

Thanks,

- David

David -- We have a new NSX-R spoiler that is a direct replica of the factory spoiler (mold was taken from an actual NSX-R). The construction is dry carbon fiber. The quality is impeccable, and it is very lightweight. I'll take a picture shortly.

Regards,
-- Chris

You see a carbon fibre spoiler replicated from the original that was made in Germany on my website. I bought it from Prime member Procar specials for less than half the price you mentioned.

There's also a thread in the Picture gallery of that forum - this is the link

Last edited:
ssmugen said:
What different types of type R wings do people use?

I'm saw on dali's page that a OEM wing was like $5000? I'm sure not everyone is using that. Is there a knock off that fits like OEM b/c that price is kinda expensive.

Thanks,

- David

Thanks for the response. I'll check out your website and look for the wing!

Chris@SoS said:
David -- We have a new NSX-R spoiler that is a direct replica of the factory spoiler (mold was taken from an actual NSX-R). The construction is dry carbon fiber. The quality is impeccable, and it is very lightweight. I'll take a picture shortly.

Regards,
-- Chris

That looks awesome! So how much is it? I know dry cabon is expensive.

I guess SoS and me are speaking of the same spoiler factory. I just have to mention that it's not only a question of the look but also an improvement in car's performance. I tested it on a small track and could feel the difference in a 160 km/h turn - the car was a bit more stable at the rear. I'm pretty sure I will feel much more effect this year on higher speed tracks like Hockenheim GP, Dijon and Spa.

OTOH the car seems to have more understeer now in high speed turns (but at higher speeds than before) so I'll have to reduce upforce at the front too. Still haven't found a good solution for that.

Back