• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vertical doors for sale

I want that now!

I need that mod now! Being a large gentleman, this would be a great addition to my car for me. I'm tired of kicking my door speaker when i get in and out. I first saw a kit here at a car show and thought it stupid that the door does both operations, but now have changed my mind on that. Simply open it standard when im limber or when fat and lazy flip it up.
I expect to be dead with any side impact crash so im not too worried about that.
Thanks for the info on these companies!
Trev
Which ones are gold plated inside?

opps forget to mention

I forgot to mention, I first have to cut in the t roof or just a sunroof into my car so I can slip in better as well. I see home depot has some makita sawsalls on sale this week!
Maybe an escape hatch like mikey waltrip has in his Nascar rig.
Trev

I wouldn't worry too much about side integrity considering that if you get hit on your door, most likely it will be by a pick-up or suv and the bumper will directly contact your head first anyway. Well, something like that.

Brian2by2 said:
It says on the site that they seal just like stock. Sounds too good to be true as a "bolt on" upgrade. For $1895, if they give you what you need, and its 'bolt-on', I'd do it...only because my car is going to be a show car anyways.......

From what I recall, this car belonged to a guy named Kenny who made the mod to a red 95T and had it repainted yellow. He had to modify and/or cut the front inside fenders for the custom brackets because the door opens slightly outward (Like normal) then lifts upward. Therefore the seals are intact and tight.

Decah/Carexcess
Has had that info posted for along time, they are waiting for a Nsx to use so they can make a pattern.

Check this post, I posted it back in 09-29-2003 and nothing has changed with them.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23530&highlight=lambo+doors

I don't think Kenny is going to be happy that these guys are passing off his creation as one of there's

http://groups.msn.com/Ronnsx/nsx.msnw?Page=1

http://groups.msn.com/Ronnsx/nsx.msnw?Page=Last

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/show...perpage=50&highlight=lambo doors&pagenumber=1

Last edited:
This mod is neat for a SHOW car, but not a practical mod for a car you intend to drive. Look around at heavily modded cars/trucks of the past. All but the very best are basket cases. How many of us chopped the roof off our mini trucks in high school. I bet your little Toyota is at U-Pull-it now, even if it was never wrecked.

I personally love the look of scissor/gull wing doors. The allure is that they are so rare. However, the other day as I was driving home from work I saw a Hyundia sitting at a Ford dealership with the doors up.

Overall, doing this to an NSX will eventually ruin it. The 1800.00 price point would never cover the cost of creating/engineering/installing/serviceing doors that would last the lifetime of the car. I would love to have an eye into the future of a driver with this mod 10 years from now.

IMO

This mod sparks debates much like the conversion of an NSX to a convertible. Both these doors and converting an NSX to a drop top are primarily aimed at a customer who wants more of a 'wow' factor and is willing to sacrifice some structural rigidity for it. If you like that, it is fine with me, but I personally would not have the heart to do either mod to my NSX's. Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth. Drive your NSX and be happy. :)

No. A convertable is for the driving pleasure. Scissor doors is for wow factor. Threre is little pleasure getting in and out of a car. On the other hand I love dropping the top in the Summer for a true open air feel. Now, if you want to argue what type of long term effect either has on the NSX.... No question you will have issues to deal with on either mod. Or any mod for that matter.

Juice said:
No. A convertable is for the driving pleasure. Scissor doors is for wow factor. Threre is little pleasure getting in and out of a car. On the other hand I love dropping the top in the Summer for a true open air feel. Now, if you want to argue what type of long term effect either has on the NSX.... No question you will have issues to deal with on either mod. Or any mod for that matter.

Well put....I guess I will have to go for a ride in an NSX convertible to get a first hand idea. :)

Back