• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. Corvette

I would never dream of replacing the NSX with it, but I'm blessed to have an equal opportunity garage with both of them in it.
StevieRay, I haven't seen you since NSXPO 2010! We need to get our Kaiser Silvers together. I'd also like to check out that vette. :biggrin:

Lambert....I also owned a C5 and gotta say I like it much more than any of my C6's. I just loved the C5 for some reason. It felt so sleek!

This can go on forever and is pointless IMO.

Having owned both, my answer to the OP is you need to drive them.

I put 40k miles on a C5 (stock at first, then modded)

I have put nearly 40k miles on various NSX's over the years as well (stock, new and modded heavily)

Once I had driven the NSX there was no way I could ever go back to the Corvette.

I had a 911 in that mix in the middle and that was a car I know I can go back to.

I attempted to buy a Viper (both Gen 2 and SRT) and after test driving them I knew I couldnt own one.

The Vette and Viper have a *very* specific driving experience. From the driver position, to the ergonomics, to the view from the cockpit, to the way the car delivers power, to the way it feels both puttering around town and at speed... NONE of it is *remotely* similar to the NSX.

Thats not good and its not bad. What it IS is subjective and its all that matters honestly. The rest is BS (looks, value, "exclusivity", heritage)

What matters is *do you enjoy driving it*. *do you WANT to drive it*. Only you can answer that.

I drove the new Z06 and it felt like a brutally quick version of my C5 honestly. The *driving dynamic* is the same and remains something I wouldnt want to go back to (even if I still had room in my life for a RWD two seater)

Being a former 600HP C5 Z06 owner I can say the following.

Corvette = me too car
"Dude you got a Corvette!?!?! ME TOO!!!!!! "

Cars & Coffee Dallas made me seriously start not feeling unique in the Corvette game, it was like everyone had them. Not many people took pix of Corvettes unless they were of the ZR1 variety. But the few NSX's that showed up, people wouldn't go away to even get close for a decent picture.

But to be unbiased :p you buy a Vette and NSX for different reasons. The Chevy Vette is one of the best bang-for-your-buck car in performance. The NSX is just pure sex head turning orgasmic envy.

Back