• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. EVO VIII

Ryanmcd2 said:
Name a car for 30k that can turn a lap time like the evo and seat 4 people? Read NSXFILES, Doug's friend says he likes his evo more then his F360, and he owns both. If you want ppl to say "WOW that's a NSX he must be cool" so be it. If you want something you can put 5k in and track and hang with if not beat most cars get a evo. Funny thing is I was looking at a bunch of cars and I can get pretty much anything but I keep my evo.

Your speaking of Wayne.
Jason Trumpio helped Wayne out in building up his third Evo motor in 3000 miles. The goal for Motor Number 3 is to make it stronger, and put it together right, so that the motor is more reliable

After thinking about it, in the year or so that Wayne has owned the Evo, he has broken the motor in three times, for a total of say 1800 miles. Which means he only has 1200 actual "driving miles" on the car. So he has more "break in miles" than regular driving miles! Now that's what I call a losing streak....

200 miles after the engine rebuild, it now it appears that the front transfer case is making a whining sound. Of course Mitsubishi will not warranty it, as Wayne has been blacklisted, despite the fact that it is a known problem that the front transfer cases are dying at an abnormal rate.

NSXkid11 said:
who's faster a stock NSX or an EVO VIII

They are the same....owned both at the same time....even drag raced them up to about 120 mph. If you search you will find threads on this. :)

Ryanmcd2 said:
Name a car for 30k that can turn a lap time like the evo and seat 4 people? Read NSXFILES, Doug's friend says he likes his evo more then his F360, and he owns both. If you want something you can put 5k in and track and hang with if not beat most cars get a evo. .

Are you quoting the correct responds?

Didn't I said I love the performance of EvoVIII, my argument is only towards Modified EvoVIII vs Z06.

Ryanmcd2 said:
Funny thing is I was looking at a bunch of cars and I can get pretty much anything but I keep my evo.

Obviously that is same for just about everyone here. You are certainly not the only one who can get pretty much anything. It is not like I had no choice but NSX, there are 2nd Gen Viper GTS, Z06, STI, EvoVIII, Elise, etc.

Ryanmcd2 said:
If you want ppl to say "WOW that's a NSX he must be cool" so be it

This comment is simply unnecessary. :rolleyes: Where did you even get idea of that? Not unless I own a Ferrari Enzo.

There are many cars out there that offer better performance than NSX (especially in straightline). Bone stock EvoVIII is not one of them.

Last edited:
wasn't to impressed with the top end of the Sti wrx :frown: maybe its the gearing on the nsx but Sti loses after 120mph.... Either way the Sti is still one of my favorites and is great bang for buck. :smile:

WRX STi

I have a buddy with a lightly modified STi (full exhaust, boost controller and intake mods) that runs pretty well. I think those parts maybe add 60 hp giving him maybe 360 hp total. From 40 to 145, the NSX is only ahead by 2 car lengths, which is pretty close by my book. As speeds increase, I would think the NSX should continue to pull away.

His STi is pretty torquey for a 2.5 liter car. The STi engine has a much better powerband and delivery than the Evo 8 in my opinion. Also, the sound it makes is much more distinctful than the Evo's vacuum cleaner noise.

2slow2speed said:
the fact that Mitsubishi voids the warranty of EVO's if they participate in Auto-x's or track events.

Ken

As do most, if not all, other car companies.

ANYTIME said:
With mitsu's backpaddling on warranty.....I certainly wouldn't take a new or newer car, mod it and throw the warranty out the window. Sure, you could say you'll just take the parts off and return it to stock and take it to the dealer and gamble on them covering any claims. I know of at least one friend who blew his motor and was denied warranty because they thought he was racing. Key work being "thought". They told him he was on his own and that was that. He did try to go up the ladder with Mitsu to no avail. At least with the CTSC, NSX's are still covered by warranty to a certain degree.

Honda tried to deny a TSB on my S2000 because they said it had been "abused". All car companies will try to deny warranty work if they feel the car had been raced.

All cars with modifications are covered to some degree. That is nothing exclusive to the Comptech supercharger. Honda does not cover anything damaged by the supercharger if indeed the supercharger caused the problem. In order for a warranty claim to be denied due to modifications, it has to be proven that the modification caused the failure. Denying a warranty due to racing and denying it due to modifications are two very different things.

NetViper said:
That doesn't say much about your EVO now does it.
this is due to a tire failure not the car lol. guys all I am saying here is the evo8 is a great car. lets not get all defensive. I love all cars, and I am certainly not saying its better than this or that car, just that is a great performance car thats not made for everyone but can hold its own. This is just my personal experience and opinion and you have every right to think otherwise. I realize I am comparing a modified car to a stock car, but again its hard to compare a inline 4 turbo car to a large v8 engine... come on now. we can at least play a little fair...

* also a side note is that the grand am that I bet (with witnesses) with the ls6? ls1? not sure but I was told its the corvette engine - had pullies, exhaust, intake, headers, and light other modifications so it was not stock. Once again I am not here to be saying the z06 or the nsx or this and that car sucks, I would love to have a z06 but the evo8 suits my driving skill and needs better.

I agree this is comparing apples to oranges. The NSX will always turn more heads and will be much more reliable. But the Evo has the ability to beat the NSX at just about anything given the same amount of money spent on both cars.

The NSX is more of a refined sportscar. To make it go any faster will take a huge investment. The Evo, on the other hand, comes with a motor designed to handle the abuse of forced performance coupled with AWD, a combination that is hard to beat, expecially on the street. And for a few thousand you can raise hp power drastically making it comparable to power output of a zo6 with just as much reliability. Add the amount spent on the car and power adders and you are still less than half an NSX (considering both cars are new).

Anyone that knows anything about turbo Mitsubishis should know this well. This is what die-hard Mitsubishi fans like to brag about most. I've got a 92 GSX that made 400 all wheel hp on 93 octane fuel that I use to drive daily. And on the highway, it was equal to a z06 up to 130+. Since then that car has been modded with a stroked motor and an even bigger turbo. Turbo Mitsubishis are high strung cars for people that enjoy pushing them. But someday I look forward to buying an NSX and chilling.

And as a former Honda mechanic and long time die-hard Mitsubishi fan I can tell you that Honda's warranty and customer service is top notch while Mitsubishi's is crap. I've seen a prelude at the shop where the owner never bothered to change the oil up to 117k. Honda still paid for half. You would be asking for too much to get Mitsu to pay for even half of the oil change....

Wil

JDM NSX said:
this is due to a tire failure not the car lol. guys all I am saying here is the evo8 is a great car. lets not get all defensive. I love all cars, and I am certainly not saying its better than this or that car, just that is a great performance car thats not made for everyone but can hold its own. This is just my personal experience and opinion and you have every right to think otherwise. I realize I am comparing a modified car to a stock car, but again its hard to compare a inline 4 turbo car to a large v8 engine... come on now. we can at least play a little fair...

* also a side note is that the grand am that I bet (with witnesses) with the ls6? ls1? not sure but I was told its the corvette engine - had pullies, exhaust, intake, headers, and light other modifications so it was not stock. Once again I am not here to be saying the z06 or the nsx or this and that car sucks, I would love to have a z06 but the evo8 suits my driving skill and needs better.

Grand Am's have V8's?

Back