• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs Porsche 911 GT3RS at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point)

OK, I can see your point about when to pass the Evo in the first session of the day. Never ran RIR -- my first open track day was in 2003 and I started W2W racing in 2008. The top of my bucket list is racing Spa Francorchamps in Belgium, second is Bathurst in Austalia, and third is Le Circuit Mont Tremblant in Quebec.
I'd love to drive all those, especially Spa. The Nurburgring will always be at the top of my list. My first track experience was a PCA/POC event at Riverside (long course) in 1983. I was hooked for life. That course had everything you want in a world class road course; esses, dog legs, loooong straights, high banking, God what an amazing horsepower track. I used to say that I didn't care if was the Hoover vacuum cleaner club, if they were running at RIR, I would be there.

Hey, I was at this most recent Infineon event too. I was in a silver c5 Corvette, garage stall closest to registration/drivers meeting.

I only met the Instructor driving a black NSX in the High Intermediate group after a session.

I still own a 91 NSX, I'll monitor these forums a little better and see if I can join you guys with my NSX next time.

Don

Last edited:
Hey, I was at this most recent Infineon event too. I was in a silver c5 Corvette, garage stall closest to registration/drivers meeting.
I only met the Instructor driving a black NSX in the High Intermediate group after a session.
I still own a 91 NSX, I'll monitor these forums a little better and see if I can join you guys with my NSX next time.
Don
Hi Don, that was Hrant in that pretty black NA1 parked near you. I was pitted all the way down the other way in the first garage stall closest to the pumps.
Easy to tell our NA1's apart, his is the pretty one.

It would be great to see more NSX's out there with us to balance out all those pesky p-cars & vettes :wink:

//Rob

I saw yours too, both look very nice.

Will you be attending the Trackmasters event on the 22nd? I'm registered as part of the track pack, but not sure yet if I can make it.

Don

Bur Rob's is the fatser one ......... :wink:

I might be at the 6/22 THill. But Laguna for one day is too much of a drive.

Last edited:
I saw yours too, both look very nice.
Will you be attending the Trackmasters event on the 22nd? I'm registered as part of the track pack, but not sure yet if I can make it.
Don
I'd love to make it back to THill on the 22nd but I can't commit just yet because my car may still be down for my latest upgrades. I'm hopeful she'll be ready in time but right now we're waiting on the machine shop.

I guess I won't commit to bringing my NSX if I can make it...

I'll update with what I am driving so you guys can chase, or be chased :biggrin: prior to then if I can make it.

Don

I guess I won't commit to bringing my NSX if I can make it...
I'll update with what I am driving so you guys can chase, or be chased :biggrin: prior to then if I can make it.
Don
Don, If it is at all possible I will be there. Trackmasters has a strict no cancelation policy so I can't register until I know my car is good to go.
I'll post as soon as I know for sure. Regardless, bring out your NSX! What group do you drive in?

Last edited:
I usually drive a fast intermediate or advanced group depending on what car I'm in.

I'll definitely make sure I introduce myself if I can make it out on the 22nd.

Back