• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs R8 in todays Chicago Tribune

Q

Experienced Member
At lunch, I picked up the paper and I was surprised to see this article! The writer apparently owns an NSX, and I wonder if he trolls this board.

Sorry for the pieced together photos. You might have to zoom in after you click the images.

Attachments

• NSXvsR8_1.jpg
    NSXvsR8_1.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 326
  • NSXvsR8_2.jpg
    NSXvsR8_2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 223
Q,
Please try that again. No link, no article attached, at least on my screen. I also checked the Trib but couldn't find it. Thanks.
Rex

Thanks for the article. When the New NSX comes out in a couple of years, hopefully, I wonder how the comparison will be. They say it would be a front engine so maybe cannot do a comparison to the R8's mid engine.

Lexus will have a supercar (not sure if it is categorized as a supercar) called the LFA and the new Skyline will be out. Hopefully other companies will produce these kind of cars as time goes by. It will be nice to have more of these kind of cars on the road. Cannot wait!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Why can't I find the article on the Tribune's website?

I don't see the name of the author, either...?

Good article, though - thanks for posting!

Wow, 600 lbs. That's alot considering their both Aluminum...

Positive or negative, this still makes no sense to me... It's like doing a review between the next Camaro and a 1967 SS.

Just my .02

BTW, that R8 is freakin' uuuuuugly!!!!!!! I want it!!

I love the R8. Hey, why not, I'll post my picture again :).

nsx+r8.jpg

Positive or negative, this still makes no sense to me... It's like doing a review between the next Camaro and a 1967 SS.

Just my .02

BTW, that R8 is freakin' uuuuuugly!!!!!!! I want it!!

Actually, I think the comparison between the Honda NSX and the Audi R8 makes a lot of sense.

Both cars are born out of the same reasons and what they share most of all is the whole idea behind them.
So, in that respect, the NSX and R9 are very much alike.

The biggest difference between them is, in my opinion, that Audi forgot the main reason why to make a car out of aluminum and thus ended up with a V8 engine to make up for all that extra weight.

Back