• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx vs. rx-8

This statement is so incorrect its not funny.

The nsx develops good torgue and power throughout the rev range, that is the characteristics of a 3 litre V6 Vtec. Flat torque curve across the rev range. That is why when others change gear we creep past for 2k more revs.

The RX8 is no comparison to the NSX, the NSX is the only Japanese Supercar, the RX8 is a mass produced, toned down, mum does the groceries family sports car, hence the 4 doors.

Rx8 = nice car but not an RX7 or NSX or Exotic or Supercar
NSX = Supercar, oldie but a goodie.

End of story.

No, the NSX doesn't have power down low.

Of course I'm spoiled with a 514rwhp/489RWTQ daily beater with a superior power plant than the NSX and RX8.

My brother and I have swapped cars to compare and he's even driven the GTO.

We both agree, as well as our passengers is that the NSX and RX8 both need more TQ and HP as well as a flat curve. Neither cars can make the tires spin without dropping the clutch.

No, the NSX doesn't have power down low.

Of course I'm spoiled with a 514rwhp/489RWTQ daily beater with a superior power plant than the NSX and RX8.

My brother and I have swapped cars to compare and he's even driven the GTO.

We both agree, as well as our passengers is that the NSX and RX8 both need more TQ and HP as well as a flat curve. Neither cars can make the tires spin without dropping the clutch.

Sorry you misunderstoood my point which was, the NSX is no way comparable to the RX8 in all areas. One is a supercar, the other is a common as mud car.

Thanks

.....the NSX is no way comparable to the RX8 in all areas. One is a supercar, the other is a common as mud car.

Thanks

Yes, the NSX can't compare to the RX8 in all areas.

RX8 has DSC and TCS. Both of which works with the driver and makes the driving to the limit experience much safer and easier to control.

One is/was a supercar.

Common as mud would be Accords and Civics, not RX8.

Mazda blew it with the rx8. Rx7s were just a gnarly car and on the freeway or rolling start I would butt pucker a little bit racing one.
The rx8 .... No drag comparison. He had to have had a power adder...I've taken my nsx out to the track and
Raced a guy in his rx and I beat him so bad we came back around and I sincerely. Asked him if he broke something.
I don't beat my car but I leave hard. The driver always comes into play...better ...worse...and who owns the car.
If you're racing your car...you're going to be a little more gentle...but you'd beat the crap outta your friends car lol.

Mazda blew it with the rx8. Rx7s were just a gnarly car and on the freeway or rolling start I would butt pucker a little bit racing one.
The rx8 .... No drag comparison. He had to have had a power adder...I've taken my nsx out to the track and
Raced a guy in his rx and I beat him so bad we came back around and I sincerely. Asked him if he broke something.
I don't beat my car but I leave hard. The driver always comes into play...better ...worse...and who owns the car.
If you're racing your car...you're going to be a little more gentle...but you'd beat the crap outta your friends car lol.

How many car lengths did u beat the RX8?

Were both cars equal in setup? For example stock to stock or mod to mod.

How many car lengths did u beat the RX8?

Were both cars equal in setup? For example stock to stock or mod to mod.

Yeah bro if anything he had me on mods. I was on my oem twin disk slipping clutch haha. The way he was talking
I thought for sure I was gonna get walked on. He had an intake and exhaust and if I remember correctly headers
As well. Again it could be driver error...me knowing my dragstrip from years of experience? Who knows.
I know I pulled him atleast five or six nsx lengths.

that sounds about right, i don't know how well the renesis engine responds to mods but stock they trap 96mph which means a rsx type s will be a very good match for it.

I owned both, top of the line RX-8 and my current NSX, both 6MT. The only thing the RX-8 had that the NSX doesnt is the weight distro. I loved the RX-8 because of the bell at 10k rpms, but by the time you had any power you were screaming. It was cool to listen to the engine though, it always sounded like a turbine, pretty cool. The NSX is a supercar though, RX-8 is something to fit your family in and look cool shopping.

Our cars are so fast because of the brooklands green lol

did you finally complete your 02 conversion yet? i saw a thread on it about a year ago and it didn't seem complete yet. how do you like the 02 vs the pre 02 front end?

Heya. Yeah sorry to thread jack boys. Yeah got my conversion done. Love it. Not as hard as it seems from other posts
Car definitely sits a hell of a lot lower with the downforce front and lip. If you on stock rims don't even
Think about lowering your car...I scrape everywhere haha. Got a set of full coilovers...can't wait to get some rims and close that wheel gap ;)
I like the looks of the 02 front ... But wouldn't mind the flip ups either. I took my cantrell front fenders. Off and got oems
I've been slacking ill get some pics up

Bill

did you finally complete your 02 conversion yet? i saw a thread on it about a year ago and it didn't seem complete yet. how do you like the 02 vs the pre 02 front end?

Yeah bro if anything he had me on mods. I was on my oem twin disk slipping clutch haha. The way he was talking
I thought for sure I was gonna get walked on. He had an intake and exhaust and if I remember correctly headers
As well. Again it could be driver error...me knowing my dragstrip from years of experience? Who knows.
I know I pulled him atleast five or six nsx lengths.

If it was a drag race where both of you launched from a stand still then yes, it would be advantage - NSX.

Once ur on a roll, the gap is much more narrow.

The headers on the RX8 adds only 5HP and it shifts the power band more towards redline. Bad news for launching the RX8.

If he did full straight pipe exhaust, even worse.

If it was a drag race where both of you launched from a stand still then yes, it would be advantage - NSX.

Once ur on a roll, the gap is much more narrow.

The headers on the RX8 adds only 5HP and it shifts the power band more towards redline. Bad news for launching the RX8.

If he did full straight pipe exhaust, even worse.

i wouldn't say much narrower from a roll between the two cars. The advantage without a doubt would be less but it should still lose by 4-6 cars still. stock your looking at 96mph vs 100-103mph for a stock na1. a modded na1 would be 105-107 range which would lead to an even worse ass whooping. I can keep up with much more powerful cars from a roll until around 100mph or so.

that sounds about right, i don't know how well the renesis engine responds to mods but stock they trap 96mph which means a rsx type s will be a very good match for it.

The Renesis is pretty much maxed out in NA power potential, short of forced induction. I/H/E don't do much.

Honestly, who cares?

Drag racing is for tool boxes and not at all the point of the NSX.:biggrin:
We didn't get the memo ;)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FX-Motorsports-Unlimited_690936.htm

My first time at the 1/4 mile ever:

(Burnout):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sevensixnyc/4021119842/

(My best run):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sevensixnyc/4021128326/

(Long burnout and soso run):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sevensixnyc/4027932229/

The RX8 is a great car and fun to drive. Everyone complains about the power, but in most cases those people are the ones that never rev the car above 6,000 rpm. Since the car has no torque, you have to run it at 6-9K for the car to move. Unlike a 3.5L torquey 350Z, or even the 3L NSX, the RX8 needs to be against redline to get out of its own way. But when the rpms are up there, the car scoots pretty good.

If you are afraid of redline and will never take any car up there, get a car with a larger displacement so it actually goes when you don't rev it out. Don't get an RX8, or even S2000 for that matter.

But the RX8 has a good chassis and suspension, handles very well, and is fun. I guess you could say it's 'underpowered' (like an NSX!) especially if you don't rev it out (like an NSX!).

Definitely interesting to see differing points of views against the forum car vs. an outside brand.

The Renesis is pretty much maxed out in NA power potential, short of forced induction. I/H/E don't do much.
Yup, headers only add a few HP, and the Renesis dosn't handle FI very well, hard to get over 300whp reliably out of it. If you want more, put a 13B in it.

Last edited:
A used $12,000 Maxda RX-8 will beat a used $12,000,000 Ferrari 250 GTO in every performance category.

Pity those stupid Billionaires.

Those idiots just dont get it.

Back