• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Wide body Matte Black Wrap!

im actually doing it myself so it isnt that bad but the material is expensive. front bumper has to be in a serveral pieces or i think i am going to paint it. im fixing those cracks first before i do it. stay tune for more updates!

Attachments

• day_4side.jpg
    day_4side.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,004
im actually doing it myself so it isnt that bad but the material is expensive. front bumper has to be in a serveral pieces or i think i am going to paint it. im fixing those cracks first before i do it. stay tune for more updates!

I was told the material was decently cheap and it's the labor that's makes it expensive...

Can you provide a link to where you bought the material?

Also keep us updated on how you wrap the bumper if you go that route and if you spray it what spray can you use if you don't get it professionaly done.

Also did you use 1 piece to wrap the side skirt or did you end up cutting a piece for the vented area?

Stephen

There's a thread in the owner discussion with some info on vinyl wrapping:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143433

You can go with cheap vinyl or more expensive like 3M. There's a guy with a E90 that wrapped his for under $200 I think. I posted the link in the above thread.

NSX is looking good! Can't wait to see how it looks finished. Can you post some close up shots?

there are several different kinds wrap. i do have the 3m and oracal material. very durable and easy to work with. its a 6 mil for the oracal and the 3m is 8 mil. i recently became a reseller for them. i will take up close pix today for those who want to see it up close. thanks!

Thanks! the inner door jams are as far in as half an inch or so. so yes, you would see red when you open the doors. hopefully i get done by next week. i am fitting it in, in between my customers cars. so taken a bit longer.

Looking good!:biggrin:

Changing ours soon to be satin black with luminous green.

satin-black-nsx-1BIG.jpg

Looks good! The only thing I dont like about the flat black vinyl is when someone puts their greasy paws on it, it leaves prints right away. :frown: Other than that, pretty cool.

Back