• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Wiki launched

After some testing and configuration changes, The NSX Wiki Project is officially open for content.

The ultimate goal is to migrate all the content from the FAQ and other sources into the NSX Wiki, as well as make many sorely needed updates and additions. Moving to the wiki software lets everyone add or revise content directly

The system is mostly empty at this point. Feel free to start creating content. I believe this wiki will ultimately be much more valuable than the NSX FAQ.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki

Re: NSXWiki:Sandbox

This has a lot of potential........... for more flame wars. :D

Seriously, good on you Lud. This is a step in the right direction for keeping NSX Prime alive.

Re: What the h%11 is a Wiki Sandbox?

I'm not sure if that link makes it clear. A sandbox in general is a term used to describe a 'safe area' where you can experiment with something without impacting the 'real world'.

In this case, a wiki is a public page where anyone can go in and modify to add their own comments. A wiki sandbox is a page where you can experiment with editing the wiki without fear of screwing up the real pages.

Re: NSX Wiki

Great idea! Is there a process in place to move the FAQ pages over to the Wiki or is this something users will manually help with?

Re: NSX Wiki

Great idea! Is there a process in place to move the FAQ pages over to the Wiki or is this something users will manually help with?

It is manual process. There are 13,756 of you and one of me... Go for it! It'll be years if you wait for me to do it! :) That's the reason I set up the wiki - so I am no longer a bottleneck in creating and updating a resource with this kind of NSX info.

What the h%11 is Google?

I have never used "Wikipedia" or even even thought about a use for it...but I guess if people like it and think it's usefull...than Ok..neato:wink: :biggrin:

I have never used "Wikipedia" or even even thought about a use for it...but I guess if people like it and think it's usefull...than Ok..neato:wink: :biggrin:

Well everyone agrees that the FAQ on here is invaluable, but the responsibility for updating it falls upon a single person (Lud). With a wiki, it can be constantly updated with the very latest information, and everyone can contribute. Personally, I think it's an awesome idea, and it will make the FAQ better and more up to date than ever!

For a guy that didn't go to "colege":biggrin:
Thats an awful lot of reading.:smile:

For those of you like me:

From what I have gathered form a couple posts, The Wiki sandbox is Like a NSX Wikipedia Encyclopedia page that can be posted to by anyone on NSXPime.

Close! The NSX wiki is where anyone can go in and update the contents.

The sandbox is a "test area" where you can try editing a wiki without screwing up the real one.

Back