• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX window tint

Ok this might not be the best place for this question but it was the closest to an 'exterior mods' forum in my opinion.

Ok so I'm going to get my windows tinted monday 8/30. You guys usually tint the glass hatch part but not the divider between the cockpit and the engine compartment right?

Do NSX's with tinted hatches have issues with the tint peeling or anything like that due to the heat coming from the engine?

Thanks!

do you have your engine cover still on? sometimes chemicals destroy tint but you should not have any problems with quality llumar or 3m tint from heat.

My driver and passenger windows are tinted, but not my hatch. I have a custom made engine cover that exposes 95% of the engine, but no tint.

Also, to avoid potential problems, check with your Department of Motor Vehicles to determine the limits on amount of tint available in you State.

My hatch has been tinted (with engine cover on) for about a year with no problems. When I did my tint research I didn't see anybody mention this ever happening.

My driver and passenger windows are tinted, but not my hatch. I have a custom made engine cover that exposes 95% of the engine, but no tint.

Also, to avoid potential problems, check with your Department of Motor Vehicles to determine the limits on amount of tint available in you State.

What percent on your side windows Doug?

Last edited:
What percent on your side windows Doug?

My driver and passenger windows are 30%. It's comfortable for me. Provides relief from the sun as well as a sense of privacy. Nothing close to a "limo tint" so I am not concerned about being pulled over by the police. Jutst OEM tint on the front and nothing on the rear hatch

Last edited:
just dont tint the rear hatch and the inside rear window. you will never see out of your rear view mirror again. LOL

but tinting the rear inside window would let your engine be seen better if you ever remove the engine cover

and if the Film ever fails you dont have to worry about when they remove it if they break your defroster/ FM ant wires that are on the rear glass.

yes FM the NSX has two forms of ANT for the radio. which ever one gets the best reception it chooses that one. either the ANT mast or the FM wires in the rear glass

I wish I had tinted my inside rear window. cuz I like taking the engine cover off every so often to show my guts to the world LOL

but since i tinted my engine hatch you cant see the engine inless you put your face up to it

That diversity antenna is terrible when used with an aftermarket headunit. I wouldn't care or notice if it got damaged. And since the diversity antenna is only used with the oem head unit (that I've seen and know of anyways), it will never be used again.

I have had a limo tint on the rear hatch for 10 years. I have had no problems with peeling or fading. As mentioned above, don't tint both the rear window and the hatch. It'll be too dark.

I did my hatch glass 50% tint and 35% on the side windows. I was afraid of it being too dark and ruining my visibility. I like it, but if I was going to do it again I'd probably just do 35% on the hatch too.

My hatch was tinted when I got the car. I'm not sure of the level but it is not too dark. Even that further inhibits the already limited visibility out the rear, but then again it's not a great tint job either. When I look out the back with the mirror I can't see if cars behind me have lights on top of them or not...not good. I'd remove it if I thought I could without damaging the wires.

Back