• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx355

I've been toying with this idea of having the rear of the NSX change to 355 one. Not very good with photoshop so this is the best I come up with and sorry Bobolinski for the pic as I've use it for this experiment. Maybe someone could make a kit like this. :smile:
5772NSX355.jpg

It doesn't look half bad (only 1/4 bad. heh heh). Frankly I'm suprised that some crazy japanese owner hasnt tried this modification alreay.

You're joking with us right? :eek: Why????

Just an idea that's all. So what do you think?:redface:

I love the f355 but it doesnt belong on an NSX.

I always thought our NSX rear bumper was too big.
This looks ok.
Actually, why didn't Honda "re-body" the NSX in about 1998, if they didn't want to make totally new NSX MkII? They could have left the chassis etc the same. Just changed the body. Allowed for bigger wheels that were becoming the norm, shortened the nose a little and shortened the tail a lot.

jin if it came out clean i think it would be strange but interesting
kind of like your na1 bumper + 02 headlight mod :biggrin: i've always been a fan of that one
your car is a big toy after all (thats the only way i can rationalize buying one :biggrin:) and sometimes its fun to stick optimus prime's head on starscream =)

710 said:
I always thought our NSX rear bumper was too big.
This looks ok.
Actually, why didn't Honda "re-body" the NSX in about 1998, if they didn't want to make totally new NSX MkII? They could have left the chassis etc the same. Just changed the body. Allowed for bigger wheels that were becoming the norm, shortened the nose a little and shortened the tail a lot.

The first few designs of the NSX when in deveolpment did actually call for a shorter rear end,. However, it was lengthened for maximum airflow and stability. In addition, i think that the lenght was also required for the addition of a boot to hold some luggage.

Honestly, I know it shouldn't be said, but that EastWest looks awesome! :)

I always tought that the big rear glass was not too exotic (that together with the huge wheel gap is the weakest style point of the NSX). The car is easily the nicest car ever built from the rear intake on... :eek:

I'll bet it can be done without cutting any of the chasis. Just replacing the rear fenders, bonnet, glass hatch, brake lamp and rear bumper. Aerodynamic wise I think should not be that bad from the original. Just compare a 360 coupe and spyder. Much better than the Veilside.:biggrin:

Jin1976 said:
I'll bet it can be done without cutting any of the chasis. Just replacing the rear fenders, bonnet, glass hatch, brake lamp and rear bumper. Aerodynamic wise I think should not be that bad from the original. Just compare a 360 coupe and spyder. Much better than the Veilside.:biggrin:

Honestly, I know it shouldn't be said, but that EastWest looks awesome!

I always tought that the big rear glass was not too exotic (that together with the huge wheel gap is the weakest style point of the NSX). The car is easily the nicest car ever built from the rear intake on...

tell me you guys are joking:biggrin: :confused:

That thing is HIDIOUS!!!! Looks like a long fugly MR2:eek:

I like it, being partial to Pinnifarina stying in general. The fact is, the NSX is very Euro-looking and was designed much like Ferraris--just compare the front and side profiles--they resemble the 348/355-- and TR for that matter. The only part of the NSX I don't really care for that much is the rear end and I think sail panels are nice-looking. It's all in one's taste, that's all.

Funny, to me, it just looks like two cars glued together (I know, that's what it is...). But, something about the lines doesn't look right to me. :confused:

Back