• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA membership

So a few weeks ago I rejoined the NSXCA.

Aside from taking my money, I haven't received any emails, welcome messages, magazines etc. Is there something I'm forgetting to do?

When I log into the NSXCA website, it doesn't look like much changes.

:confused:

I sent NSXCA a $40 check to join two months ago and haven't heard from them.
I haven't checked yet to see if the check cleared but will look for it on my next statement.
A bit disappointed.

We are a bit overworked at the moment since we currently do not have a Club Treasurer and I have been trying to fill in as best as I can while we finalize plans for NSXPO 2015 in Palm Springs. However, my mom recently was released from a 10 week hospital/rehab stay and I am the primary caregiver for her (she is 86). Between those duties and back to back trials I have been doing I am (meaning also the Club is) behind on membership updates. In fact, I didn't even realize my own membership had lapsed. :redface:

Sorry for the delays but this is an all volunteer club where things like checks are not processed immediately since I physically have to go to the po box and pick up and process the mail. I generally do it every other Friday but have been delayed for the above reasons.

Just as an FYI, membership renewals and new member requests are processed fastest by doing it online at www.nsxca.org. Snail mail and checks get processed when I have the time since I am the only one with the mailbox key.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

p.s. and we do need a club Treasurer so any volunteers - Buehler.........Buehler.......Buehler.........

Last edited:
I think at this point everyone should be using e-payment (PayPal and such) just to make life easier for both sides.

Bob, thanks for posting about this. My post is not a slight against the club, which I obviously think is worthwhile or I wouldn't have joined, more of an enquiry into whether my membership dues were received. I was a member a few years back (remember I went on NSX ownership hiatus) and I recall almost immediately after joining I received email confirmation of my membership as well as a little into blurb about club membership. Since this time my entry was met by silence, I was wondering if I had done something wrong.

All the best to you and your mom. I know what it's like when "life gets in the way of living".

John

Last edited:
Just got my reply from the club. S'all good man :)

And another problem about snail mail and checks as it applies to Canadians..........

I am able to deposit checks via an iPhone app directly into the club account. However, Canadian checks cannot be deposited that way. Also, Canadian checks cannot be deposited via ATM. This means that when I get Canadian members renewing by check, I need to find a way to get to a branch for teller service during a working day and that generally is not possible with my trial schedule.

Sorry to "vent" but just picked up the mail and had another Canuck check and trying to figure out when I will get to an open branch to wait in line to deposit it.

Did I mention how much simpler this is if people just renew/join online..................:wink:

nsxca is old school and we like it that way dammit!:tongue:......

Renewed my membership a month or so ago and didn't receive anything yet. Paid $40 thru PayPal :(. Should I get something in the mail. Perhaps a membership ID card at least? The last ID card I had was probably more than 10 years ago when I was still in Michigan.

I re-signed up May 3rd. I paid via paypal. My membership will be good to go by the time NSXPO registration right?

Yes

- - - Updated - - -

Renewed my membership a month or so ago and didn't receive anything yet. Paid $40 thru PayPal :(. Should I get something in the mail. Perhaps a membership ID card at least? The last ID card I had was probably more than 10 years ago when I was still in Michigan.

Renewals don't result in new membership cards. The club issues cards to new members once the membership number is generated.

Signed up and paid via website and paypal but have not received anything and can not register for NSXPO.:frown:

Please contact me ASAP so I can register. Thank you

[email protected]

Thank you for registering as a NSXCA member! Members who registered before the cut off mentioned here will receive an e-mail this Monday that NSXPO registration opens. General registration will open this Friday. We look forward to seeing you at NSXPO 2015!

Thank you for registering as a NSXCA member! Members who registered before the cut off mentioned here will receive an e-mail this Monday that NSXPO registration opens. General registration will open this Friday. We look forward to seeing you at NSXPO 2015!

Did anyone received the email for early registration?

Last edited:
Back