• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Est Fest 2011, Gananoque Ontario, May 20-23 Long weekend

**Change in venue, pls refer new post** Est Fest 2011, Gananoque Ontario, May 20-23

The NSX Club of Canada is currently in the midst of planning our season opening Est Fest event, and we are returning to Gananoque, Ontario at the beautiful Thousand Island region.

As many of you recall the great time we had in 2008. We have plans to revisit this amazing venue on the Victoria Day long weekend (May 20-23), and we want to involve all of you in the planning before firming up our commitments with our host hotel (the Gananoque Inn).

At this point, no room booking is required as we are still in negotiation on rates, but we do want to start the ball rolling to verify your interest. So please reply to the post at your absolute earliest.

Events: Est Fest 2011
Date: May 20-23 (May long weekend)
Location: Gananoque, Ontario (15 mins east of Kingston, or 10 mins west from the Thousand Island US border bridge)
Hotel: Gananoque Inn & Spa
Plans: Tech sessions, scenic cruises, photo ops, show and shine, dinner social, after party
Optional: Ferry boat cruise, onsite spa service, Kingston visit
Special: Track day at Calabogie Motorsports Park (subject to track availability and members’ interest)

As in 2008, room availability is limited and our main concern for that long weekend, so the sooner we confirm with the hotel the better.

Next step:
- Reply to the post and confirm your interest and the total number of guest expected.
- Indicate what day you plan to arrive and depart
- Indicate your interest to participate in the full/half track day

We are also inviting the members of the North East region of the NSX Club of America. All NSXCC and NSXCA members are welcome!

We look forward to your post so don’t delay further. Tell us what you think.

2 - Owen & Karen (plus Jonathan - born Jan 30)
2 - Bram & Nancy
2 - Daria & Glynis
2 - Sean and Becky
2 - Brad and Liza
2 - Bash and Urbee
2 - Kevin & Marlene
2 - John C +1 (I presume)
2 - Shawna +1
2 - Garrick & Nancy
2 - Steve S +1
2 - Dave D +?
26- Total

Last edited:
Becky and I are in. We'll be doing the Friday - Monday. Uncertain about the track day - but if I go it would be for a full day.

Last edited:
Definitely in the "in" camp unless something monumental comes up. I'm looking into the track rates for the club!

You can count Marlene and I in. If anyone wanted a track day, it might be possible to go to Calabogie. It would be about a 3-1/2 hour trip. Have a look at their web site. The track is terrific!

Kevin.

I'm also in the "in" camp. Have to secure a babysiter for the weekend or bring the kiddies. Might be a fun time but I want to hit the track as well so I don't know how that will work if I have the kids...

Maddie would be ok but Brennan might lose his mind!

I could be in for the weekend as long as it does not conflict with a race weekend..............would definately do a full track day - raced it many times and did well over 3000 laps coaching, so anyone questioning this place - one of the BEST tracks I've been on in north america.

Owen - speak to John Hamilton at the track or Jane for pricing...........he's the manager, or was when we booked tracks several years ago.

Oh - would be 2 of us........

Sean and Becky just got back to me and they would be super happy to man the registration table on Day 1!!!

Im going to try to get to this too - will depend if Im away with family that weekend.

Remember, the Club needs to provide all the booze for the weekend!

Tables are turned baby!

The first Est Fest was my most funnest NSX event to date.

How's the response from our US friends?

So far, we have not put a post into them. But will do so in a short while.

Have to secure a babysiter for the weekend or bring the kiddies. Might be a fun time but I want to hit the track as well so I don't know how that will work if I have the kids...

Unless I attend solo, I will have Karen and baby Jonathan with us in the TSX. Bring the STI to the track (I call shotgun) and maybe Karen and Nancy will spend the afternoon with the kids.

I could be in for the weekend as long as it does not conflict with a race weekend...

I thought club events take priority over any race weekend!??

Sean and Becky just got back to me and they would be super happy to man the registration table on Day 1!!!

Thanks guys!!

Im going to try to get to this too - will depend if Im away with family that weekend.

You can take the family away that weekend for Est Fest. That's your best solution.

You can be assured there will be plenty of booze to go around. Est Fest 2008 was great and we will try to top that in 2011.

I'll man the registration table baby. I'll man the hell out of it.
There'll be nothing left of that table when Becky and I are done with it.

I plan on being wasted before I sit down for the first time!

Dave will host the welcome party. He said we could all eat sushi off his pale, cyclist body. Not appealing to me, but raw fish rarely is.

I'll man the registration table baby. I'll man the hell out of it.
There'll be nothing left of that table when Becky and I are done with it.

I plan on being wasted before I sit down for the first time!

Dave will host the welcome party. He said we could all eat sushi off his pale, cyclist body. Not appealing to me, but raw fish rarely is.

Now that's the Est Fest spirits we have been looking for. Eating sushi off Dave is not exactly how I imagine the welcome party to be, but what the heck.....:wink:

This thread is going OT in a very bad way...

I'm in. May be accompanied. Not sure if I will stay there or commute. Will go to track only to watch. Will try to be more definite soon on numbers and hotel needs soon.

Thanks!

Steve S

I sent an email to NSXCA and have posted on the Michigan section, no responses so far.

Larry indicated that economic factors may be keeping folks at home this time around.

Bram

I sent an email to NSXCA and have posted on the Michigan section, no responses so far.

Larry indicated that economic factors may be keeping folks at home this time around.

Bram

We got most of the Americans from NY & NJ last time - might be worth it, some of them actually like us!

Yup I posted in the NE section - that's where all the Americans came from. I did post it in the Midwest section, but that can be pretty far. You never know though.

We got most of the Americans from NY & NJ last time - might be worth it, some of them actually like us!

I had a great time last time in 2008 and hope to be able to make it again. I would be interested in the track day as well. I will post up in the NE section to get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

Tytus

Thanks Tytus. Good to hear from you.

We have been holding off from posting in the NE section as we haven't finalized all the details with Gananoques Inn. Also, we have concerns over their availability that weekend due to a wedding reception so we are looking for alternative venues near there. Furthermore, we want to first finalize details before discussing it with Larry, Bob and Peter and then roll out to NE NSXCA. We will post further once finer details are available.

We looking forward having everyone from the NE and from the Michigan area join us for the festivity. It's going to be a great party.

Owen

I could see if my friend Paul - who found the Inn in the first place has any suggestions. I remember booking us in Nov/Dec last time, and even then it was tricky to get the rooms. There is another hotel in Gann. I think a Holliday Inn or something that's quite nice, it's not the Gann Inn, but it would do if you want to go to Gananoque.

Maybe another town?

Back