• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Est Fest 2014 - Oakwood Resort - Grand Bend May 23 - 25 2014

I am so bummed. So now my friends Brian, Judi, Neal and Cindy are going to EST-FEST and the Cdn ex-pat living here in MI can't go. The info on the track session makes this even more disturbing to me. I'm tempted to cancel my cycling event weekend in Kentucky but my riding buddies will kill me. Bram, any idea what else is on the drawing board for this season and when? Maybe shoot me a PM. PS -- among other things I'm guessing the MI contingent wants to come to EST-FEST to experience some roads without huge potholes -- not sure where I am going to drive my NSX around these parts this year -- roads shockingly terrible.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff,
You are indeed missing out...Your MI friends know a good thing when they have been to some of our previous Est Fest events....sorry that you can't make it up here....perhaps next year.

yes, the track event and the smack talk afterwards is going to be one of the highlights of the weekend, plus we serve Canadian Beer!

All our events are posted on the Club web site www.nsxclub.ca ...we try to do one NSXCC event every month throughout the Summer, so come on up, we have 10% discount on the dollar these days:eek:

Bram

Last edited:
Lucas (& Pamela) are in!

We might not be able to stay the weekend, but I'll be up for Friday and some of the following Saturday.

Looking forward to it.

Room has been booked for Est Fest! We are really excited and it should be a GREAT time. :smile:
Thanks for setting this one up close to us Michigan folks. :wink:

Judi

Wow, 21 attendees confirmed and it's only March!

I have a feeling this is partly due to the never-ending winter we're experiencing here, coupled with the FREE TRACK DAY!

C'mon, sign some more up!

Guys,

4 days remaining for the NSXCC special rate for the Hotel room....so if you are planing to attend Est Fest you should book within the next couple of days.

Bram

OK, I have just gotten off the phone with several outfits this morning.

The booking agent that we were dealing with is no longer with the company, so they had asked if we could call the main switchboard instead. The number is 1-800-387-2324. the original post is updated to reflect this.

Further, I have just gotten off the phone with RM Auto museum, where we will be visiting on Sunday afternoon. They are the home of some of the worlds most exclusive auto auctions and restorations, active in places like Pebble Beach, Monaco and Amelia Island to name but a few. I was luck enough to stop in last year and was completely blown away by their collection. There was an F40, an original 289 Cobra, an original (1930's) Alfa Romeo 8C, un-restored Mercedes 300SL Gullwing, an Aston Martin DB2 coachbuilt for Mr. Onasis along with a host of motorcycles and other rare cars. Their collection continually rotates, so who knows what will be there when we arrive!

Check out their website for further details:

https://www.rmauctions.com/collections/

http://www.rmautorestoration.com/
The best part of all is their admission is under $6 a person!

FYI, some Guys are planning to go up to the Grand Bend track on the Thursday, to take part in the all day track event....this is for the real Track rats, the price is very good for an entire day of tracking.

Bram

Last edited:
We've booked our room, have you booked yours? Better get in soon if you want a KING bed!

I had a break-down, and

Mr Blue....how are you? was waiting for you to chime in our little Est Fest thread...I take it that you have booked a room with a King bed as well?

Bram

booked the Alexander Keith's room for this one! :eek::biggrin: :biggrin:

Are you up to entertaining some guests in late May?

booked the Alexander Keith's room...

Good to hear you and Cindy are coming up Neal. I just booked our room also.
Within the next few days I will provide more details on the Thursday (open lapping through Grand Bend) and Friday evening track days. Things are shaping up nicely for the event and we're just finalizing sponsorship opportunities in order to keep the weekend costs rock bottom.
Daria

We are looking forward to seeing you!

As usual we will try our best....for our Friends from the South.

Bram

Always enjoy your hospitality and can-do attitude Bramster. While that weekend cannot get here soon enough, once it rocks it will be fleeting :wink:

Good to hear you and Cindy are coming up Neal. I just booked our room also.
Within the next few days I will provide more details on the Thursday (open lapping through Grand Bend) and Friday evening track days. Things are shaping up nicely for the event and we're just finalizing sponsorship opportunities in order to keep the weekend costs rock bottom.
Daria

Thanks, partner. Means a lot to us for your welcome. The Friday night activities and Sunday RM Auction Office/House tour (W of Chatham - along 401) are awesome bookends for a sweet weekend. Now, come ON decent weather! :biggrin:

+ 2 / Neal and Cindy: will try to bring two NSX's.

Hello Everyone, my name is Dan. I just picked up an NSX, totally new to the community. I live in London so I am totally stoked that your Est-Fest is in my backyard. I will be down for the Friday night at the track and BBQ, likely won't stay over, it's just a 50 minute drive home. Will be back Saturday for the dinner and definitely joining you folks for the RM tour Sunday. Can't wait to actually drive this thing for the first time!!!! Drove it off the trailer and into the garage 50 feet. How sad, this never ending winter is hard to take this year especially with the NSX ready to go! Looking forward to meeting all of you. See you in May!

Congratulations Dan - sharp looking car!
The Est Fest package is in its final stages of completion and will be available soon.
Until then, I encourage you to join the NSX Club by visiting this site: http://www.nsxclub.ca
This will be the best fifty bucks you ever spent and get picks on your colour and size of the Club shirt.
Daria

Welcome Dan!

You'll really enjoy your new beastie as much as the rest of us, I'm sure, and we know black is the second fastest colour.

As Daria mentioned above me, with your paid NSXCC membership, you get a year of club activities, and an awesome golf shirt in your choice of Black, White or Red. Don't delay! You can sign up by Paypaling $50 to [email protected]. Failing that, send me an email there and I'll be sure to add you to the mailing list.

Congrats on a beautiful car.

I hear The Oakwood Resort has golf, tennis, and miles of beautiful sandy beach.

We could have a round of golf ...

CE6oJW6.jpg

or play tennis ...

osH19yb.jpg

or beach volley ball ...

ILhLP5n.jpg

or just hang out on the beach ...

glQD2vr.png

Back