• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Niagara cruise / Reif winery classic car show/ BBQ in Fort Erie - Sun July 24

jenna020.jpg

On Sunday July 24, we are heading for a Niagara cruise and stopping at Reif Winery at Niagara on the Lake for their annual Corvette, Classic and Hot Rod Car show fund raising event. There will be over 200 vehicles showcased and all proceeds benefit the Niagara Peninsula Children’s Foundation. Note we are not going there to show our cars, but just as visitors at the event.

jenna005.jpg

After our stop at Reif, we will be cruising down the very scenic Niagara Parkway all the way to Fort Erie, where one of our members Shawna (aka Gecko) has generously offered her home to host a club BBQ for the afternoon. There is a swimming pool on site so bring your swim gear if you plan to cool off or just want to catch some sun. Cost to attend the BBQ will be $10/person which goes towards the purchase of food and drinks.

niagara_road.jpg

This is expected to be a day event where the cruise and winery portion take place from 10am-1230pm, and the cruise to Fort Erie and BBQ begin from 1230pm to whenever. Members may choose to participate only a portion of the day and depart at anytime but please make your preference clear on your reply so we can confirm head count for the BBQ and for the cruise. Note the $10 commitment to the BBQ will be collected in advance one week prior to our event via paypal.
87573_3.jpg

EDIT:
We have updated our morning meeting point to better accommodate all attendees:

Meeting Place: Gateway Niagara Information Centre (parking lot)
Address: 424 South Service Road, Grimsby Ontario (off Casablanca Blvd exit)
Gathering at: 0915
Departing at: 1000
To those who are meeting us directly at Reif Winery, our group will arrive around 11am. Also to those who are only attending the BBQ, the group should arrive no later than 230pm.

Please sign up on the post:
1 - Owen +1
2 - Bram +1
3 - Shawna
4 - Chris W +1
5 - Ed +1
6 - Gary
7 - Garrick +3
8 - Robert +2
9 - Richie +3
10 -John G+1
11 - Paul K +1
12 - Jordan +1
13 -

Last edited:
I'll be there...........:rolleyes:

Bram.......this is the country and I'm told to leave everything open!

Hey guys, looks like my wife natashja and I are in! I was hoping to meet some of you before this event but this one will do just fine. See u all there !
Were in for the BBQ as well.
Eddy

Hey guys, looks like my wife natashja and I are in! I was hoping to meet some of you before this event but this one will do just fine. See u all there !
Were in for the BBQ as well.
Eddy

You can always join us for the June 24 track day. It would be a great way to experience your car. Even if you don't track, you can hang out with us for the evening. Speak with swbatte as I am working him to come down also. Only 155km from London.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149064

We are just 2 short weeks away from the event. Some of you have verbally confirmed your participation but we have yet to see your post. We are using this thread to keep track of head counts, so please post your response to the following:

1) Are you attending the Cruise, BBQ or BOTH?
2) How many people are attending?

Thanks everyone!

Hello all sounds like fun..:rolleyes:

Count me in for the cruise..:eek:

:frown: Unfortunately I have a prior commitment so I can't make the BBQ portion of this event

Gary:smile:

This is going to be a great cruise and BBQ!
Shawn is planning a wonderful drive using a special "Bike route" that she knows through the Niagara area, so please join us.

Bram

we will be there too. +3. Please include us for the Barbe TOO! Lets all be there and make this a big event. Shawna has been trying to put this together for years. Will be a good time for sure.

It would be great to finally meet you Gary!!

It's great to see all the babies and kids coming together. Jonathan will be almost 6 months and will attend with us and grandma, so that should be fun time. I better get him accustom to the pool or there will be plenty of crying by the BBQ.

Last edited:
Wow I can make it out for once... Put us down Richie + 3 & everyone is in for BBQ

Last edited:
Wow I can make it out for once... Put us down Richie + 3 & everyone is in for BBQ

That's great news Richie. It's about time you come out again and show us your car. Who else are you bringing along? Tony and Bobby? Look forward to some fun times.

John and Christine will be there.

Wow..... So looking forward to catch up with Christine, you too John!

Last edited:
Will be fun for all.............just bring hats, sunscreen, bathing suit and towel as if it's hot out it will be stinking hot here :>). Don't need chairs and if is is hot there will be lots of shade area under the Yamaha Canopy.

** Parking................the driveway is a long single drive in so if it's dry and hasn't rained in several days it is okay to park on the South (your left) side on the grass as you drive in or space out on the driveway around the circle and double drive area...........

Here is a brilliant map by Shawna to go along with her instructions above. Never knew about her artistic talent.

Just a thought, it may be easier parking diagonally with the left front wheel on the green, but sure we will figure something out next week.

d5695406.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I can join you guys. I miss Fort Erie. I studied at Niagara Christian College between 1989 to 1991.

and some say I'm artistic - ha, can't draw a straight line with a ruler, never mind a car LOL..............

Back