• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXers in the Sunshine State

N

NSX&RX7

Hi from cold and mostly cloudy New York City. This is more a lifestyle question than a typical NSX topic. I'm seriously considering retirement and relocation to Florida, preferably southern Florida- perhaps Miami, Boca, etc. I never thought I'd sat that but here I am 55 and ready to head south.

Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions for nice places to look at in these or other areas? I also want to give my NSX a real year round driving life. I'm going down to Miami again on Feb. 15-22.

Only saw one NSX while in Miami a few weeks ago- a red one-- near the China Grill. I'm know there are a number of you guys living in the sunshine state.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Larry T.

Depends on what you're looking to do when you move down here. Looking to be right near the ocean, or out west a little? Close to the action, or somewhere quiet. Personally I would say the Boca Raton area is pretty good. They have a high stolen vehicle rate though.

I live out in Parkland / Coral Springs, it's about 10mi west of the ocean, and a mile from Boca Raton. I love it, calm, quiet, SAFE, unlike most of SoFla.
smile.gif

SR

Larry,
Well if you want to give your NSX a "year-round workout" than Florida would be a fantastic choice. Florida residents are fortunate to have one of the most active NSXCA chapters and we have fun year round. I can't speak for the lifestyle in South Florida as I've only visited there but I can tell you that the Gulf coast has alot to offer. I live in the Tampa Bay area and it is a very well-rounded community with lots to offer...arts, dining, sports, some of the BEST fishing and scuba diving, and several NSX owners as well! Best of luck in your retirement search,
Scott

Anywhere located parallel and south of Orlando is a good place to live in Florida. I moved here seven years ago from NYC and love it. I couldn't imagine owning an NSX and not be able to use it five months of the year.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want. I'll even give you 50% off on a full professional strength tooth whitening kit when you move down. (This offer also available to any Florida NSX owner.
biggrin.gif
)

Nsxotic,

Where in Coral Springs do you live? I'm on Coral Springs Drive right near Parkland. Nice to see another NSX'er near me!

SR

Sarasota has been my home for 26 years and has been voted the best small city to live in several times. I went to college in Boca Raton (FAU) and found the population too dense to deal with. You will run into alot of intense fellow New Yorkers though.

Once I was done iwth college, I ran back to Sarasota. Highlights include Siesta Key (finest sand beach in the world), St Armands Circle and Longboat Key. Excellent center for the arts and big city feel for nightlife withotu big city traffic. Close prox. to Tampa and Orlando and the best boating water in the state!

Email with any questions, I'm a Realtor and would love to have another fellow NSXer in the area.

I live out in Parkland / Coral Springs, it's about 10mi west of the ocean, and a mile from Boca Raton. I love it, calm, quiet, SAFE, unlike most of SoFla.

oh ya, and take ur NSX +3 mph over the speed limit and you're TOAST!! Especially on Hanover or whatever that road is called!

I live in Davie (sunshine ranches to be exact) and i LOVE it!! very rural with friendly neighbors. Plus its 15 minutes from ft lauderdale beach, 5 minutes from the everglades, 1 1/2 from Key Largo and not too heavily populated *yet*.

Florida rocks...i couldn't imagine living anywhere else

Back