• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXor993: It's NSX!! I'm Changing my Handle!!

N

NSXor993

I'm flying to Richmond, VA tomorrow to buy the 1994 Brookland Green NSX with tan leather (31k miles) that I looked at last week. It passed an inspection at Crown Acura with flying colors. I need to have the timing belt and water pump replaced then to a Driver's Ed at Roebling Road near Savannah in April. I can't wait to drive it on the track.

My new handle will be: Olde Guy

NSXPrime was a hugh help in making this decision - what a great site. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and those who prepared the FAQs.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: Ken SaX, Wei-Shen Chin and Gary Yates !!

------------------
Future NSX Driver

Congrats,
You have a great taste on the color of choice
wink.gif

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP -> VROOM VROOM
'93 300SE MBZ

Congratulations Bill. I know this has been a somewhat trying, but fun time for you. I know you will thoroughly enjoy the car, and a great combo on the color. Very few of those around. Send me a picture when you can.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

Originally posted by Sven:
Congratulation Olde Guy. Are you really an old guy or are you just feeling old? The NSX will certainly change the latter.

Getting up there - 61 years now. But in pretty good shape since I play tennis twice a week and also go to the GYM three evenings after work.

I sold my 1988 944 Turbo S (with EuroCup Bilstein coilover suspension, rollbar and Recaro seats with 5 points) last Fall and have missed having a great car. So I have been on a four month search for "my last great sports car" and I picked her up today. I am thrilled.

You are right about driving a great car making you feel young. Now I have something to show those Porsche guys when I instruct with them next month at Roebling Road. Bill

Bill:

We "old guys" (I'm going on medicare this year) are a minority on this board. I bought my '91 as a retirement gift to myself- it was a great decision. Exercise, good nutrition and driving fast are surely the keys to holding off senility!

Congrats!!

I still think fondly of my '94 green machine, which I recently traded in on a '97T. The "T" does not feel quite as sharp in the steering, but both are great examples of the NSX breed.

You'll have to update us as to your driving experiences--everyone has a new perspective to bring to this group. Happy motoring!

------------------
Steve
Formula Red '97-T

Congrats on your purchase. I hope to keep mine for many years. Although unless I hit the lotto or something(I don't play) I have many years to go before I retire. 32 right now.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by Sven:
Bill:

Exercise, good nutrition and driving fast are surely the keys to holding off senility!

Thanks for the Welcome: insx, Sven and bonzo!
Sven your quote above is absolutely right on in my opinion. Trying new things that requires one to learn new material or new skills helps a lot too.

This board is a wonderful community. Bill

------------------
1994 Brooklands Green NSX
2003 White Lexus IS300

Back