• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2007 in Ohio October 5-9 - Hold the dates!

Everyone that is coming to NSXPO in Columbus, OH will absolutely love the weather here that time of year. September and October are usually the sunniest, driest, and mildest times of the year.

I'm just glad that I get to sleep at home and still enjoy every event on every day.

Mid Ohio is a blast to drive and will keep you riveted every second you are out on the course. Our cars will own that track. In fact the instructional video that was produced by the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course to teach novices how to hit each corner was filmed using an NSX.

:confused:

I'm coming 2,060 miles. 1000 miles is a day. :D

And then I gotta get home before it snows!

Ryan, doesn't it start to snow in Alberta in September. :wink:
It seems to me I was visiting some of your great Provincial Parks late in September and early October and they were already plowing in some places.:eek: Your weather in Alberta may be a little tough but it is one of the prettiest places I have every seen. :biggrin:
Driving 2,000+ miles; here is wishing you a safe trip and I am looking forward to meeting you in person. :cool:

Nathan/Phil, NSXPO is a great time and one of the only places you can go where its hard to identify your own car among so many other NSXs. :biggrin:

The Chicago Crew will adopt you for the event or longer if you like; you are always welcome to hang with us; as is any other owners that care to. You know we all have something in common, so it is easy to find things to talk about. All NSX owners that have come to our get together's have always been welcomed as members of the "family". :cool:

Once you attend a national event you will want to attend all the future NSXPOs no matter where they are located.:biggrin:

I know exactly what you mean, and I really have no doubt that my experience will turn out like you say. The S2Ki community is like that for me still. I've made some truly great friends in the last few years because of that little car. With so few NSX owners/members in my area, and NSXPO being so far away the last few years, it gives me an outlet for my obsession. But I have no problem having two "families":smile:. I'm looking forward to meeting you all, and seeing that many NSX's in one place!

And NSXluvr, watch the Brokeback Mountain comments! :biggrin: I can't speak for Nathan, but I myself am a flaming heterosexual! :biggrin:

If everyone figures out activities and excatly where everything is going to take palce apart from mid-ohio, i recommend nice safe area for hotels. If your looking to make early plans, there is area about 20mins from mid-ohio called polaris. Very upscale shopping area and some nice hotels located near there. very safe and away from bad parts of columbus! let me know if i can be any assitance

Don't worry, we are arranging for nice hotels in safe areas, both in Columbus for the social activities, and near Mid-Ohio for the track event.

I'm there! Looking forward to it especially since my last NSXPO was way back in 02.

Ryan, doesn't it start to snow in Alberta in September. :wink:
It seems to me I was visiting some of your great Provincial Parks late in September and early October and they were already plowing in some places.:eek: Your weather in Alberta may be a little tough but it is one of the prettiest places I have every seen. :biggrin:
Driving 2,000+ miles; here is wishing you a safe trip and I am looking forward to meeting you in person. :cool:

Usually late October the snow starts to stay on the road. If it's snowing out and just melting, I can deal with that.

I should be fine for those dates. *fingers crossed*

Edmonton averages three inches of snow in the month of October, which, as Eagle notes, tends to occur later in the month.

In Ohio, it doesn't start snowing until November, and even then, it only averages two inches...

Edmonton averages three inches of snow in the month of October, which, as Eagle notes, tends to occur later in the month.

In Ohio, it doesn't start snowing until November, and even then, it only averages two inches...

Yes, we might "average"...

Unfortuantely, Edmonton doesn't confrom to averages very often, as shown in July of 2004. (I've been waiting to post these!)

This is actually July, I'm not kidding. It snowed like mad, hailed, tornadoes in the outskirts, flooding, etc... One crazy couple of days, I'll tell you. And it was decently warm, as evidenced by the t-shirts and shorts!

thumb2.jpg

thumb.jpg

storm6.jpg

cleanup.jpg

storm8.jpg

:biggrin:

Edmonton has it's moments, I'll tell ya. I'm sure I'll make it there and back okay. If it snows, so be it.

I'm in!!!!

This will be my first NSXPO with my 3rd NSX. I've waited too long. I'm now scheduling my vacation time from work around this event.

Funny thing - My wife saw these Puma driving shoes in an In Style magazine that some actor had on his top things list (Dr Dreamy??? - sorry, don't watch much TV). She was ordering them for me last night for $200 and I said "Yeah they are cool and all but where and when will I ever wear these bright red shoes?" so I told her to wait. Now I can order them knowing I will use them in early October! If they only had them in yellow to match the car, I'd be set! I also just ordered a book Saturday about driving the perfect line so I'll brush up on my driving technique before the track event.

Will there be any skilled high speed instructors there for some one-on-one instruction? I would gladly pay for some expertise.

Will there be any skilled high speed instructors there for some one-on-one instruction? I would gladly pay for some expertise.

Never fear, experienced NSX instructors not only will be there but will be mandatory for all but the advanced drivers. No solos allowed without being signed off first so you will be getting classroom instruction and have an instructor in your passenger seat the entire time unless and until you get signed off.

Never fear, experienced NSX instructors not only will be there but will be mandatory for all but the advanced drivers. No solos allowed without being signed off first so you will be getting classroom instruction and have an instructor in your passenger seat the entire time unless and until you get signed off.

Great!!!! Thanks

If your looking to make early plans, there is area about 20mins from mid-Ohio called Polaris. Very upscale shopping area and some nice hotels located near there.

Unfortunately, there are no hotels suitable for our needs located at the Polaris exit. Other than the Hilton opening next Spring, the hotels in the immediate vicinity are either too small or do not have the space for our dining and convention activities.

The good news is that the majority of Columbus is both safe and prosperous, and we have a plethora of quality hotels that suit our needs, are in close proximity to our massive mall/shopping districts, and are more affordable than comparative hotels in other cities.

Well, you're 250 miles ahead of me. This could, however, make for an interesting drive...:wink:

This is NOT what I need to hear form you sir! I need to believe that you, and at least 2 others want to SHIP your cars to NSXPO that way our car can go on the truck too! :biggrin:

Otherwise, it will be me and my thumb at Mid-Ohio! :smile:

Philip

I am new to the board as well. I have been to a few lexus meets, and Clublexus has been a wonderful environment, and this forum seems just as nice. I live in Kentucky and I am prob around 2.5 hours from cincinnati. I hope there would be some shopping for the better half, and other activities during the evening. Names Bryan btw guys and gals.

I am new to the board as well. I have been to a few lexus meets, and Clublexus has been a wonderful environment, and this forum seems just as nice. I live in Kentucky and I am prob around 2.5 hours from cincinnati. I hope there would be some shopping for the better half, and other activities during the evening. Names Bryan btw guys and gals.

Welcome Bryan. There will definately be some evening activities and we always try to push for some shopping time for the girls. Considering that Columbus is home to both Polaris and Easton, I doubt that only the ladies will be shopping around. Somtimes I forget how good we have it here, since this is my home town.

Please be aware that even though we have early rise-and-shine hours for our events, some of us younger gentlemen have a habit of staying out later than expected. NSXPO always has its trouble makers; but how often is it that one of the trouble makers is also one of the hosts? :biggrin:

I hope there would be some shopping for the better half, and other activities during the evening.
Many of the attendees bring their significant others to the event. Not all the activities are car-related! In particular, the evening dinners are really oriented towards everyone getting to know each other and having a good time. We occasionally have some kind of alternative activity during the day for spouses/SOs - sometimes involving shopping - but that has not yet been determined.

Many of the attendees bring their significant others to the event. Not all the activities are car-related! In particular, the evening dinners are really oriented towards everyone getting to know each other and having a good time. We occasionally have some kind of alternative activity during the day for spouses/SOs - sometimes involving shopping - but that has not yet been determined.

I have brought Donna to several of the NSXPO's and she has always had a great time with the alternate events.

Back