• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2008

What will be the dinner choices?

Will there be any Dali give aways?:biggrin: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Putting in a request for carrot cake right now!!!!

Also titaniumdave, can you please make sure that the hotel knows that I want a lake view.

Putting in a request for carrot cake right now!!!!

Also titaniumdave, can you please make sure that the hotel knows that I want a lake view.

Both great points and I 100% agree. Why you didn't like last years dessert? The Hockey puck apple item?:biggrin:

The judges told me to expect something in the mail for having the cleanest NSX, they just forgot to say when !!!!:eek:

Yep, won one there for still having the assembly plant plastic wrappers on my sill plates. The award will remain anonymous, and I was NOT wanting anything in the mail :tongue:

Re: You tell 'em Ken

The details regarding the hotel and signing up for the event, including prices, will be announced in early summer, in plenty of time to reserve your hotel room and sign up for the event!
Hey Ken, good thing you kept your cool and didn't break the ALL CAPS rule. :biggrin:

LOL Yea I don't think any of us knew just how BIG Ken's caps are!:eek:

What you really mean is, so much for asking questions without bothering to read the preceding posts... :rolleyes:

Well Ken, the issue I had in mind was the response to Racer-ex in asking about the lodging situation. THAT question in fact was NOT directly answered in ANY of the prior posts here, nor were they addressed in the only link you posted in this thread (but it did thoroughly cover issues about beer, strip clubs and someone's wife) or any links posted by anyone else or you. It also is NOT answered in the NSX CoA website.

Your response was rather rude for a question that was stated rather politely by Racer-Ex. That question was VERY legitimate and important.

Like I stated before, so much for asking questions. :rolleyes:

Well Ken, the issue I had in mind was the response to Racer-ex in asking about the lodging situation. THAT question in fact was NOT directly answered in ANY of the prior posts here, nor were they addressed in the only link you posted in this thread (but it did thoroughly cover issues about beer, strip clubs and someone's wife) or any links posted by anyone else or you. It also is NOT answered in the NSX CoA website.

Your response was rather rude for a question that was stated rather politely by Racer-Ex. That question was VERY legitimate and important.

Like I stated before, so much for asking questions. :rolleyes:

THANK YOU MY BROTHER ,KOOLAID WILL DONE..BILL

I've heard the dates are changing.
It used to be right at the end of Sep.
I also heard the track might be changing.

Anyone know the scoop?

the issue I had in mind was the response to Racer-ex in asking about the lodging situation. THAT question in fact was NOT directly answered in ANY of the prior posts here
Yes, it was, in post #21 on February 5, as follows:

We are still working in final arrangements. NOTHING is "official" at this time. Please allow us to finalize our plans and all will be notified.

Best Regards,
LarryB
President NSX Club of America

Your response was rather rude for a question that was stated rather politely by Racer-Ex.
No, it wasn't. It was tongue in cheek, which anyone with a sense of humor would easily recognize (as confirmed by the humorous responses it elicited from others).

I've heard the dates are changing.
It used to be right at the end of Sep.
I also heard the track might be changing.

Anyone know the scoop?
The information in post #34 above, posted on February 28 by the event Director, is accurate. Guess you didn't read that before posting, huh Fritz? :wink:

Last edited:
Have plane tickets, ready to NSXPO! Never been to Pacific NW and looking forward to this.

Yes, it was, in post #21 on February 5, as follows:
The information in post #34 above, posted on February 28 by the event Director, is accurate. Guess you didn't read that before posting, huh Fritz? :wink:

Didn't feel like hunting through pages, figured I could get an answer if I asked.

Understandable Ken. The part that throws people off was due to the fact that Larry's response, was a response to someone asking about the event dates in particular and that was 2 months ago. People are getting antsy, and for some people, it takes more than 6 months to plan since September is looming closer.

my yarn is looming:confused:

Understandable Ken. The part that throws people off was due to the fact that Larry's response, was a response to someone asking about the event dates in particular and that was 2 months ago. People are getting antsy, and for some people, it takes more than 6 months to plan since September is looming closer.
I understand that people need to make arrangements in advance, such as requesting vacations from work, flight reservations (particularly for anyone coming from overseas), etc. Hopefully, Dave's announcement above regarding the event schedule (Thursday evening 9/11 through Sunday 9/14 for the social stuff, with the track event the following two days) should be sufficient information to permit people to make those arrangements.

The hotel and event registrations are under control of the event organizers. With the hotel, rooms are blocked off for us, with a sufficient number that we shouldn't run out of rooms, at least not until fairly close to the event. Historically, anyone who has reserved their hotel rooms at least a month or so before the event hasn't had a problem with availability. Of course, it never hurts to book it further in advance! But bottom line, the rooms will be available for those who book within a few weeks of when the hotel is announced.

As for the event registration, all of the event activities and meals are still being figured out, including the costs. That's why we won't be accepting registrations until early summer - because we don't yet know how much the registration fees will be.

Hope that makes sense.

September is looming?

my yarn is looming:confused:

looming
One entry found.

loom[intransitive verb]

1: to come into sight in enlarged or distorted and indistinct form often as a result of atmospheric conditions
2: to appear in an impressively great or exaggerated form <deficits loomed large>
3: to take shape as an impending occurrence

loom[noun]
1: a frame or machine for interlacing at right angles two or more sets of threads or yarns to form a cloth
2: the indistinct and exaggerated appearance of something seen on the horizon or through fog or darkness; also : a looming shadow or reflection

I understand that people need to make arrangements in advance, such as requesting vacations from work, flight reservations (particularly for anyone coming from overseas), etc. Hopefully, Dave's announcement above regarding the event schedule (Thursday evening 9/11 through Sunday 9/14 for the social stuff, with the track event the following two days) should be sufficient information to permit people to make those arrangements.

The hotel and event registrations are under control of the event organizers. With the hotel, rooms are blocked off for us, with a sufficient number that we shouldn't run out of rooms, at least not until fairly close to the event. Historically, anyone who has reserved their hotel rooms at least a month or so before the event hasn't had a problem with availability. Of course, it never hurts to book it further in advance! But bottom line, the rooms will be available for those who book within a few weeks of when the hotel is announced.

As for the event registration, all of the event activities and meals are still being figured out, including the costs. That's why we won't be accepting registrations until early summer - because we don't yet know how much the registration fees will be.

Hope that makes sense.

Awesome and thank you for clarifying that Ken. I remember NSXPO and lodging happened to be an issue that was dicussed at our table during our last nsx drive. Well that, and hoping it comes to Vegas soon lol.

What run group am I in and what time is the group drive.:biggrin:

Ratesh,

Are you planning on driving up there? b/c i'm thinking of shipping my car to LA and driving up to Oregon then shipping it back to TX after it is over.

Anyone else from TX planing to attend this event? if so, how are you planning to transport your cars?

Let me know.
:smile:

I'm tentatively planning on driving to the event this year - my first NSX major event. I already have a place in Portland so don't need to worry about where to stay...hehehe

Anyone else from socal/norcal going to make the drive? Socal can meet us up and then do the cruise together.

ttyl
rick

Back