• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2011 registration is open

Yeah Juice! Too cool! You will have a great time and since you are not forced to go any faster than you are entirely comfortable with going, you can be as safe as you want.

That's the great thing about a track event. The big talkers off the track are often the slower folks on the track. Those who are concerned about theirs and others safety are aware. Being aware that you might not know everything (or anything) allows you to become a good student and being a good student allows you to become a good driver.

I think any of the instructors will agree that there are very few folks who come out and drive like a pro. Everyone starts out in the same position, not knowing and proceeds from there.

Alan Offsie told me something that I've found helpful. Most instructors will ask you what your goals are for the event. Alan told his instructor that he wanted to have fun and be able to drive his car home. I've told all my instructors the same thing as well.

See you in September!

I've poured so much $$$$ into my car I would cry if I went out and so much as dinged her my 1st time out. Even worse, I would be mortified if I did as much to a fellow NSX enthusiast simply because I was trying to show boat on a track that I've never driven before.

Trust me when I say, just driving my car will be a pleasure, let alone actually getting to drive it on a track. I think this will end up being my favorite NSXPO ever!

The key to any track event is to drive within your comfort zone. At the end of the day/event, nobody is getting any trophies, tv interviews, champagne showers or groupies.

My first track event in the NSX was at NSXPO 2001 at Road America. I already had graduated Skip Barber's Racing School and Advanced Racing School and was passing most people while driving a Formula Dodge and Formula 2000.

I came to Road America with that background and was placed in the Novice Group. I had ten sessions on the track over the course of two days and was signed off to go solo after my 4th session on the first day.

I passed one car in ten sessions.

I had a great time giving point bys all day long and took pride in being signed off to go solo at my first track event and my instructor was Bruce McPherson. I drove within my comfort zone as an NSX track newbie and was hooked.

So much so that I now have 80 track days in the NSX.

I still get passed by the higher HP cars but am happy to be an Open Tracker knowing that I can safely drive with the best and fastest and not worry about ego bruising as I let a GT2, Z06, Lotus or those pesky spec miatas go by as necessary.

Embrace the opportunity but leave the testosterone at home.

Looking for all you Mid-west salt-of-the-earth folks (no offense meant so please don't take any) to

register for NSXPO2011.

Thank you to those few that have done so, but where are the rest of you?
We miss you.
We need you.

Register. Today.
NSXPO2011.com

Back