• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2012 in Colorado

Hey guys. NSXPO is really close to us this year. Please take a look at the wiki describing the event here
http://nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXPO_2012

I would love to have a strong southcentral representation at this event.
Just posting a reminder since it is already June and the event is in September

Is anyone from the dfw or Austin/Houston/San Antonio going? We could arrange a caravan

You going Payam?
Interested to see how many Texans are driving up... I've been thinking about it!

hmmm me too. It would be nice to get away & go enjoy the mountains/scenery.

Looks like registration is open... hotel info is up...

I'm on the fence.

Who is registered and 100% going? Can we get a list going? Not a maybe list... but a 100% list.

The list will likely cause more people sign up.

I'm in for sure, anyone interested in driving up there as a group? I assume the Austin and Houston members could meet us in DFW and we could head out as a group?

Mr. Two

ysoslow and I are registered already. We are both in Houston. We will be leaving on Wednesday and will obviously be going through Dallas. We plan to spend Wed night somewhere before arriving on Thursday afternoon. I was going to post a thread towards the end of this month to see if anyone wanted to meet up to caravan there.

Mr. Two

ysoslow and I are registered already. We are both in Houston. We will be leaving on Wednesday and will obviously be going through Dallas. We plan to spend Wed night somewhere before arriving on Thursday afternoon. I was going to post a thread towards the end of this month to see if anyone wanted to meet up to caravan there.

Awesome, I'll register tonight assuming you guys don't mind me tagging along!

I'm assuming you guys will be coming up I-45 so it should be easy to find a meeting place in DFW depending on what route you want to take. I haven't done the drive to Denver in a while, so I asked on our local DFW auto club forum and got some good options:

I-35N to Kansas then I-70W to Denver - 892mi, 14h 5min
Pros
  • 100% interstate driving and high speed limits will make this the fastest route
  • Lots of places to stop for gas and food
Cons
  • Possibly the most boring stretch of road in America, after a while spotting a tree is exciting
  • There is 1 turn in 14 hours
  • Will most likely have the most highway patrol and speed traps

287W to Amarillo, 87 to Raton, I-25N to Denver - 814mi, 14h 14min
Pros
  • Seems to be the most popular way to Denver from DFW
  • Midway point in Amarillo is a good place to stop for the night (will be 10 hours in for you guys)
  • Slower highways but we should have better scenory and roads
  • Mountain roads :biggrin:
  • Should be less congested with more room to have fun
  • Shortest distance
Cons
  • Will have to slow down / stop as we go through some towns
  • Less populated so less support if we need something
  • Fewer fuel and food stops
  • We won't be discrete at all rolling through the small towns :cool:
  • The last I-25N leg between Colorado Springs and Denver is supposed to be really congested at rush hour

2010 Dustball Rally Route - 891mi, 18hr 1min

Pros
  • I had friends who drove in this rally and they said it was some of the most amazing roads in the country
  • Up until Amarillo, this route is the same so we could stop there for the night and choose which way to go based on how everyone feels after a full day of driving.
  • After Amarillo this route spends several hundred miles going through mountain roads and national parks!
  • By far the most scenic and fun NSX roads
  • Has potential to be one of those drives you will remember for a long, long time
Cons
  • According to google this will add almost 4 hours to the trip. I doubt it will be that bad, but it will take the longest
  • Pretty much all the issues listed for the route above apply here too (except I-25 congestion)
  • Will have the most two lane highway sections so we will be doing much more passing
  • A lot of driving to get to Denver where we will meet up with other people to go for another drive :biggrin:

i've driven on all of those routes. From Kansas to Colorado is so boring. But then again, im pretty sure after driving for 10+ hours of driving, everything will be boring. If we do go through 287, we can stop by Big TEXAN

Back